“The Friendliest Place in town”

Ashley Inn and Suites
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lafayette, Louisiana
“The Friendliest Place in town”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

What you can you say My wife and I come quit often to the coast, we usually stay at another place, but this time without notification they changed the pet policy without informing us, that is great when you arrive late and at the last minute you find out that you have to fine another place to stay( would not recommend Surftide will never stay there again)
Now for the great part the ASHLEY INN not only did they help us out but they are so friendly and so accomadating that we have decided that this will be our new home away from home.
The Staff is so helpful and go the extra mile to make sure your stay is wonderful, I travel around the world for business and I have stayed at some of the top hotels, well i can assure you that this one ranks with them and in some cases even better then those 5 star ones.
Bottom line great for for couples and also for family, the rates are the best and everything is close.
I f i could just say one thing to the owners make sure that your staff is happy because you have a gold mine in this place and people buy people not a name.
Keep up the grat work and we will see you soon again.

Best Regards and so grateful for your hosiptality.
Eric and Donna

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Eric and Donna-
Thank you for taking time to write us a review! I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you at such a late hour. Not only are we pet friendly, we don't have a size limit and guests can bring more than one pet. Thank you for your kind word about our staff. I will let them know that they are doing a great job. I am glad that you have decided that we will be your home away from home! We look forward to your next visit!

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 23, 2010

My family (myself, husband, grandma, 9 yr old and 19 yr old) stayed at this hotel for two days. I cannot say enough good things. The staff was unbelievable and put "customer service" first. The morning free breakfast was great! Our room was wide and very well maintained. The pool, spa, laundry room, etc was everything you'd expect at a 5 star hotel. Everything was clean and very nice. They had movie rentals on-site, a huge variety of soda and drinks available in the lobby, and well planned rooms. I would stay at this place again any day. Their staff took time to provide us directions to California and time estimates (which was very helpful). Prompt service at all hours. The decorations made you feel "at home". Highly recommend this hotel!! Someione asked me on the elevator "was your room quiet last night? I cannot believe how quiet our room was". They were also very impressed. Don't miss this really nice hotel where the price was right!!

Dear Hillkrest-
Thank you for your great review! I am very pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed your 2 night stay with us! Our staff members all work hard to give each customer they best stay we can give them. I am happy to know that you were able to enjoy our amenities we offer! We have changed our breakfast since the last time you have stayed with us and made it better than it was by adding a few more options and a new serving style. Our place is normally quiet, even on the nights when we have a full house! We hope you stop by and see us again then next time you are in the area!

Beaverton
Reviewed June 20, 2010

My family and I booked a charter boat trip this last weekend and wanted to stay at the coast to avoid driving 4 hours early in the morning. We wanted a hotel to accommodate 4 adults and our two dogs. Over the phone the receptionist at Ashley inn was nice and seemed to know what she was talking about. "Man were we wrong!!!" There were so many things wrong with our stay. We arrived after a long drive and the receptionist did not even greet us with smiles. They booked us in and let us know where our room was located. There are only a few pet friendly rooms at the Ashley in and although I did not see the other rooms, this one was bad. It smelled musty and felt dirty. "Not all dogs and dog owners are people that allow their homes and living quarters to get dirty." We stayed the night in the room since we did not have another option. We were kept up all night by the three huge ice machines that made a sound like a plane taking off each time they recycled and made more ice. I know, I know...... this doesn't sound so bad right? The next morning while we were getting ready for the day we found that the whole bathroom counter was covered in ants. Not just 10 or 20 but 100's of ants. Climbing everywhere.... on the walls, over our toothbrushes. It was disgusting. I picked up the phone to call the front desk and found that the phone was apparently just a prop because it did not have a jack connected to it. Then almost at the same time the TV turns off and will not turn back on. I though that maybe that would happen once the customer is past checkout but it was only 8:30am and checkout is at 11:00. We decided to just leave right then and there so I went to the front counter to checkout and let the receptionist know about the issues in the room. I stood there behind another lady for about 5 minutes until I realized that the lady was a maid and worked for Ashley inn. Her and the receptionist were just chatting it up and did not even make an effort to help me out. Once the other lady walked away I asked her if she was employed there and she laughed and stated that she was. I then commented about the "Great Service" and she smiled and said thank you. Once I told her about the issues, she had the nerve to apologize and roll her eyes like I was inconveniencing her! Horrible experience. It is sad but places like the Ashley inn makes me want to use corporate hotels instead of smaller independent ones. What a shame!

• Stayed June 2010
9 Thank ccamarena
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 18, 2010

The hotel was very reasonably priced, is clean with large rooms, and was very comfortable. Not far from the beach, but also has a nice indoor pool. The employees were very friendly and helpful. It was a good stay for us.

Dear Rdmjr50-
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay! I am happy to here that you had a good stay with us. Thank you for your compliment about our staff, we work hard to give every guest a good experience. We hope you come and see us again the next time your in Lincoln City!

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Went to Lincoln City for romantic getaway. The hotel is not oceanside, but is very close to the casino, plenty of restaurants/stores, and walking distance to beach front. The staff were extremely friendly, cookies and snacks all-day long. The rooms were very clean and a good size. TV was small and beds more on the firm side, but still got a good two night's sleep. The pool and spa are very clean and well-kept. I would absolutely reccomend this hotel to anyone with families or couples.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Bn1988-
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Even though we are not on the beach, we are centrally located, The beach and Casino are about four blocks away. We do also have a few restaurants in walking distance, as well as a local mini-mart store right across the highway form us. Its nice to get compliments about our staff and I will let them know what a great job they are doing. We have updated all of our TVs to flat screens. If your wanting to have another romantic get away give us a call, we have a nice romance package to tell you about! I hope you come and visit us again!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Came into Lincoln City late, most hotels did not even have front doors unlocked and reservation desks manned. The Asshley Inn and Suites was different! We found friendly attendants, great rates and large rooms. The kids loved the pool and we all loved the breakfast! Recommend this place for any family looking for a bargain and warm, friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dear SuthernBoy-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are one of the few places in town that has the front desk staffed 24 hours a day and our front doors are never locked. I am glad to know that the front desk was nice and friendly upon your arrival. Thank you for giving us your recommendation to other potential guests looking for a great place to stay! We hope you come and see us again the next time your visiting the area!

portland, oregon
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Came to the coast with out plans and ended up here. We were so happy with the Ashley Inn- Susan made us feel welcome and was the perfect hostess! The rooms are awesome, with many nice touches. (think wifi, quality soaps, feather pillows) CLEAN and the hotel in general has a lot to offer. The pool was a nice treat for us. AND starbucks right next door. Everything very close. FREE BREAKFAST and only about 140.00

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Bobfromptown-
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our indoor heated salt water pool and spa as well as the other amenities we offer. I hope you come back and see us the next time your in Lincoln City.

Sincerely