“Great place to Relax for The Weekend”

Ashley Inn and Suites
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you are looking for a romantic place to get away for the weekend with your sweetheart than this is the place! I highly recommend the king Jacuzzi room closest to the suana and pool area. This room is a little larger than most they offer. The staff is very helpful yet not intrusive and they even put little Hershey's kisses around your Jacuzzi tub and will leave a chilled bottle of wine in your room upon request to get you started. Coupled with the Black Fish Cafe' right down the street, your weekend cannot go wrong. Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

60DayTour-
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay in one of our Spa Suites. If you are looking for a romantic getaway, we offer Romance Packages that are great for a weekend away. The Black Fish Café is a great restaurant to eat at while visiting the Oregon Coast. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I made a last minute break for the coast and spent the previous night in the cheap section at a nearby casino. After a night of screaming children and people yelling we decided it was time to try something else. The Ashley Inn was exactly what we were looking for. It was affordable and quiet. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the staff was amazing!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervior at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Shannon-
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. Being able to sneak a way for the weekend is always nice and a bonus when you find a quiet and comfortable place to stay at and I am happy to hear that you found that with us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at Ashley a 2nd time on February 13th. Requested the top floor so no one was above us. Room was great, good bed, pillows, very roomy and quiet. Due to our age we very much appreciated the elevator. Breakfast was good, especially the muffins!!. And the cookies at the front desk in the evening. Front desk and kitcken attendant was very friendly and efficient. We most definately will be staying there again.

Dear Bev-
I am glad to hear that you have stayed with us before and liked it, to come stay with us again. Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I am happy to know that our staff members were friendly and efficient during your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Recently my wife & I took a two day getaway to the Oregon coast , We stayed at the Ashley Inn and Suites & as usual the people were great ! The room was reasonably priced clean ,comfortable,The hot Breakfast was also very good ,We didn't use the salt water pool or hot tub this trip but have in the past it to was great ! Only thing missing was the Ocean outside the window , But at about half the price as a beach front hotel I can't complain. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Lincoln city Oregon !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Charles-
Thank you for taking time out to write us a review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Even though we don't have ocean view rooms, the ocean is only a few blocks away. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer to our guests. Thank you for being repeat customers. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at the Ashley Inn and Suites in Lincoln City, Oregon on February 13, 2013. The service was exceptioonal and included in the terrific rate was a full breakfast with homemade biscuits. The room were very big and nicely furnished. We will stay there again the next time we are in Lincoln City.

Dear Cary-
Thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you were able to try our full hot breakfast! The biscuits and gravy are my favorite. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We arrived at the Ashley Inn from spending a wonderful night in seaside on our 3 day mini holiday.
As we arrive at the Ashley Inn and Suites we were greeted a “What” when we got to the front counter. While getting the information about our bookings, they placed us in a 1 bed room for 3 of our guest. We were told we would have to pay an extra $10.00 for a room upgrade with 2 double beds which they said they will waive. We now had another issue with the booking. They said we would have to pay $15.00 for the 3rd person, even though we had booked 3 people. We spent almost 30min on the phone with the agency which booked us the room which resulted in them crediting us the extra $15.00 we paid with our Visa to the hotel. After the room was switched, we received a phone call from an employee who inspected our car while we were in our room and immediately called our room while we were un-packing and asked us if we have a pet with us and said they are going to charge us an extra $25.00 fee for having him. Even though the hotel states they are pet friendly Please beware pet owners. Our intent was to keep the dog in the car, as he is not fully potty trained for liabilities etc...

We left the hotel and returned hours later with 3 friends we met in the town to chat and share some drinks. As I entered the hotel I noticed there was a new receptionist who immediately followed us to our room. Once we got to our room I opened the door to shockingly see her standing outside of our room, key in hand about to open our hotel room’s door! She said to us, “you only have 2 guest booked in and you are not allowed any guests in your room. They must leave or I am calling the police.” Minutes later we received a knock on our door and standing outside were 3 police officers. They told us the states laws are the hotel can refuse any person for any reason, so you will have to ask them to leave or pay the $15.00 extra guest fee. Our 3 friends we met left, as they were going to anyways as they had a condo in town. The officers still would not leave until we paid the fee of $15.00 (the one we paid earlier), but officers or front desk never did their diligence, to even check our file. The officers did not allow us to leave our room so I could go talk with the front desk lady (the one who followed us to our room) to try to sort this out. After about 15 min with the police going back and forth to the front desk I picked up the rooms telephone and called the front desk. I asked her to look into my file and she found the note stating we already paid the $15.00 fee. I told the officers she found it they confirmed and left.

Morning time, one of my friends went to try to get the complimentary beverages and was told he must go back to the room or they will call the police again.
We checked our at 10:00am and will never return to the Ashley inn and suites ever again.

Ron Wallace is the general manager. He should not be in any management position.

Room Tip: Aviod Ashley Inn & Suites
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
25  Thank Andrew_DSN
Ron W, General Manager at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

The Ashley Inn and Suites makes every effort to provide a calm and friendly environment for our guests. We pride ourselves in customer engagement, and have many great reviews on Trip Advisor and other travel review sites. We are known in Lincoln City as a “quiet retreat on the coast”, and strive hard to ensure that we provide each guest with this experience. We recognize that every situation has two sides to the story and appreciate and validate your point of view. As part of the management team for the Ashley Inn & Suites, we felt inclined to take action during your stay to maintain a peaceful environment for our other guests. We hope you can understand and respect our perspective, and welcome you back to discover just what makes the Ashley Inn & Suites so amazing. Please call me on your next trip to Lincoln City, so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Originally my husband & I wanted an oceanfront room but that weekend was a very busy weekend at the coast, so either all hotels were booked or only really expensive rooms were available. I got a really good overnight rate here for booking online. A very nice gal called to confirm my reservation & ask if there was anything they could do for us during our stay. The entire time we were there from arrival to check out the staff was very friendly & helpful. There is a casino shuttle that goes between the hotel & casino which was a huge bonus! The chocolate chip cookies hot out of the oven were a wonderful treat in the evening! The room was very nice, very clean, & very comfortable. We have bad backs & the beds were excellent! We will definitely stay there again & we recommend the Ashley Inn to all!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Heather-
Thank you for writing us a review. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. Even though we are not on the beach, it is only a 10 minute walk from here. Our freshly baked cookies are always a hit with our guests! I am glad that you were able to enjoy them for they are gone quickly. We look forward to your next visit.