“Newer Lincoln City property”

Ashley Inn and Suites
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Newer Lincoln City property”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The furnishings were new and clean. The front desk and reservation staff were very helpful. There was plenty of parking. The rates were reasonable and the price included a free breakfast. This is not a beachfront location. It is on the east side of Highway 101. I had never heard of Ashley Inn and Suites before I started trying to get a reservation in Lincoln City in mid-August. I recommend this place.

Room Tip: There is an elevator so the top (third) floor is a good choice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lotsofnews
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Lotsofnews,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and recommendation! We always love to hear back from our guests so we know how we are doing and were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always upgrading and working on ways to make our hotel feel like a home away from home. As an independently owned hidden gem on the Oregon coast, most people don't hear much about us until they wander into our lobby, which in the afternoon usually smells like freshly baked cookies! We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you into Lincoln City.

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Lowell, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband requires a room with a roll in shower, making it difficult to find accommodations without prior reservations. We actually had reservations at a different hotel but, they did not save our special needs room. What a nice surprise that the Ashley Inn and Suites could help us on such short notice. The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful, the rooms were large and quiet, breakfast was a plus. We will no longer consider any other hotel while staying in Lincoln City!

Dear Nancy,

I am glad to hear that we were able to provide such specific accommodations for you at the last minute. We have quite a few different room types here so there's usually always something for everyone! We always love to hear back from a guest on how their stay was with us, and it looks like you experienced what makes us a hidden gem here in Lincoln City, I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the rest of the staff and to my general manager as well. Thank you so much for the review and the recommendation and we hope to see you again soon!

Oakdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very nice place to stay. No complaints at all. Looks homey with an Americana touch. Breakfast was nice. Front desk recommended a great seafood place. Would not hesitate to stay here again. Easy to find - right on Hwy 101. Can't think of anything negative to say.

Room Tip: Even though we were very close to the highway, it did not present any noise problems and we didn'...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Mare4422,
Thank you so much for the review! We were glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable! Our staff here does take pride in being able to give good recommendations for places to eat and for things to do in our area. As you noticed one of our many charms is that even though we are so close to the highway our building does tend to stay quiet, which is surprising to many of our guests! However at times, especially during our busy summers there is some noise that comes in and we just have to ask our guests to bear with us as that's just one of those things that's out of our control. Thank you again for choosing the Ashley Inn and Suites and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Lincoln City.
Camas, Washington
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Once a year my 3 sisters and I take our Mom who is 83 on a weekend trip to Lincoln City OR to shop in the outlet stores and do a little gambling at the Chinook Winds Casino. We usually stay at different hotels every year and this year we choose the Ashley Inn. What a wonderful experience!!! The staff was fantastic and our mini family suite worked out perfect for the 5 of us! Unfortunately the weather was rainy and windy so that made getting around with my Mom and her walker a little challenging. The great part was that the Ashley Inn is serviced by the shuttle to the Casino that pulled up under the covered parking area so we didn't get wet and dropped us at the door of the Casino. The morning buffet put on by the Ashley was really, really good! My Mom enjoyed the hot cookies that they put out every day at 4:00! All in all the trip was great and I think we have found a more permanent home for our yearly outing!! Definitely will stay there next year!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Judy S,
We here at the Ashley Inn and Suites are so happy to hear that we helped make what sounds like a very special family trip even better. Our number one goal is always make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here with us and it sounds like you got to see what makes us so special and why once someone stays with us, they keep coming back. We have many amenities and the casino shuttle is definitely a favorite. Our guests do definitely appreciate the convenience of that shuttle when its available. I was glad to hear that everyone enjoyed breakfast and you'll be pleased to know that since your stay, we've added in some new items. Our cookies are still as delicious as ever, and are still made every afternoon and will be here when you come back to see us next year!
Sumas, Washington
Reviewed October 2, 2013

came to Lincoln city from Bellingham wa for the sole purpose of photography along the Oregon coast line. for me a Hotel is 70% of the experience. The Ashley inn, in Lincoln City made this trip a wonderful experience. Our room was large, the king size bed was very comfy. they have the spa and pool which is an added bonus. The inn is located right by a Safeway store so getting snacks and essentials was no problem. The hot complimentary breakfast and juice they provided each day was GREAT!.. I will be back for more pics of the coastline in Spring 2014 and I will stay at the INN again for sure...
Todd Ivanhoe, Wa state..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Todd I,
Thank you so much for your kind review, we always love to hear back from guests! I was gad to hear how much you enjoyed our facilities, all of our rooms are oversized so everyone has their own space to decompress and relax. Our breakfast is always a big selling point and I am pleased to let you know that since your stay we've actually added some new items in. Although we may not be beachfront, we are pretty centrally located to quite a few places here in Lincoln City so our guests enjoy the convenience like you did. We look forward to seeing you here in the spring!
Sincerely
Oregon
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is very clean, friendly and very attentive to your needs. I was not in my room 5 minutes and the front desk called to make sure everything was to my standards. I came sown to go out to eat and when I stepped out in the hall I smelled this delicious aroma and when I got down stairs I asked what the smell was and they had just baked up cookies to give out at the front desk. That is a very nice touch to a hotel. I have only stayed in one other place that did that. I also liked there library of dvd's to watch. I was very happy with my stay. The staff was very pleasant and it was very clean and comfy. Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear PamperedPrincess1,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Ashley Inn and Suites. As I am sure you could tell our fresh baked cookies in the afternoon are definitely a big hit with our guests, we bake them every evening and always enjoy having that wonderful smell of cookies drifting throughout the hotel. Most hotels don't bake cookies in the afternoon so its just another example of what makes us such a unique hotel. It was good to hear you enjoyed some of our other amenities including our selection of DVD rentals, we pride ourselves on being able to provide most of the comforts of home to our guests who stay with us. Thank you again for your recommendation and kind words and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Lincoln City.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

It is normal at any hotel at checkin to have your credit card swiped and to sign a short agreement that includes the room rate.

At the Ashley however, at checkin they immediately charge an additional $100 to your credit card -- as insurance to cover damages to the room -- and also require guests to sign a long detailed contract / list of rules. The clerk said the $100 authorization was because I made my reservation through Expedia not through the Ashley directly.

My Expedia reservation of course was already pre-paid in full.

During summer vacation, we stayed at 5 different hotels in OR and WA and only the Ashley had policies like this. The Ashley needs to update its business practices and adopt policies that are less litigious and off-putting. It is a clean hotel, but nothing special, and there are many alternatives in Lincoln City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family