“quite suitable!”

Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Portland, Oregon
“quite suitable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2009

We attended a concert at the local casino, and needed a simple, one-night stay at a local motel. Sea Horse was recommended to me by friends, and I was quite pleased. It's a bit older, and yes, the bathroom is small, but it was clean. We had a microwave, coffeemaker, and fridge. Best of all, we had an oceanfront room for $100 (inc. tax), and simply enjoyed the view of the water. I've never stayed in Lincoln City before, and I quite liked the coziness of the lodging and the casual restaurants.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Newton, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

My husband and I had an unforgettable 3-night stay at the Sea Horse. Our accommodations were first rate. Room #302, one of the "Romance Suites" was very spacious, very homey. It had everything we could ever want for an memorable stay on the "coast": a beautiful view onto a private lawn/deck out to the ocean; fabulous hot tub for two which came in handy after days on the golf course; gas-stove in the living room along with a very comfortable couch to watch the ocean and wall-mounted flat-screen tv; fully-equipped kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and toaster; spacious bedroom with an incredibly comfortable king bed and delicious linens, great bathroom and plenty of closet / storage space. The free- wi-fi internet came in handy. We also took advantage of the complimentary continental breakfast; there were even trays provided to help take our choices back to our suite. This trip was special for us, a romantic getaway celebrating a very special milestone. The Sea Horse was everything we hoped it would be, and more. We highly recommend it to anyone, and we will not hesitate to go back again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BobMonC
OLYMPIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2009

We decided to have a mid week mini vacation and traveled to Lincoln City for a nights stay. Instead of making advanced reservations, we decided to take a chance and find lodging when we got there. The Sea Horse was the second place we saw and after looking at a couple other places, we went back to see if the Sea Horse had accommodations. We stayed in a beautiful King room with fireplace and balcony. It was so great that we decided to get dinner to go, come back to our room and watch the ocean while we ate. They had all the amenities that we could ever ask for and the staff was friendly and helpful. We will be staying at the Sea Horse from now on when we visit the coast.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Redding, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

We spent an excellent 7 days at the Seahorse with our two Dachshunds during the last week of September and enjoyed the experience immensely. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, the room simple but very clean, the view splendid, the free Wi-Fi and breakfast excellent. Just two blocks from access to the magnificent 7 mile beach. A fine value and we plan to make a weeks' stay an annual event. The outdoor hot tub with great view is an added bonus. Definitely recommended for anyone with pets...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

We stayed here for our first anniversary trip because we booked a package that included tickets to the Oregon Coast Aquarium and breakfast at the Wildflower Grill (which is amazing!).
Our biggest disappointment was probably the room. It was a lot older then made to look online and the bathroom was tiny. But we had a great view although the weather didn't cooperate and it was foggy our trip. The outdoor hot-tub is very cool but while we were there a motor was making a lot of noise so if you had the jets turned on you could not hear the ocean. The breakfast was good but housekeeping did not clean up our breakfast things the first night we were there. I'm not sure why...
Overall, we thought the service and location was great here but we felt it was a bit too overpriced for the quality. But they are right on the ocean so of course it's going to be high-priced!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Wilder, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2009

We were looking for a modestly priced hotel with a continental breakfast, fridge and preferably beach access. We got it all (although keep in mind the beach access is through a long staircase). I called to reserve a particular room and the woman I spoke with gave me such good information I changed it to meet our needs better. The hotel has some age to it but was very clean. I was concerned about possible noise from animals and although I saw several dogs I never heard any (and we slept with our windows open). We were in walking distance to many businesses as well. I would definately stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

Let me start by admitting, I'm REALLY picky when it comes to Lodging!! But I can say, I was THRILLED with our room. This is the first time I had traveled with my pets (2 cocker spaniels) and wasn't sure what to expect from a pet room, but I looked at their website and reserved room 211. I loved our room! It was done in a lovely purple, there were two COMFORTABLE queen bed, a tv for the beds, a desk, a fireplace, a couch, a tv for the sitting area of the room, a mini fridge, a microwave, and a GORGEOUS view of the ocean. We were only a few doors down from a pool (which was VERY clean, and goes up to 7' deep!) and an outdoor hot tub which overlooks the ocean! Wow. When I checked in, I was given a little "gift bag" for my each of my dogs as well as two little dog comforters for them to use. The hotel staff is very friendly, and accommodating. The first day we arrived, it was a really warm, and the front desk lent us a fan to use during our stay. I didn't see any pet hair on anything (and trust me, I looked!), so you can tell they take pride in keeping their rooms VERY clean. I would give the Sea Hose Oceanfront Lodging 5 stars. I can also say, I will be staying here from now on when I'm in Lincoln City. It's a very convenient location: we were only five blocks from the main beach access, and the casino is only a few minutes drive up the road. There is a staircase which leads down to the beach directly from the hotel, however it's quite a climb! But, being elevated up from the beach gives you the perfect view!

• Stayed September 2009