“Breath-taking view to the shore”

and 1 more site!
Nordic Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We have been to Oregon for the first time and Lincoln City will be one of our favorite stops in the future. The Nordic Oceanfront literally offers a great view down to the ocean and its just a few steps down to the beach. We had cool winds during our stay, so we simply opened the windows and enjoyed the sun. We experienced a friendly staff and tidy complex. The breakfast area was a little overcrowded during "rush hours" in the morning, but we enjoyed some nice conversations with other guests, sharing the large table. Recommended as a starting point for some day trips along Highway 101 and the Oregon Coast with reasonable pricing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We have been to the Lincoln City area several times in the last few years. Sometimes it is for business and others for pleasure. We enjoy the diversity of the area and always stay at the Nordic. For the amenities that you get, you can't beat the price. Besides, the location is nice for heading anywhere in Lincoln City or beyond. With the new remodeling having been done, it is even nicer.

Room Tip: We always stay at the top floor for the best view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vikki S
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Have never stayed @ the Nordic before but noticed the renovations outside which were very nice so decided to stay here. Our room had great views of the Ocean but missed having a private balcony as they only have a couple of rooms with them. Over all condition of our room was clean & nice. Nothing about our room seemed renovated but nothing was missing,...except for a private balcony. Having said that they do have a large balcony for everyone to relax on.
The breakfast room was spotless & I agree with a previous guest review that the gal cleaning it was worth the tip.
The front gal/manager was very pleasant upon checking in & indifferent after that, so be it, I came for the Ocean views & was not disappointed.
Managed to watch an Eagle feed along the beach.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony as for myself it adds to the beach experience.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

As a special needs customer we were accommodated in every way. Mr Lee right on down to several housekeepers that took care of us even had assistance unloading the are of a couple heavy items. The front office staff is always friendly and helpful as is the service in thee continental breakfast she had everything prepared and was always cleaning they should have a tip jar for her.
With the renovations completed its a new motel and the front office is outstanding. The nordic rates #1 with me. Saw Hummingbirds, Seagulls, Osprey. Bald Eagle and Pelicans, Seals Sea lions, and whale Had a great stay and the weather was the best of the year so far. Book your room and enjoy the view and comfort of the Nordic.

Room Tip: The view on the first floor is fantastic and it gets better as you go up. I had family on the 3rd fl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank orca104522
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Had booked a two night stay based on the pictures from their website! Not sure where those pictures were taken but it definitely wasn't from either of the rooms that were shown to us! I've never had my credit card charged a month in advance of my arrival! Every other hotel has always just placed a hold. Well after the experience we had with the extremely unprofessional "manager" I understand why they charge rather than place a hold! Obviously we weren't the first person to refuse to accept their "remodeled", "falsely advertised" rooms! She was already prepared to give her rehearsed speech about refusing to refund our money, etc... That was fine, it was worth it to get out of that awful smelling, extremely outdated room with broken down beds! I will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone and will make sure to tell everyone I know what horrible customer service we received from their "manager"! Stay at the Inn at Wecoma! They know what customer service is and they're less expensive with clean, modern rooms!

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank 33Sharon33
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel has no customer service! When we asked to check out a day early ( out of a 3 night stay), the manager advised us, that we could leave, however, we would still be charged for the third night!

The rooms are supposed to be newly renovated! All I can say about that is, if this room is newly renovated the year is 1984!
Breakfast is not great either. Choice of Raisin Bran or Frosted Flakes, processed muffins, toast, and a waffle maker.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Mary S
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We booked 2 nights stay April 5-7 after seeing that it was "newly remodeled", and the nightmare all started at booking when they charged us our first nights stay 3 weeks before our visit. I have never had that happen before ever, however we decided it didn't matter since we were planning on going anyways. When we arrived we were greeted by a very cranky women (whom later told us she was the manager), but pleasantly surprised by how nice the office was. You could tell it was newly remodeled and looked great, little did we know that was the extent of the "remodel". After we were handed our keys and given directions to our room we headed over to find that it was GROSS. The only "remodeling" that had taken place there was some cheap, rough, what appeared to be indoor/outdoor carpet, and a few tiles around the bathroom sink. The furniture (nightstands, tv stand etc.) were very old, and warn. The door to the bathroom was very old and gross, along with the bathroom itself. The beds felt like they were 10+ years old, when you sat down it felt like it collapsed all the way to the floor, clearly no support left in them. Needless to say we were very disappointed after expecting a newly remodeled room (and paying $220 for 2 nights). We called the front desk to ask if maybe we had been given a room that had not yet been remodeled, the rude lady from the desk that had "greeted" us was on the other end. She assured us it had been remodeled but for an additional price we could "upgrade" our room. We asked if it was nicer then the room we were currently in to which she replied "I don't know what your talking about, I think all of the rooms here are nice!" She ended up agreeing to show us the new room before we decided anything and said she would meet us in the office. After we hung up we discussed with each other what we thought we wanted to do, and 2 minutes later she called our room asking "are you coming to the office so I can show you the new room or what". We packed our things and headed to the office where she lead us to the new room. The moment the door was open you could smell a TERRIBLE smell that I can only describe as cat urine!!! Also, it was no nicer then the original room, and I surely wasn't going to pay even MORE to stay in it! We immediately left and said we were not staying there, it was not as advertised and to suggest it had been remodeled was ridiculous. The first thing out of her mouth was well your not getting your money back, before we had even suggested that's what we wanted. We went back to the office with her to "check out" after only checking in 10 minutes prior. We asked to speak to a manager, which is when she told us she was it!! She argued with us for a few minutes while getting our paperwork together about the cleanliness of the room and how dated it was. She ended up refunded one nights rate, the cheaper night, and we got out of there!! I would not suggest this place to ANYONE! In fact I will make sure everyone I know knows not to ever go there. If I could have rated it a ZERO I would have!! The ONLY good thing about this place is the location, great view of the beach. What a waste to have this hotel hogging the view!

Room Tip: The only tip I have to help choose a room would be to choose a room at a entirely different hotel...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank ShalynD33
beachinn, General Manager at Nordic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

This guest checked our site and booked online. Our policy is to bill for the 1st night on online reservation. To verify the credit card information is correct and billable. Our site states you may be billed for the 1st night, so this should not have been a surprise. Our site also states that we have a 24 hour cancellation policy. This guest was charged for the 1st nights lodging which since it was a Saturday was more expensive, than the Sunday rate, which we released .This guest made statements to me which were untrue. She said the pictures on our site are not the pictures of the rooms, which is false. She liked the Jacuzzi room, but I told her it was not available until Sunday she asked the rate and made a snide comment "she would not pay that rate for here". This guest was willing to say anything to avoid paying for her 1st night. When this guest was checking out, she tried to get the guests who were checking in "To not stay here” .The guest checking in were frequent customers and told her they like it here and came often. She complained about the remodel .We have comments on a daily basis on what a great job was done on the remodel and how nice the units are. The remodel was extensive. At first I found her comments ludicrous, because I know all of the hard work that was done and the many upgrades that were done. She complained the room was not clean and smelled .Our units are cleaned and then inspected on a daily basis. I find it sad when people see things from the half full perspective .We appreciate all of our guests and usually I want all of our guests to return and often ,but I will make an exception ,I hope she finds what she is looking elsewhere.