“Great Value & Beaut Rooms”

Ashley Inn and Suites
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“Great Value & Beaut Rooms”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The title comes from my trip notes. Can't say much more than that for a review I reckon. A rainy miserable day as the drought finally broke in the North West , yes , you can thank Me !! We found a bunch of Motels begging for business and the Ashley caught our eye with it's bright colours and the price !! We thought the breakfast was great , ordering off the menu , served and plenty of coffee and extra toast etc for the asking. Yes , the 2 women were busy , but remained friendly & chatty and it was a pleasant change! The room was large & clean and at $66 for the night you couldn't go wrong !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Skeney57-
Thank you for your review! We like to hear back from our guests about their stay with us. Our hotel does catch the eyes of our visitors with our multi-colored building. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our breakfast staff does get busy in the morning and I am happy to hear that they were still friendly while being busy! I hope the next time your here visiting, you stop by and stay with us again.

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Longview, Washington
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We've stayed here many times in the last few years, starting with a room we booked using a Groupon deal. It's always a great value. I do miss the buffet style of breakfast, as the new voucher method a) does not always fill you, b) takes a LOT longer than serving yourself and c) tends to be more confusing to guests.
We've only encountered one issue with the hotel, and it was immediately resolved by management and we were pleasantly surprised with a gift card to welcome us back.
I do wish the pool/spa were open a little later, at least to adults, as we tend to travel/shop late and would love to come back and relax, but everything else with the Ashley is done with care. We will continue to stay here when we're in Lincoln City.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Alyssanm-
Thank you for your kind review! I am happy to hear that you are repeat guests and have been staying with us for a few years. I'm sorry that you didn't like our new approach on breakfast. We are always changing the way we do things to see what will work best. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Oregon, USA
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The rooms are comfy, roomy, clean..the beds are great. The breakfast food was good but it took a terribly long time to get our food. It definitely wasn't the staffs fault, the bulk of the patrons came at once which backed them up. They have a VERY TINY kitchen to work in. The staff was very apologetic. Please go back to buffet style, I'm usually NOT a fan of buffet style but in this case I believe it would resolve the problem
We will be staying two more nights, we'll see how it goes

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kpears2013-
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have changed our breakfast from a buffet style. We are always trying new ideas for our hotel, to see what works best for our guests and staff. I hope the next time you stay with us, you will have a better experience with breakfast. We look forward to your next visit.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Oregon coast is a nice place to get away from the city and relax. I booked through priceline and obtained what I thought was a great rate for my room. Since I'd usually stayed at other places in Lincoln City, I wasn't sure what to expect. Upon arrival I received a friendly greeting and when I saw how the room was decorated, I was pleasantly surprised. I can't wait to bring my girlfriend there for a weekend.

Room Tip: If my room is representative of all the rooms, I think you will be in for a treat.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Lumberjack83-
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! The next time your thinking about stay with us, call us directly and ask about our Spa Suites! You will love those rooms, they are great for a romantic getaway with a special loved one. Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to your next visit!

Keizer, Oregon
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed there for.my husband's birthday. We kept getting interrupted by the evening counter person. And the room itself had.many problems with the heat and lack of blankets. We tried.several times to contact the.manager but still they will not return our call. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
15 Thank dbutton
Ron W, General Manager at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay at The Ashley Inn and Suites. Concerning the lack of blankets, all rooms have the same bedding package and air conditioning/heater units. We have additional blankets and comforters which we provide guests if they need them and would have provided you one if you had asked. We are diligent when it comes to the comfort and satisfaction of all our guests. And, because we had multiple complaints at the front desk about the noise you and your husband were making outside guests' windows after Midnight, my front desk agent was acting appropriately when she interrupted you. Perhaps it would have been better to have taken your discussion back to your room. It is not true that I did not return your call. I did speak with your husband who was quite demanding that we should do something like we did for your friends who also stayed in the hotel the same dates as you. Fact is, we did provide a substantial discount on your check-out although we received more complaints about you than we did from you.. Again, I am sorry that you feel the way you do about your stay. We will always take actions we deem appropriate for the greater good of all our guests and hope that you will come to understand the situation was handled appropriately for all concerned.
Philomath, Oregon
Reviewed March 17, 2014

There was a water leak in our window. Towels had been folded and placed beneath the leak. Water stains were on the window trim so it had obviously been like that for awhile.

The lights in the bathroom take a long time to start and are not very bright.

I love the microwave and refrigerator.

Beds are soft and cozy.

Modern rooms with a couch and table. Very nice.

Breakfast was delish!

• Stayed March 2014
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Ashley Inn and Suites. It appears that you enjoyed all our services. Unfortunately, the date of your stay we were experiencing an unusually strong storm with wind gusts from the southwest at over 75 mph. In cases such as these, we sometimes experience water coming through some of the large sliding windows facing the south. It appears this was the case with your room. I hope that you will stay with us again in more agreeable weather so you can experience the very best we have to offer!
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Clean room. No view. Cannot eat what you want for breakfast. Strange noises at night, clanging pipes or tap dancing. Staff were nice and helpful. Had DVD rentals. They did give me a special deal and discount because so many rooms were empty. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

3 Thank Ed P
We have changed our breakfast from a buffet style to a sit and be served arrangement. This has worked well for us and many guests appreciate the change and personalized service. I apologize for the misunderstanding that you do not get enough to eat. Our intent is to provide better service to you at your table than you would experience standing in line to eat. We would have gladly served you more if we had known that you wished it. I will pass this information to our hostess staff who will make sure all guests get well fed. I trust that on your next stay with us you will see the difference.