“Nice place to stay overlooking the beach.”
Review of Pelican Shores Inn

and 1 more site!
Pelican Shores Inn
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Salem, Oregon
“Nice place to stay overlooking the beach.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our first time staying at pelican Shores. My wife and I had a great time staying here but there is the good and the bad. First thing I want to say is that the staff is the most friendliest I have ever met. They talked to us and told us the good and the bad about some places to eat. We had a room that was on the bottom floor with a patio. They provide chairs on the patio and we enjoyed sitting outside a lot having a few drinks and watching the waves and the people walking their dogs on the beach. The bad part of being on the bottom floor is that you hear the people above you walking around their room. We had the bad luck of having people above us that never seemed to stop moving around. They stayed up late and got up early, which was not good for us. We prefer a top floor but Pelican Shores does not have balconies on the upper floors. Despite the loud people above us, we had a great time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Pelican Shores is a great little place to stay in Lincoln City. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and if you get one of the rooms with a patio, you can go down a stairway directly onto the beach. the beach itself is spotlessly clean and quiet. Walk your dog, look for agates, watch a guy mining for gold (and he's found some). The beds are comfortable, with lots of pillows. About that stairway: I'm 70 years old, with bad knees and arthritis. The stairs are very easy to use, so if you're not in the best of shape, don't worry.

Now: If you're looking for a la-di-dah breakfast, forget it. They have great coffee, but the muffins etc. are just the ones you'd pick up in a gas station food mart. This way, the price is kept down, from $89 to $100 per night. Chinook Winds casino is right next door, and Newport is only 9 miles away. We'll definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Patio rooms at beach level require going down a steep flight of stairs. Beach stairs are easy, thes...
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed April 25, 2013

For the past few years, my friend and I have stayed at Pelican shores. We have thoroughly enjoyed it. Every employee that that we encountered was pleasant, courteous, friendly, and helpful. These past few days, you lived up to your five star service. We have recommended Pelican Shores to our coworkers. My friend and I are planning on staying there next year too. Keep up the great service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Washington State
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at Pelican Shores at the end of September 2012 when there was unusually nice weather from Seattle right down the coast, so we really lucked out in that department and thus we were able to to spend more time on the beautiful beach than we had expected. This motel is older, but clean and well kept. It's right on the beach with wide open views that can't be beat. The only negative is the high bank (long series of steps) access to the beach. If you have mobility issues, this might not be the place for you. Contrary to many other reviews, I didn't find the desk employee that we delt with to be all that friendly. Yes, he was pleasant, but I just got the feeling that he really didn't enjoy his job all that much. Overall, I would highly recommend this place. We will be going back to Lincoln City this coming fall and already have our reservations at Pelican Shores.

Room Tip: We were on the lower level, right across the hall from the guest laundry room and next to the door t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Troutdale, Oregon
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was our first time at Pelican Shores and we were very impressed. The staff is beyond accommodating! Each time we called for extra towels, pillows, beach blankets or even questions the response was immediate and friendly. Our rooms were fresh and clean, the property is clean and tidy as well. We enjoyed the pool and found it clean and fresh as well. Plenty of water toys for all ages of kids and adults. The breakfast that is provided each morning is plentiful with lots of choices. Loved how close to the beach we were! We would definitley stay here again.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked our room by looking at the reviews online. I was happy when we arrived. Our room was clean and the view was great! It was an older hotel but not run down. The continental breakfast consisted of bagels, cereal, orange juice, pastries, coffee, cream cheese, peanut butter and yogurt. It was perfect for us. I was very happy with the water pressure & shower head. I have a hard time getting all the shampoo out of my hair when I stay at hotels but this one was great! The only frustrating this was that our smoke alarm went of while showering...it seemed like the steam was triggering it. We didn't go in the pool, although it looked like a fairly good size. It was covered and I am assuming heated.

Overall great stay!

RoseBriar22
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Let me start by saying the hotel is a little older but has been updated. The room was VERY clean and the staff very helpful and nice.
Some of the issues we had were out of staff's control, like the cable screwing up but the remote for the television was wonky too I think because it went real loud w/o being touched. We were offered a movie because of the cable issue.
Also the fireplace is a little wonky. It is on a thermostat but it kept going off and on. The gal came up and said it was an on/off switch not really a gauge so it should be turned all the way on.
We stayed on one end and our room was at the end of a hall and was diagonally connected at the doorway to the room next to us. Any time someone was in the hall or trying to get into their room it sounded as if they were in our room with us. Also we were by the stairs so when customers checked in at 9:30pm they talked and drug their suitcase up the stairs we could hear them through our bedroom window. On the PLUS side, we didn't hear people in their room talking or their TV. The shower's coming on are noisy though.
The view was nice but be careful not to get an end bottom room cause their is a cement wall.
ANOTHER issue was they did not open the office or for breakfast until 8am. Not a deal if you are prepared but if you need to eat before 8am it is a bummer.
If you NEED coffee like I do make sure you bring your supplies. They give you coffee but the room comes with the off brand powdered 'coffee creamer' that is nasty. What I did was go to the office when they DID open and get what I needed for the following morning. So like I said, not a deal if you know ahead of time.
They do offer a covered pool but it was full of screamy kids, which is fine but I left my kids at home so I avoided this . :o)
Breakfast was pastry/cold cereal/instant oatmeal/yogurt. This was good for me but don't look for any hot foods like some offer. Like I said my only complaint was the time and I fixed that.
Shower was good, bed was comfortable.
So...all in all it was a nice little place. I think it is a great place for some but I might look for a different kind of place with less traffic outside my bedroom window next time.
I would recommend this place to stay as long as you are aware of the 'issues/happenings'.

Room Tip: Don't choose rooms on the bottom ends if you want a big view. I would stay away from the stairs...