“Stay here and enjoy your vacation tired, upset, and with your back out.”

and 1 more site!
Nordic Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 21, 2013

View of the ocean nice, unless fog is in. You’re on a hill so all you will here is the ocean, without seeing the ocean. Room has not been updated since the 80's, which isn't a problem except the toilet runs every 20 minutes.

Geeting a good night sleep is wonderful when your room is all lit up from the microwave clock; the flame from the fireplace that won't shut off; the surge protector under the bed; and the light emulating from all sides of the curtains.

The bed was nice and wore out, so no sleep there. And the mismatched pillows, one flat, the other overstuffed, makes a wonder choice between sleeping on something as round as a watermelon or flat as a pancake.

After our stay, my wife and I staggered to the front Desk to explain how our stay was. We were informed that I must be light sensitive, that we should of called maintenance at 3 in the morning to come hang out in our room and fix the toilet, and that there is NO WAY for us to contact the owner. I was given $20 dollars off our stay of $175, and of course no more than $20.
The manager told me we would receive a call after the she called the owner about our stay.
3 days latter no return call.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else/
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Redtiger77
beachinn, General Manager at Nordic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

I did have a discussion with this guest. I did advise this guest that we do have a night manager on duty all night long to take care of any issues and make our guests as comfortable as possible. He did not contact the office (Night Manager) with his problems. He complained about the pillows and I advised him there were extra pillows in the dresser for his use .He complained about the light from the microwave clock and the surge protector( which he unplugged) .I have never had anyone complain about these items . This guest complained about the toilet running. I did have our maintenance man check the toilet when this guest checked out and it was working correctly. We do check the rooms after each guest checks out and the room is cleaned. We found nothing wrong in this room. I did give this guest a $20 discount. I have talked with this guest a couple of times, and he has added to his complaint each time we spoke. I did tell this guest I would call him back after I spoke to my boss. I would have called this guest once my boss was back from his days off, but he was impatient and called that evening after we spoke the first time trying to reach my boss. This guest checked in at 6pm and had plenty of time to notice the issues he complained about the next morning instead he choose to wait until the next day to complain. He really only seemed interested in getting a discount and was not satisfied even when he was given a discount, he wanted more. He actually told me he wanted $30 more. He never mentioned his back being out until I advised we would not be giving any further discount .So I guess you can derive your own opinion from that.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We recently stayed at the Nordic Inn and never again! We changed rooms, and after we moved, I realized I had left something very treasured behind in the room. My husband got the clerk to let him back in the room, and they could not find it anywhere, nor in the lost and found or maid carts. The staff was not at all sympathetic to my plight, and refused to confront the staff about who had been in the room. I cannot replace what was stolen from me, and the staff refuses to acknowledge that the only possible scenario is that the maid stole from us. Do not take your chances here - there are a LOT of other nice places to stay in Lincoln City!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

This guest did move from one room to another. The guest did not notice her slippers were missing until the room she had been in was cleaned and the housekeepers had gone home. The housekeeper in question is a very honest and reliable, long term employee. I was hoping this guest had found her slippers. The office staff did go up with her husband and check the room and all of the maid’s rooms and carts etc. . . . Her husband did come back to the office a second time so he could look for himself again. There were no slippers left in the room. The husband did come to the office and thank our office staffer for his help in trying to locate the missing slippers.
So we were quite dismayed by this review. The housekeeper who cleaned the room did not find any slippers. We tried to do everything possible to help solve this dilemma. I am really sorry. I do not appreciate the unsubstantiated slanderous remarks about my hotel staff. Our management and staff strive to make all of our guests feel welcome. We want everyone to have awesome time at the beach and make memories to treasure for forever.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Our family had a visit this week at the Nordic Inn. We found the room very cozy and the view was fantastic. We had the corner suite on the bottom floor. It had sliding doors that opened up to a huge patio. I loved it. There were 2 sturdy chairs out there to sit and read. If it had been a warm, sunny day we would have pulled the table out onto the patio and played games out there. Instead we played the games inside and cooked home made pizza in the fully stocked kitchen. The family also really enjoyed the the pool. It was very clean and warm. The beds were also very comfortable. The only negatives were that the inside chairs were not the most comfortable and I would have liked to have a cookie sheet to use and a bigger coffee pot. There is beach access but it is a little steep to get there if you have mobility issues even with the stairs. All and all we had a great time. And now that we've found the Nordic Inn, we plan to come back often.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Would not have stayed here if not for reading the many positive reviews, and they are all correct. (I have driven by it before while in town and it didn't really draw my attention.) I liked the fact that the rooms were not especially stylish but were super clean, and felt very welcoming. Our view of the beach--which we reached from a set of stairs in back of the hotel--was outstanding. The beach here at Lincoln City is one of the best for walking.
People who work here are very nice. I didn't use the pool, but it too was very clean. The hotel can be a romantic getaway, or a great place for families.

Room Tip: rooms on first floor aren't noisy, despite being adjacent to parking lot--super easy access to b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank KrissyOregon
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just came back from a weekend stay at the Nordic Oceanfront Inn. Our family had stayed in this hotel in the past but it's been several years. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and has an amazing ocean view. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to any concerns or needs.

Location of this hotel is perfect. From wonderful small gift shops to big shopping areas; either walking distance to a very short car ride. Distance from hotel to beach access is very close.

We had a great time in Lincoln City and would recommend this hotel... great stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marita_Sempio
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Nordic in early June and enjoyed our stay. We had not been at the Nordic for a few years. What we found on coming back was that the management had changed. Under the new management everything was better. The room was great, clean, neat and tidy. The pool/hot tub area was clean. The free breakfast was excellent. The front desk personnel were very helpful. The view from the room was beautiful. Next time we are in Lincoln City we will certainly stay at the Nordic.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ron452
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and we got the room with the spa in it. The view took our breath away, and we loved using the jacuzzi tub while listening the the waves of the ocean. The flat screen TVs where nice, and the bed was very comfortable. The beach access was amazing, one of the better beaches. Also the staff was pleasant and professional. We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying on the coast looking for a great view for great price. We look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed: May 2013