“Great views - Comfortable Room”
Review of Pelican Shores Inn

and 1 more site!
Pelican Shores Inn
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco
“Great views - Comfortable Room”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a one night stay at the Pelican Shores Inn. The very nice and efficient woman at the desk, checked us in and, when we got to the room it wasn't made up (though apparently no one was in the room the previous night). After this inconvenience, we fortunately were able to get another room (an upgrade, at the same price).
The room was very clean, comfortable and spacious. With a fabulous view of the ocean and the beach, we couldn't wait to get out to walk along the beach even though it was pretty late. We had a great sleep and then a very basic breakfast, which suited us just fine since we were anxious to get to our next stop. One suggestion: they should open the breakfast a little earlier for people like us who need to leave for the next stop. Another is to move the trash containers away from the building - one was practically blocking our room and had a nasty smell.

1 Thank Richlo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Hermiston, Oregon
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was our third time at Pelican Shores. We just love this place. The new thing that I noticed was the products in shower are in the pumps. My husband did not like it to much, but I did!!!
The beds and blankets are very comfortable.The room is clean and the kitchen area has everything you need for a short stay. We love the quiet location. The swimming pool is nice. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. We brought our own breakfast so I really do not know much about the breakfast that they have. I know other times I stayed it had things like juice, muffins and yougurt.
I do not have a bad thing to say about this place.In the past they have sent emails about good deals that they have going on, I like that. We will stay again I am sure. Thanks!!!!!

Room Tip: If you can, choose a bottom room because you get a little patio area with chairs.
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a great experience overall at this hotel. The staff were professional and friendly, the rooms were really nice and clean and you can't beat the view. Here are some of the details:

Beds - comfy, nice pillows and average noise levels (walls a tad thin)
Rooms - spacious, we had a two room suite which was great
TV - had DVD players, decent sized TV's but with the view you don't end up watching them
Continental Breakfast - about the only bad thing, all prepackaged individually wrapped muffins, bagels, sara lee danish's and some cereal.
Coffee - very good, from the shop up the street

I wish the hotel would up their breakfast, at least with fresher products, to me this was the only disappointment. We skipped it most days except for the coffee. To me it didn't add any value to the hotel.

Oh and the last day we saw 5 or 6 whales swim by, awesome way to end the trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at the Pelican Shores this weekend and when I first walked in to a King Studio I thought this is really small and the bathroom sink is outside the door of the toilet/shower, which I usually don't care for. However, once we stayed in the room we discovered how much we like this place. We had a little patio with two chairs to sit and read and gaze at the ocean. The room is clean, clean, clean! Everything smells good, especially their towels. The bed was so comfortable! Back to the bathroom, everything looked new and clean. The shower was awesome and the products are pumps in the shower. Everything smelled really good!
The only downside is we stayed in room 105 which is right by the beach access and the spicket to wash feet. So we had some noise and people right outside our sliding door which of course was open because the view and the sound of the ocean are amazing! I would definitely stay here again.

Washougal, Washington
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a very clean quiet and overall nice place to stay! I will stay there again...The view is amazing, I needed no stairs for my aunt, and the view was great! Next time I will stay on the ground floor for better access to the beach. But this time we used the stairs in back for my cousin and I while my aunts stayed in the comfortable room watching the ocean!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Loved the location - right on the beach (just 49 steps down), right in the middle of Lincoln City and walking distance to 101. Pics are exactly what you get - cute, comfy and quaint. Staff was helpful, DVD players in room are a nice touch, but their rentals were too pricey. Drive a couple of miles down the road to the Red Box.

Totally loved my stay and would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We were right by the stairs out to the beach, but there was no noise. I think they're probably a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Smaller property on quiet side street. Nice grassy area in front. Try to get one of the ground floor units with a sliding door to the outside. Squeaky clean rooms. Good access to the beach that is well lit at night. Plan on returning in the future.