Pelican Shores Inn
$145
Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$74
$149
The Coho Oceanfront Lodge(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$101
Sandcastle Beachfront Motel(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$83
Ashley Inn and Suites(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$79
$72
Groupon.com
Shearwater Inn(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$109
Looking Glass Inn(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$109
Ester Lee Motel(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$87
Hotels.com
Whistling Winds Motel(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$70
1,209 results
All reviewscontinental breakfastfireplace suitebagelsbeach accessoregon coastgreat viewseparate bedroombeach toysocean viewthe lower levelsmall kitchenettebottom floorheated poolliving areaa great place to stayclean roomsspring break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2013

#1: stairs to beach--no problem! Ocean front, wonderful beach.
#2: Breakfast: while no "hot" breakfast, there was a great selection. Instant oatmeal, toaster for bagels, danish, Fresh fruit, Muffins-*Otis Spunk-yumm**, OJ, yogurt, and more...so maybe not waffles of the chain hotels, but certainly enough--and we are big eatters!!! Our room had a stove, so we could have bought eggs and cooked if we needed too(safeway very close). Also cookies, coffee, and I think fruit available all day--very nice!
#3: staff were excellent!! Saturday pm check-in (wish I remembered her name-maybe rebecca?-amazing amazing-would like to give her credit--everyone else was very nice also.
#4: very clean--everywhere!!
#5: Overall this is an older property. It isnt perfect-noise can be heard (can hear the shower turn on, and it is loud- but leave music on(we brought a laptop luckily) and it drowns all the noises out), but I would certainly recommend it and will stay again.
The price is excellent, and I found nothing that would hinder my stay. The 3rd floor is where to stay for whale watching, 1st floor for patio access to sit right outside your room.

Room Tip: 1st floor patio if you want to sit outside your room; 3rd floor (no balconies) to whale watch. The gas fireplace got way too hot, so didnt use.
1  Thank oceankiteflyer
Reviewed May 4, 2013

First time with my college kids--nice room with patio. Wonderful view of beach! Front desk service was very friendly and informative. They suggested a great place to eat dinner down the street. Breakfast was nice...so relaxing to sit outside and drink my coffee and eat my toasted bagel while my husband read the complimentary newspaper! Kids went down the steps to the beach and had a great time. Had a nice walk along the beach-nice sunny day; lots of activity down at the beach. Nearby: Great shopping at Tanger Outlets and nice gambling casino at Chinook Winds. Though you can hear some noise upstairs, was not a problem and still a fun, relaxing place to stay!

Room Tip: Two bathrooms for a family with grown kids is a plus!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

You pay for the view and the proximity to the beach here, but the hotel rooms are out-of-date, with no consideration as to sound insulation between rooms. It also seems as if there is little concern by the hotel management as to enforcing a noise curfew. We may just have been incredibly unlucky. The beds our family slept on were old and uncomfortable, and the pillows were few, tiny, and because most were feather-filled, had no support. We had two nights of poor sleep due to the people above us staying up late w/TV on, talking in full voice and constantly walking around (and I use earplugs when we travel). It sounded like a stable of horses were above us watching TV. During the second night of this, I went upstairs at 1:05 a.m. and asked them to please quiet down and go to sleep. When the door was opened, it was teenagers who spoke to me: two teen boys and a teen girl. I don't know if these teens were actually over 18, but at least one of them looked to be about 16. They were not impolite, and assured me that they would be going to sleep soon. Alas, it was just as noisy as it had been until 2:30 a.m.! We had an early morning swim meet both days, so we were operating on very little sleep by the second morning. Aside from this incident, the way the entrance corridors to middle level rooms are designed, the noise from the neighboring guests as they are coming and going is greatly magnified. Bathroom switches follow older code and are placed on the outside of the room, and outlets are few and far between. Continental breakfast wasn't until 8:00 a.m., so we were never able to sample and cannot comment. We had planned to stay another night, but checked out a day early. My husband had never been so happy to leave a hotel behind.

Room Tip: Upper rooms would probably the best bet for sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SandJa-okay
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our first time staying at pelican Shores. My wife and I had a great time staying here but there is the good and the bad. First thing I want to say is that the staff is the most friendliest I have ever met. They talked to us and told us the good and the bad about some places to eat. We had a room that was on the bottom floor with a patio. They provide chairs on the patio and we enjoyed sitting outside a lot having a few drinks and watching the waves and the people walking their dogs on the beach. The bad part of being on the bottom floor is that you hear the people above you walking around their room. We had the bad luck of having people above us that never seemed to stop moving around. They stayed up late and got up early, which was not good for us. We prefer a top floor but Pelican Shores does not have balconies on the upper floors. Despite the loud people above us, we had a great time.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Pelican Shores is a great little place to stay in Lincoln City. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and if you get one of the rooms with a patio, you can go down a stairway directly onto the beach. the beach itself is spotlessly clean and quiet. Walk your dog, look for agates, watch a guy mining for gold (and he's found some). The beds are comfortable, with lots of pillows. About that stairway: I'm 70 years old, with bad knees and arthritis. The stairs are very easy to use, so if you're not in the best of shape, don't worry.

Now: If you're looking for a la-di-dah breakfast, forget it. They have great coffee, but the muffins etc. are just the ones you'd pick up in a gas station food mart. This way, the price is kept down, from $89 to $100 per night. Chinook Winds casino is right next door, and Newport is only 9 miles away. We'll definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Patio rooms at beach level require going down a steep flight of stairs. Beach stairs are easy, these are ...uh...not. Also, next time we're going to get a room on an upper level so we can keep the window open all night. My husband was not comfortable with leaving the patio door open while we slept. I like to listen to the ocean.