All reviews siletz bay great view bagels room was clean within walking distance rooms face continental breakfast oregon coast will stay there again easy access seals balcony taft beach ocean motel sand
Selected filters
Reviewed March 27, 2019

The price for spring break was excellent at only $89 a night, overlooking Siletz Bay. The room was a decent room. However, the bed was not great. As we walked in, we saw a bed with a slight sway back. The bedding was also underwhelming with just a VERY light-weight blanket and bed cover. The breakfast was fine, but extremely simple. We would suggest they get another waffle maker as there were too long of waits for the one iron. Honestly if they would invest in better mattresses and bedding, like nice bedspreads/comforters, they could charge $10-20 more per night and still have good bookings...in our opinion.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SiletzBayLodge, Hotel Manager at Siletz Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the comment. I am very delighted to hear that you like our decent room and great breakfast. We’re always working to make the hotel better and better and will take your feedback into consideration as we make changes. I hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back whenever your travels bring you to Lincoln City.

Sincere;y
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 17, 2019

We have been trying quite a few places on the coast in different areas to see what we like about various locations. This place is in a great location, close to lots of things, and in the middle between Lincoln City and Depoe Bay. We loved the view of Siletz Bay from our 3rd story room. The access to the beach is pretty easy for even a handicapped person to walk, but not a walker or wheelchair, and it's a nice beach to wander along.

We thought the hosts were very pleasant and kind. Check-in was easy. I have read reviews about the datedness of the place but I didn't find it to be so. The carpeting was not worn and looked relatively up to date on the 3rd floor. There was a pleasant feeling about the place; the room was clean and nicely appointed, with ceramic tile and nice counter tops. The kids upstairs were pretty noisy in the morning, but that's kids.

I was expecting worse but was pleasantly surprised. We didn't take advantage of the spa but it looked well-kept. We also didn't take advantage of the Continental Breakfast -- it was pretty much all carbs but for someone wanting a quick bite before getting on the way, it would be OK. So my recommendation is positive.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
SiletzBayLodge, Hotel Manager at Siletz Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Siletz Bay Lodge Lincoln City during your recent visit to our area.
We appreciate your review and the observations mentioned therein.
We are addressing your concerns related to the maid staff.
You shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.
We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2019

Located in the old community of Taft, Siletz Bay Lodge is the perfect jump off point for anyone wanting to visit the Oregon Coast, located on the Southern most end of Lincoln City on Siletz Bay and all the area has to offer. For myself and wife it was an outstanding place to drop anchor and walk all of the local shops, sample foods from various restaurants and haunts. We started our days with a light snack from the Lodge, had lunch at various Pubs and Eateries, ending most of our days over at Mo's for Clam Chowder and a Shrimp Salad washed down with one of the local Beers or Wines. Easy access to the Oregon Coast sandy beach just down the street or for viewing wildlife just a little further South in the Wetlands or along the beach grasses. As a added extra, it is close to the filming sites of my all time favorite films, "Sometimes a Great Notion" ... which by the way, the Movie Prop house is for rent as a Summer vacation rental which my Family loved, especially since we watched the movie and ate Popcorn as I pointed out my "2 seconds of fame" where I "starred" as a kid running on the beach during the picnic scene with Paul Newman, Henry Fonda and other great Actors and Actresses present.
That said, the Siletz Bay Lodge is an EXCELLENT place to stay, kick back or roam the area.

Date of stay: August 2018
SiletzBayLodge, Hotel Manager at Siletz Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2019

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Greetings from the Siletz Bay Lodge
Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely review about our hotel and service.
We are all excited to learn about how wonderful your entire experience was at our hotel.
It shall be our pride to share your comments with our team.
We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another memorable stay.

Reviewed January 17, 2019

My husband and I stayed there a couple of years ago and enjoyed it, so we decided to book there again for a long weekend. It seems they have changed management and so did the charm. Our room had no air and so it got really stuffy and hot even though it was December. We tried to open the window, but the handle wouldn't work. We called down to the front desk and was told because of the rain getting the carpet wet, they no longer open. That's a bummer because I love to hear the ocean waves and seagull when I'm at the beach and we usually sleep with the window cracked. We had to just leave the door open to the hallway in order to get some air flow. The bathroom had a nice soaker tub, however, there was mold all around the faucet. You can also see where mold and water damage was on the ceiling and it was just painted over. I did like that they had cable TV, however, the channel guide on the remote didn't work and there was no TV Guide in the room. They do have a nice sofa that we took advantage of because the bed was a little hard. I brought my own pillow so that helped. We also did take advantage of the pastries and waffles they offered in the morning. It wasn't anything to get full on, but did enough to start your day off with. The "juice" was very watered down. One night we had some kids playing in the hallways and slapping doors. The office closes at 9pm so there wasn't anyone to call to have someone come up and take care of the noise. I'm really glad I had discounts on the room because I would have been upset if I paid full price. I did like that it had mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SiletzBayLodge, Hotel Manager. at Siletz Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Siletz Bay Lodge Lincoln City.
We are very much concerned with your feedback.
Our apologies for the bad experience.
Our endeavor is to offer a nice stay to all our guests but failed this time.
Actions shall be taken to improve everything on priority and you can have a good stay next time.
Hope you will reconsider.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We enjoy visiting the LC area every 6 weeks or so. We discovered the Siletz Bay Lodge about 4 years ago when the D Sands raised their rates to the point where we began to look elsewhere. The “lodge” has a great view, provides easy access to the bay, the prices were reasonable, and the manager is great. Because of these things, we were able to overlook the many down sides to the place…ice machines often not working, the hot tub/spa rarely available, lobby closing way too early in the evening, damaged/stained furnishings and carpets, painfully slow wi-fi, inadequate parking spaces, etc. The place is old, and the owners never seemed to do much of anything to maintain the place, much less upgrade anything. Again, we were able to look past most of these things because of the few positive aspects of the place. Fast forward to the present….Within the past 2 years, the owners have decided to drastically increase the prices of all the rooms, but forego performing any serious maintenance or upgrades. I don’t know what they are thinking, but this not the way to hang onto your past customers, and definitely not the way to attract new ones.

Room tip: Find a different establishment.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank SirGalihad_144
SiletzBayLodge, Hotel Manager. at Siletz Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thanks for your stay at the Siletz Bay and the comments.
I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable.
We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down.
You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time.
Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.