“Anniversary Ride”

Ashley Inn and Suites
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My Wife and I road the motorcycle down the coast on 101 with no plans of where to stop or eat, just free sailing. On the evening of our anniversary we stopped in at the Ashley Inn in Lincoln City just because it looked nice and it was in a good central locatiion. They were very nice and gave us a very reasonable rate that I couldn't believe. Room was clean and spacious and the staff was excellent. Would definitely recommend this great Hotel to my friends. Well done Ashley Inn, well done.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Mike L-
Thank you for your great review! I am glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us on your anniversary. Thank you for your compliment about our staff, I will pass it along. They love hearing that they are doing a great job from our customers. I hope you and your wife will come and see us again!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a nice enough hotel. I booked a room on Priceline and was ok with the price. When I got there, the staff informed me that they could only do four people to a room. Their reasoning "in case their were a fire, the fire department would only be looking for four people and not five." Now I was staying with my spouse and our three young children. They did try and charge me to upgrade for $60 to a suite that would sleep all five of us. Luckily there was a nice employee who told the lady helping us to just switch rooms and not charge us. So we got a one bedroom suite with two queen beds for the price we booked on Priceline. The bathroom of the suite did not smell pleasant. That would be my only complaint. There are DVD players in all the rooms which is nice. The breakfast was pretty good. It was made to order, plus muffins and cereal while you wait. The muffins were some of the best I have ever had. It turned out to be a great vacation.

Dear Heather S-
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback we get from our customers. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your family by putting you in our one of our family suites. Booking through an online website can be tricky at times and we recommend if you have more than four guests or any pets that you call us directly due to we only have our standard rooms that only sleep up to four guests online. I am glad that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities we offer. I do hope that you and your family come back to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Excellent and caring staff of everyone that works there.
We stayed two nights and it was our 40th anniversary. The staff was exceptional!
Very good location, easy in and out, good parking, quiet, clean, affordable.
Good breakfasts and snacks during the day.
We plan to stay again and will recommend this to family and friends.

Room Tip: main floor near lobby was excellent

Dear Dave B-
Thank you for your review! I am glad to know that you enjoyed your two night stay with us. Thank you for your kind compliments to our staff, we appreciate it very much. We are centrally located in town which makes it easy to walk to where you want to go. I am glad that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast and I hope that you were able to enjoy the other great amenities we offer. Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our second stay, and this time was not enjoyable. The bathroom light flickered like a strobe light, and the shower made a terrible high pitched noise when in use. When we inquired about this with the front desk staff and were told that the lights were florescent so that was the cause of the lights and the shower, well that was just the way it was. Their breakfast was very crowded and hectic. The eggs appeared to be powdered, so they were not very appetizing, and because they take orders instead of the buffet style they advertise, it took a long time to get served so we did not even eat the second morning. Their movie selection was extremely old, and one of the movies we rented was a Japanese movie like B rated. The pool had no adult hours set so it was difficult to enjoy that either. The up side was that the room was very clean, and cookies in the evening freshly made. Still did not make up for the other issues. Would not stay there again.

2  Thank seehorse1986
Sara L, Assistant General Manager at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your review! I see that you've stayed with us before and I apologize that this second stay did not meet the standards of your first. I have since shared your concerns with each department and assure you that, especially based on other reviews, this is not a typical experience. Our new breakfast program is still in its infancy and we do continue to do a buffet on the weekends. We also update our movie selection as often as possible and the new releases do seem to be the most popular and aren't always available. We do hope that you will give us another try, perhaps in the off season when the number of families staying is a little less, so the pool doesn't get as much use. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We dropped in on our vacation with no reservations. We were given a great deal for being first time visitors. There were cookies upon arrival, an activity to keep my son busy during our stay, and a great breakfast to wake up to. The rooms were clean and well kept, and we were even given recomendations on things to do and places to eat while in town. The ladies at the front desk were wonderful and very accomodating.We will definately be staying again on our next trip.

Dear Crys0027-
Thank you for your review! Our freshly baked cookies in the evenings are a great hit with our customers. I am glad that you and your son stopped in to stay with us and that we welcomed new customers with our first time guest discount! Our full hot breakfast is great and we keep adding items which makes it even better! We appreciate your compliments about our staff and I will let them know that they are doing a great job. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We came through town on our honeymoon, and your employee Kachiri, went so above and beyond making our stay the best! We got a great deal, the room was amazing, she even showed us the room before we purchased...very impressed in the customer service, will definitely stay again, thanks Kachiri!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2014

Dear Kcwheeler,

Thank you so much for your feedback from your stay, we here at the Ashley Inn and Suites always love to hear back from all of our guests so we know how we are doing as a hotel. Guest input is so important, and it’s feedback from our guests that lets us know what we are doing correctly and what may need to be improved. We always work so hard to make sure each and every guest makes sure that they feel like they are at home in one of our many oversized rooms. Our staff is 100% dedicated to making sure that each and every stay is memorable for our guests and we thank you again so much for your feedback and hope to see you next time you are in Lincoln City.

Mercedes Galasso

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was our first stay but it definitely won't be our last. The rooms were large suites, clean, cozy and the beds were comfy. The staff were very friendly and professional, and the hot breakfast in the morning was awesome. Eggs, potatoes, sausage, fresh baked biscuit bread, Gravy, fresh baked muffins, assorted fruit, cereals snack bars, coffee ect, ect. They had movie rentals. I didn't get to try the other amenities like the salt water pool and sauna, but if we are ever traveling that way again I will definitely come back. I would recommend it to friends and family without hesitation. Thank you Ashley Inn Staff! You are amazing!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Martha-
Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be coming back to see us. I am glad that you liked our full hot breakfast we offer to our guests. I hope the next time you stay with us your able to enjoy the pool and Jacuzzi. We look forward to your next visit.