“Awesome!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Awesome!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My family of six had a wonderful experience at Pelican Shores (Jun 13-15) and we will come back after the remodeled period. Our two-bedroom oceanfront suite on the third floor had an awesome view, bedrooms, and bathroom. Only suggestion is a hot breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Grandview, Washington
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights great value! Front desk people were awesome. View is great! Quiet not a lot of guests,the beach was practically to ourselves! Although the breakfast is not a heavy hot breakfast still adequate for the day. Maid service good but for some reason she would forget to leave us glasses I would have go ask. We def would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
Bay Area, USA
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our one-bedroom oceanfront suite was clean and comfortable with great beds, a nicely designed bathroom and a cute little kitchenette, and talk about a view -- heck, you're not just on the ocean, you're practically IN the ocean. Down the steps and onto the sand. All for a hundred bucks a night midweek. The staff couldn't be more friendly, and the whole vibe is really cozy. And the wi-fi is excellent.

But I always review the shower, and this one was like something you'd see in rural China... a sorry little spurt that dramatically changed temperatures in seconds, to ice-cold and back. The apologetic staff assured me that it'll be addressed when the place closes for several months of remodeling starting this fall.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
isle of wight
Reviewed June 15, 2014

location right on beach good accommodation separate bedroom ,lounge/ kitchen .the room was clean, coffee reception 24/7. They are closing for refurbish. this year, to add balconies. and internal changes, , that will make the hotel even better .... would return if in area

Room Tip: top floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
The Dalles, Oregon
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The view can't be the only thing to bump it up to a better score. This hotel was average overall.

Pros: Michaela at the front desk at check-in was very nice. The view and the 49 steps down to the beach were great. Fast internet. The room was clean, towels were very soft.

Cons: I showed up at 3:30 for my 3pm check-in and was advised my room wasn't ready. Michaela offered for me to hang out in the lobby, I decided to drive around instead.

Once I got to the room I noticed the older hotel architecture. The downstairs patio king studio had a tiny vanity right next to entrance and tiny bathroom. The rest of the room was the size of a standard basic room at say a Hampton Inn.

There is no A/C so the afternoon heat from the glass doors was very uncomfortable, even with blackout curtains closed. In front of the sliding doors were two chairs and a table that I had to move around just to get the view I paid for.

The bed was soft which I like, but I couldn't get much sleep due to the thin walls and neighbors coming in and out at 1am, 4am, 5am, etc...

The shampoo/conditioner/bath soap pumps were a good feature, but were placed on the side wall meaning anyone who turns in the shower bumps into them. Heaven forbid turning around in a shower.

The check-out desk person, didn't get his name, asked how it was and I told him. He advised me that they are remodeling soon and the thin walls should be taken care of. He also gave me a coupon for the same room for $20 less next time around. So that was nice until I saw that the coupon was for February to March of 2015 only. My guess is that $89 a night in February is their normal rate.

Room Tip: Beware the lack of A/C in the entire hotel, try not to get room 105 as it's right next to the ex...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark L
westoverinns, Owner at Pelican Shores Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments. We are very sorry that some aspects of our property weren't to your satisfaction. We are remodeling in the fall so each room will have additional soundproofing and a new look. The coupon you received may be used for a top floor One Bedroom Fireplace Suite. We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Spent 9 days here. It is very clean. We had upstairs room. Loved being able to have beach access, We loved early morning walks on the beach. It had a nice breakfast for us, yogurt and fruit. The coffee was amazing, This was our 2nd time staying there and already have plans for another visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The room we stayed in was a one bedroom oceanfront, end of the hall.
Before I point out only 3 flaws, I just want to say I'd recommend this hotel to anyone! It's very clean, nice smelling, super comfy beds, and friendly smiling concierge make this place a great stop!
But I only found these (very minor) flaws:
1) The door to the room didnt close all the way. Thank god I double checked! I really had to pull to get it to close thoroughly. Double check the integrity of the door and notify the concierge.
2) We had the one bedroom suite, we basically had 2 doors out into the hall. Now, because I shacked my kids up in the double twin bedded room, i would have slept better knowing there was a chain on the secondary door. I slept in the main bed right by the main door, but a 5 year old can be mischievous. All a kid had to do was turn the handle and sneak out. A little concern from a concerned father.
3) (and this one is actually funny) Next to their pristine in-room coffee pots with honest to god real mugs, not styrofoam!, were little sealed packets of creamer, stir stick and one (yes, literally) ONE sugar packet. For as large as the mug was, one sugar packet wouldnt have put a dent in the overall flavor! I actually laughed hard at that one! There was another coffee pot in the adjoining room (remember: one bedroom suite), so that was both nice & convenient. Still funny though!

Again, I want to say these are all fixable problems upon notification of management. And I would like to say thank you to Pelican Shores for their fantastic hospitality and very nice room. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed May 2014