“A very pleasant surprise!”

Nordic Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We went to Lincoln City as a birthday treat for my wife. We had a room at a nearby hotel but were very disappointed in the room. We spotted the Nordic Inn while walking along the beach and decided to check it out. We had seen it online but we felt the room we wanted was a bit too pricey.
The lady at the desk showed us a couple of rooms, starting with what she called "the WOW! room." She was right about that! A spectacular panoramic view from the large (twice the size of the other rooms) comfortable top-floor room! Equipped with a genuine Jacuzzi, gas fireplace, large comfortable bed, big TV and large, dual-head shower, it was way better than the description on their website. We booked it on the spot and spent two wonderful days there.
The "lighted surf" sounds kinda gimmicky but makes sitting high above the beach admiring the view last long after sunset. A major storm blew through after dark but we enjoyed it, sitting in the Jacuzzi with the window open, drinking champagne.
Room 317, highly recommended!
The continental breakfast was adequate but not great. The usual DIY waffles, bagels and cereal. The coffee the first morning was way too weak, but there's a coffee service in the room. Also, they don't want you taking food back to your room.
Staff was uniformly friendly and helpful. We would stay there again in a heartbeat! I fact, we're going back after Christmas!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crummett
There are newer reviews for Nordic Oceanfront Inn

Reviewed October 25, 2010

OceanFront - need I say more?
Comfortable bed, clean room, great shower, free WiFi and access to the beach.

Not 5 star, but for less than $100 per night, not a bad choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank dreamofengland
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We have stayed at the Nordic Oceanfront Inn off and on for many years. Everyone there is so friendly - the person taking our reservation, the front desk staff, and the breakfast assistant. They always make us feel as though we are coming "home." The rooms are clean and comfortable, with all the ammenties we need. All rooms have ocean view. There is a big deck for everyone to sit and enjoy the drama of the ocean. A long set of steps will lead you right down to the beach. The pool and hottub are inside with convenient access from every room. One thing that we also enjoy here is the breakfast. It is served in a warm, friendly atmosphere in which to share with your fellow visitors, ocean view, and good food. The waffles - can't resist. Whenever we visit Lincoln City - the Nordic truly is our home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

The Nordic Inn at Lincoln City is a place we will never stay again. Upon checking in, we realized the room didn't have Air conditioning. Which I realize is a fault on our part for not checking ahead of time on that. We called the front desk and asked if there were any available rooms with A/C? We were told very rudely that none of the rooms have A/C and in the words of the front desk employee, "We don't have A/C in any of the rooms, Here at the coast we open our windows and let the ocean breeze in!" Like we were stupid or something. Just very rude. So we went ahead and opened the windows, It was a very warm day, and the windows didn't even have screens on them, Very safe huh. The room was dated in the 70's Very old musty carpet and decorations, very small, Old bed which felt like we were in a hole with how worn out it was. We both slept horrible!! Just an overall bad stay. Also the "Continental breakfast" was waffles, bagels, and muffins. Not sure about anybody else but I like a little protein in my breakfast. We will not be back to stay at the nordic and do not recommend it at all. Normally I wouldn't waste my time writing a review but I was really disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hrknott
beachinn, General Manager at Nordic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

Thank you for staying at the Nordic oceanfront Inn. I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with your accommodations.We have a reputation for being extremely friendly and hospitable. I apologize if you felt our staff was rude.I am sure they would be mortified to think someone felt slighted in anyway.Our Inn is a very comfortable and nostalgic Inn.We have done several upgrades in the past 2 years.Most of our beds are Queens with pillow tops and very comfortable.Our breakfast has also been upgraded and includes not only the self serve waffles,but also fruit ,yogurt and other very healthy items. Most of our guests find the breakfast to be delightful and express this to our office staff often.I do hope you will try our establishment again .We want all off our guests to have a stay filled with wonderful memories.

Reviewed July 1, 2010

We stayed at the Nordic Oceanfront Inn in June 2010 it was great! The rooms are so clean, bedding nice,crisp,clean and so comfortable! Very friendly staff, house keepers are the best! Lots of room in the full kitchen rooms, we had my brothers Birthday on the coast we made him a meal in the room everything turned out great! They have cribs so it makes it easy when baby comes along! The pool is never full always lots of room, very clean and fresh, nice large hot tub. Great breakfast we took ours back to the room to enjoy it by our selfs while sitting ocean front looking at the waves, it smelled so fresh with a great breeze coming in from our freshly cleaned windows! We will only stay at the Nordic Inn when we visit Lincoln City Oregon for now on!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Our first visit to the Nordic Inn. We selected a room with the "kitchenette" but don't waste the $20 on it because it is little more than a burner and a sink. $10 extra if you do not do the dishes with the hand soap and paper towels. I realized on the next day the dishes were not sanitized. Reasonably clean and laid out. Pool is ok, hot tub was luke warm. Breakfast was nice with fresh waffles and fruit. Bed is of a low hotel grade and pillows quite large so bring your own pillow. Think motel 6 with a view. Again the view is nice as you can sit by the widow which is cleaned every other day and is newer, there is a little bit of lawn and shub visible on the 1st floor, we had room 110. The door to the beach is just outside the room. If you want a real kitchen and don't need a view try the Whistling Winds down the street, we really like it there and the owners are real nice and keep the place spic and span.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank manazuma
Reviewed March 30, 2010

What I have to say about this place is going to make it sound like I work there, but I don't. I've linked my Facebook profile to my review, just in case anyone needed verification of that fact.

We visited 27 March - 29 March, 2009, and have reservations for Friday and Saturday evening, 2 April - 4 April. When we checked in last year, we were greeted by an exceptionally friendly staff. On that note, may I also disavow any negative reviews of the manager? Yvonne is exceedingly nice. In fact, of all of the Oregon Coast motel managers that I have spoken with as I've checked around, she is probably the nicest.

The room was incredibly clean, and we were able to fall asleep to the sound of the tides washing upon the shore. The combination of the soothing ocean sounds and crisp salty air that fills your room should you leave your window open makes sleeping in their surprisingly comfortable beds feel like a spa treatment that lasts all night. It is a peaceful and tranquil setting, and noisy neighbours are not a worry. There is free wireless internet, which is fast and efficient, and a free continental breakfast. The only downside about that is also an upside; you need to get up early to catch it, but that's inspiration not to waste your days at the coast sleeping when there's so much to see and do! You can sleep the weekend away at home any day.

We asked some daytime staff about recommendations for what to see and do during the day. They happily provided us with many options, including the Oregon Coast Aquarium, local nature walks, information on the glass balls to be found along the coastline at this time of year, etc. They informed us of good places to eat, and romantic activities for couples such as us. I only wish I could remember the name of the person who was nice enough to spend ten minutes of their time helping us figure out what to do!

I saw one complaint about how the pool closes early in the poor reviews. Well, in my opinion, I think that's a matter of personal safety, and it just goes to show you that the owners care about their guests. They could very well leave an unguarded pool for your children to go drown in, but they don't. They close it early for safety reasons. While I'm speaking of the pool, may I mention that it was very clean, and not overcrowded at any time during the day. I've stayed in a few motels locally that have absolutely FILTHY pools that quite literally smelled like fresh urine. I'm happy to report that was not our experience at this inn.

My boyfriend, at the time, was recovering from knee surgery, and needed a handicap accessible unit. The management was more than happy to accommodate him with something VERY close to our unit, and indicated that they were more than willing to make any changes, if need be, to make walking easier on him. The attitude of the staff was sympathetic, whereas a few of the other places I had asked about such accommodations made it sound like an inconvenience for them.

What else... well, the beds were comfortable. This place has an authentic charm, and my best memory was probably sitting by the windowsill each evening, watching the tides. There is lighting all along the edge of the ocean, so you can see it in the otherwise pitch-black midnight hours. The same cannot be said about many other coastal getaways!

The year before, we stayed at Sailor Jack's. Frankly, I don't believe that place could even hold a candle to the Nordic Oceanfront Inn. I won't bother to write a review about that place - they don't deserve one. This year, the only thing that had us looking at other places was the horrible economy's effect on our atypical "broke college student" financial status, but we lucked out. After checking around, I found that not only was this a wonder memory I'd give anything to relive, but also the most cost-efficient for what we are looking for.

I'm happy and thankful to have the opportunity to stay there again. We had to make some changes in our reservations due to my not feeling well and his experiencing knee problems, and the person I spoke with on the phone was more than happy to accommodate that. They didn't make a fuss about last-minute changes - in fact, she said it was no problem at all.

We'll be staying on the first floor this time. One of the beauties of this experience is the fact that there are means to prepare meals in the motel, and we'll only have to worry about lunch and dinner. This means we won't need to spend money eating out. It is a very welcoming atmosphere, and if you're looking for a place to get away from school/work/life in general, this is it. If you have a significant other that you need to spend quality time with, this is the place to do it. I have nary a negative comment, and I'm a finicky person.

I would gladly give this inn five stars :)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
beachinn, Manager at Nordic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

Hi,I really appreciate all of the awesome things you said about the Nordic Oceanfront Inn. It is guests like yourself that take the time to acknowledge the simple pleasant things in life that make working for the Nordic so enjoyable. Thank you so much for your comments. It will be our pleasure to have you as our guest always!