“Awesome View”

Pelican Shores Inn
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Incredible price on their website which they didn't initally want to accept when I checked in, however they did in the end. Absolutely nothing negative to say. It was incredible for the price I received! Gorgeous view, comfortable room. average continental breakfast, great location, middle of the city. Would stay again, particularly if I got that incredible rate again. I suggest people check periodically to see if they can capture a wonderful rate at an inviting hotel only 29 steps to the sand!

Very happy :-)

Room Tip: Ground level is close to the sand!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Patticcs
There are newer reviews for Pelican Shores Inn

Reviewed June 5, 2011

The day I arrived, it was a cold, rainy day. I tried to start the fireplace but the pilot light had gone out. When I went down to the front desk and mentioned it, they came up to my room right away and had my fireplace going in less than five minutes. Also, the next day they called my room and let me know that there would be workers on the roof that day and not to be alarmed when I heard someone walking above my head (I was on on the top floor).

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Bendtraveler24
Reviewed June 4, 2011

We were there only one night, but the room was comfortable and clean, and our view was beautiful of the beach. There is a nice stairway leading down to a beautiful stretch of beach, and we couldn't have picked a better evening to walk it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We were very pleased with our room, which was upstairs on an end. The view was phenominal! We all agreed the beds were firm but comfortable, the down pillows a little too soft, but all in all okay. The beach access was great, down a few stpes and you are there, and a nice stretch of beach it was. Continental breakfast was good, nice options. The only thing keeping me from giving it a 5 star rating is there is no elevator, and the stairs are exposed. Thanks, I will recommend, and may be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LindaB23
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed 2 nights here in August. We had bad luck with the weather until our last day but that is no fault of the hotel. This hotel is in a great location right on the beach. The room, which is essentially a suite, is nothing fancy. The decor is a bit dated but it was clean and a good size. The bedroom was small, dark and faced the entry hallway area but you spent most of your time there in the living room, which had a large picture window and in front, the ocean. Really llovely view. The beach is wide and deep and there was plenty of room for everyone. At night people made fires and hung out. We mainly chilled in our room and went for walks on the beach. It was really lovely to sit back and watch the ocean from our room. We cooked in the kitchenette - small but really you have everything you need for a dinner. Lincoln City itself we did not really explore, but there are smaller and more quaint towns on the shore. It was high season and the town was full of tourists but we had no feeling of hectic tourism at Pelican Shores. For us, Pelican Shores was a couple of days of a break in between a conference in Portland and the rest of our road trip all the way down to San Diego and it served this purpose exceedingly well. We felt the rate was reasonable, especially given oceanfront location. Also everyone we interacted with was very nice and polite. Highly recommended and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and view was amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank APS7
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I was surprised to see the place is very nice to stay and relax.. Last time we were at Lincoln City, we spent 1 night at Surftide Inn. Pelican Shores Inn is definitely proved to be more friendly, matching and/or exceeding all amenities provided by any other quality lodgings.in Lincoln City. Thank you for making for our stay a wonderful one.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at the Pelican Shores in the last 2 years, and it just keeps getting better. It's right on the beach, with direct access using stairs specifically for hotel guests. It is an older property, but beautifully maintained. I believe the bath was upgraded even since my last stay. I've stayed in a suite each time, which has a queen bed in the main room with the view of the ocean, and a kitchenette, as well as a separate bedroom with a queen bed. Good beds, and nice bedding. Flat-screen TVs in both rooms. Very comfortable when traveling with friends.
I think it is a great value.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends