“Nice View”

Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed 2 nights. The beds were great, the view was fantastic.. your above the ocean about a 100'. I did find a crack pipe left in drawers below the TV which I turned into the front desk. The staff was friendly and helpful. I will go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We purchased a Groupon for a two night stay and went for our anniversary. The motel is a bit outdated in structure but they have updated it with furnishings and it was nice and clean. The Groupon included a voucher for breakfast at a local restaurant. The motel offers a nice continental breakfast. We were bummed you couldn't take it back to your room, but understand the reasoning behind their philosophy. The pool and hot tub were nice. The service was very friendly. We were pleased to have a microwave and small frig in the room to use.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We purchased the Groupon and had a two night stay here on a Thursday & Friday. Check in went smoothly, which does not always happen with a Groupon. I found that the rate at check in was at a low winter rate, so the Groupon really didn't save us much. The place was a little run down, as an older hotel will be, but clear efforts have been made to keep it clean and well maintained. Our spacious room was in the south oceanfront building. I was surprised and loved that the windows opened up wide, so you could sit in the room and feel like you were outside, with the roaring surf and the sunshine. Room had nice mini-fridge and microwave. Public access stairway takes you directly to the miles of open beach, great for walking. We had a beautiful sunset while in the hot tub and tried out the pool the next morning -- very nice. The breakfast was the ordinary yogurt/fruit/cereal thing, but they gave us a $20 certificate to Wildflower Grill, which was excellent. The hotel is within easy walking distance to several restaurants and shops. My one complaint is that walls are pretty thin so when our neighbors came back about 11:30 at night, we had to wait for their party-mode to calm down until we could get to sleep. Since I strongly prefer non-chain hotels, we would definitely stay here again, especially on a week night when things are quieter.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I really enjoy staying here with my husband. Great breakfast room. Friendly Staff and great location for easy access to beach and town... Have stayed here several times, while not an updated hotel, still great for the price (2 Queen $65 including taxes/night)...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We purchased the groupon for the one bedroom suite with fireplace and we were so disappointed when we walked in. The room is disgusting..very dirty and much smaller than shown in the pictures. The couch is stained with several holes in it, the mattress had several large stains, the carpet is also very stained and dirty! This place is not worth the cost and I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank tshanks81
Reviewed February 19, 2014

First time staying here as we were booked to stay @ the Sea Gypsy. So glad our booking agent Christy for the Sea Gypsy was a FLAKE & did NOT show up. Being a long weekend, all rooms on Friday along the Beach in Lincoln City were BOOKED!
Molly @ the Sea Horse was wonderful & was able to get us a room!!
Stayed on the lower floor in 114, the room was very clean with new fixtures. The windows span the entire Ocean front so you have a great view of the beach. Note the windows keep the sound out but if you want to hear the crashing surf, you do have 2 windows that do open.

Beach access here is elevated so prepared for many stairs!!
A short drive North or South does offer a lower approach to the beach.
Once again I can't stress enough how knowledgeable & helpful Molly @ the front desk was.

Will be back, would like to stay in one of the rooms with a balcony.

Room Tip: We had great views of the Ocean from our room but would rather have a room with a balcony. The plac...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My visit actually started on their website. The website allows you to look at every room with a panoramic view and the cost of each room. I chose room #304 the romantic suite. This room is located in a separate stand alone building that includes four units.

The front desk staff was professional during the reservation and check in process. Check in is 4 pm which was later than I liked but plenty to do in Lincoln City to entertain myself.

Upon entering the unit I was immediately happy that the smell of cleaning products was not evident. This is a no pet unit so no smells at all! Rarely do I find a rental unit of any kind this spotless and clean. The carpeting appeared new and spotless. The bed was something one I would love to have in my home. The unit had everything one needs for a pleasurable stay.

An extra touch was a full size coffee maker and packets of great coffee. Utensils and dinnerware all appeared new with no wear and tear. Flat screen wall mounted TV's in the living room and bedroom.

The room included a nice portfolio with valuable information. Wi-Fi was strong and I encountered no internet problems.

The balcony was great and being so close to the ocean made for great reading time.

Once I returned home I realized that I had forgotten my IPAD charger. The front desk staff was friendly and agreed to mail it back to me. I received it in two days!

If I could change one thing.....The continental breakfast room has a sign that says food must be consumed in that particular area and not taken back to your room. I wish a note about that had been included in the binder in the room. Once we had items on our plate we saw the sign. After chatting with the attendant we explained we had not been aware and regretfully had already handled our bagels. She assured us it was OK to take them. The rule came about because of the waste they were finding in the rooms. My tip would be to bring your food items with you as there is nothing like coffee, food and sitting on the room balcony to enjoy.

Room Tip: I would suggest a 2nd floor room. The views are so much nicer from the upper levels.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple