“Not Comfortable” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, OR
“Not Comfortable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

after 3 different stays, I asked my company to PLEASE put me in a different hotel. One week my bed was lumpy, another hard as a board and woke up with a sore back. The pets rooms SMELLED HORRIBLE and I had to 'check' them BEFORE accepting my room reservation. I felt unsafe as there was less than reputable guests, the breakfast is only available 7-9 and the housekeeping staff couldn't be relied upon to leave adequate coffee or towels.

Room Tip: Comfort Inn down the street has equivalent prices on rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dmb1804
Sara L, Assitant General Manager at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry to hear that your stays did not meet your standards. All of our pet rooms undergo a more rigorous cleaning than our normal pet rooms, as we enjoy having our furry four legged guests and don't have a weight restriction on pets. We are also one of the few Lincoln City hotels that is staffed twenty-fours a day, so that if our guests have any issues or concerns, we can address them immediately. We have recently expanded our breakfast and with that expanded our hours as well. I do apologize and hope that you will seek us out again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Tualatin, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband surprised me with a trip to Lincoln City for my 34th Birthday. Upon arriving we were greeted by a very sweet staff who wanted to make sure they were accommodating all of our needs. Also the freshly baked cookies were really a nice touch. My husband had arranged for us to stay in a Jacuzzi suite and it was probably one of the most immaculate rooms I have ever stayed in. We also went and explored the swimming pool and hot tub area and if you have never experienced a salt water pool you are missing out! The pool was heated to a comfortable temperature and we enjoyed swimming in the pool without having to deal with the harsh chemicals of most pools. They had a lovely display of convenience items for reasonable prices if you forgot something at home. Also they offered a great selection of DVDS to watch on cold, rainy days complete with popcorn for the microwave!
Cleanliness is very important to me when I stay in away from home and this place certainly went above and beyond my expectations of an Inn. The bed was very comfortable and both my husband and I woke up feeling refreshed and we were able to go to the dining room for a complimentary HOT! Breakfast including: waffles and biscuits and gravy and fresh fruits. Such a nice alternative to the typical cold muffin and fake orange juice offered at most places.
Our stay at the Ashley Inn and Suites was superb and it is highly suggested for those looking to get away for a romantic weekend on the coast.
Jacilin and Andre

Room Tip: The suite with the Jacuzzi is so much fun!
1 Thank Jacilin P
Sara L, Assitant General Manager at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for such a glowing review! From our many amenities to the disposition of our staff, we take great pride in our hotel so that you our guest have the best stay. Our jacuzzi rooms are often booked as an upgrade to our romance package, which is great for sweethearts to honeymooners. We hope that you will continue to allow us to serve your needs when you're on the Oregon Coast.
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a friendly staff and the smell of fresh baked cookies. What a great start to our mini-vacation. We found the room to be spacious and comfy. After a restful sleep, we enjoyed a breakfast that was way above standard hotel fare. Fluffy scrambled eggs, seasoned potatoes and warm muffins were just a few of the highlights. Many thanks to the wonderful staff of Ashley Inn for making our stay exceptionally special!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sara L, Assitant General Mananger at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for spending your mini-vacation with us! We have recently made some great changes to our breakfast and glad that you enjoyed it. We've extended our continental breakfast hours past our hot breakfast time for those who want to catch a few extra zzz's. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

For the price, there's little that beats out the Ashley Inn. My girlfriend and I celebrated our second-year together in Lincoln City and picked the Ashley Inn for our lodging needs based on the budget and fun little romance package they offered. Overall, the place is kept very tidy. The decor, while well kept, is lost between being classic and attempting to be modernized. Its far from distracting though, and doesn't stray away from the cozy town home feel as well. The biggest complaint I really have, was the massive spider that made its way into the sink and scared the bejesus out of my lovely lady. Can't really blame the management for that though. ;]

As far as location goes, its not too bad.. Its price is in part of not being oceanfront lodge. Almost all of the rooms just have the street below as a view. Our room however, was fortunate enough to have a great view of the beautiful evening sky.A plus indeed. That, and not to mention it shares the same lot as a Starbucks, which made getting coffee in the morning just fantastic.

All in all, I have no problem recommending this to a friend if their looking for a decent place to stay and don't care about ocean views.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor, its quieter and the only rooms with a good look at the sky!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sara L, Assistant General Manager at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for celebrating your time together as a couple with us! We do our best to maintain that beloved bed and breakfast feeling. We hope that you'll stay with us again very soon.
Corvallis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We got two rooms using a Groupon and were very pleased with the rooms, the service, and the location. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were modern, clean, attractive, and comfortable. Would definitely stay there again when in Lincoln City.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm so glad that you took advantage of our recent Groupon offer and stayed with us. We offer other great deals throughout the year and hope that you will take advantage of them as often as possible. We look forward to seeing you again!
Tualatin, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Was looking for an inexpensive place to stay for one night. Ashley Inn had good reviews, good price, and good location. The day before we arrived I got a call to say they were looking forward to our arrival, have never had a hotel or even a resort do that. Then in the evening of our stay got a call from the desk just wanting to check that we were happy with our room. Very impressed with their customer service. The room and hotel were very nice, clean, and better than expected. And in the morning I started my day with a coffee from Starbucks, right next store. Then enjoyed a great breakfast at Ashley Inn, included in the price of the room. Very happy with my stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We really do care about your stay! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed it. We consider the guest before a reservation is even made. Having Starbucks in the same parking lot just happens to be an added bonus. Thank you again and we can't wait for your next stay!
Auburn, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I have done a lot of traverling over the years and have stayed in many places. We are always careful to select a welcoming and clean exterior as well as a overall clean interior. We were delighted at not only the cost of the room but the entire experience of staying there. We were welcomed with the filling that we were at home away from home. The staff couldn't have been nicer or helpful. We were even more surprised that treats were offered to us. Our room was large in comparison to many places we have stayed at. Big rooms; compfy bed, big sitting area with everything including a sofa, coffee table, and a table to eat at. We had stayed at the Biltmore hotel in L.A., CA and paird $197.00 for the night. Lovely to see but it will only be once for us. I would give them an adverage, and would never recomment anyone to stay there. If I know of onyone traveling who asks me where a good place to stay would be, my answer, without a doubt, wound be, "Ashley Inn and Suites". The price, the amenities, the staff and any thing else I would tell them about would surely help them to choose your Inn to stay at for a night, for a week, whatever. The fact that you care and want to know how our experience went most certainly follows your expectations of what you want to give to the people who choose to stay with you. The old saying, "you can't please everyone..." does not, in the least, apply to Ashley Inn and Suites. We look forward to staying with you again!!

Room Tip: All rooms offer a warm and compfortable home away from home atmosphere"!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I can't tell you as someone in management how proud it makes me to see the word "wonderful" in a review. We work on a daily basis will all staff to ensure that each and every guest has a stay that is memorable. We certainly welcome new business but hope that you also will come and stay with us again.