All reviews oregon coast floor to ceiling windows huge balcony privately owned condos beach level top floor outdoor pool the pacific ocean game room first floor great view mid week low tide full kitchen exercise room sliders bedroom suite
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2017

If traveling the route of the Oregon coast t, be sure to plan a stay at this hotel.Each room has wall to floor window/balcony views of the ocean. Walk out of the hotel and your at the beach .. we stayed at the adjoining suite , 14 th floor. as there were a few of us. Well maintained, very clean, super comfy beds.. and most of all listening to the ocean waves at night ! The suite has a well equipped kitchen . Be sure to check out Fathoms- the restaurant as well. Fantastic food! at mid range prices.. There is an outdoor heated pool and hot tub to enjoy.. very clean pool. This is the second time that I have stayed there and will continue to stay at this lovely hotel!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Bev R
Lisa W, General Manager at Inn At Spanish Head, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Hello,
Thank you recommending the Inn At Spanish Head to TripAdvisor users. And in such glowing terms! That means you truly enjoyed your stay with us too and that is so important to me and all the staff here at the Inn. We are Oregon’s only resort hotel built right on the beach so you can’t get any closer to the wonderful sights and sounds of the Pacific Ocean. Guests often comment on how soothing it is to listen to the waves at night, which is one of the real joys of being on the coast.

I’m also glad to know you found our 10th-floor oceanfront restaurant and bar, Fathoms. One way to truly get away from the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life is to have someone else do the cooking and Fathoms is open everyday for breakfast, lunch, dinner and our seasonal Sunday buffet. Or treat yourself to room service for a slow start to the day, a refreshment and appetizers on your deck before dinner or perhaps an evening dessert and coffee/champagne. Vacations are a time to think outside the box and do things differently!

We hope you can return again soon. From October through the end of May. Lincoln City hides more than 2,000 hand-blown glass floats on the beaches, including our beach. It’s fun to search for one and we have guests who have been lucky enough to find one. Of course, there are many other good reasons to spend time on the Oregon coast and at the Inn. Thank you again for your kind post. Lisa White, General Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights, honoring Mom on the occasion of her 86th birthday. The Inn is accessible with prompt elevators and a superb restaurant despite there being few guests during our winter stay. The pool and hot tub were clean and inviting, being at beach level. The ocean surf is visible and audible. Upon check in we felt important and pampered. The staff is reduced during winter season. The maintenance crew is hard working and multi-talented. In fact the gentleman who helped us get settled is a sand artist, adding a surprise outside our 5th floor balcony: "Happy Birthday Ida" adding a heart and a rose. The drawing lasted well into the following day. We enjoyed a remarkably high tide on our last morning. The awesome Pacific never disappoints. We are so glad Mom agreed to dispense with her attachment to home. My husband and I are happy to have been able to, in a small way, recognize the many kindnesses of my sister and her husband. My sister treated us to a sensational dinner at the Inn on our last night. The view of the ocean from the restaurant is incomparable. Three cheers for the superb reception staff at the Inn at Spanish Head who made the process of finding a beautiful suite, exceeding our wishes.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Galoshes2Heels
Lisa W, General Manager at Inn At Spanish Head, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Hello,
We are honored you came all the way to the Oregon Coast and chose the Inn to celebrate your Mother’s 86th birthday. Congratulations to her! And thank you for letting us know the Inn’s location, our 10th-floor oceanfront restaurant, Fathoms, our amenities, and especially our staff created a joyful environment for such a special occasion.

Marc, our bellman and exceptional sand artist, is truly amazing with his messages on the beach. He’s designed marriage proposals, holiday greetings, anniversary and yes, birthday wishes. How wonderful your messages lasted so long!

It’s always good two hear how much our guests appreciate the spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean here at the Inn. As you may know, the Inn is Oregon’s only resort hotel built right on the beach, so all rooms are oceanfront. That coupled with our floor-to-ceiling windows in all rooms, including all bedrooms, bring the sights and sounds of the ocean up close and personal. An elevator ride down to the first floor also makes it easy to walk out on the beach and enjoy miles of sand for strolling, building sand castles, flying kites or simply sitting to watch the waves roll in.

Winter, spring, summer or fall, we are always here to ensure our guests have the best stay possible. And creating a memorable celebration for your family gives us pride, warms our hearts and puts smiles on our faces. We hope you can return again soon. Lisa White, General Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2017

Needed to get away so we booked two nights at the Inn at Spanish Head. The beach and ocean are directly in front of your room/hotel and the view is incredible, the ocean sound is loud and clear and the breeze is so refreshing. Guests are fairly quiet and respectful so it was very relaxing, not many kids that we saw in the hotel. We had a deluxe suite; comfy sofa, two nice recliners and a TV; kitchen table and well furnished small kitchen; nice bath and wonderful bed, slept really well. Room had a balcony to sit out on while staring at the magnificent view and sipping some great wine. The rooms are all individual, not a bunch of copies, our room was nicely done with everything we needed - almost. Take a hair dryer! The top floor has a great restaurant called Fathoms, excellent service, good food, stunning view and they make their own potato chips that were to die for! There is an outdoor pool, inside sauna, inside hot tub and an exercise room. Everywhere we went was clean, well kept and nice. Staff were very nice and did a great job, ready to help however they could. The beach itself was great, miles of walkable beach and beauty all around, loved it! Can't wait to go back.

Room tip: The 9th floor is lobby level and the place to be, one floor above and it has the restaurant, also gives you best access to the parking area.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jo T
Lisa W, General Manager at Inn At Spanish Head, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Hello Jo T,
I am delighted your needed get-away brought you to the Oregon coast and to the Inn At Spanish Head. In my opinion, and I’ve heard it said by others, it truly is a magical place. The Inn is the only resort hotel in Oregon built right on the beach, so all the glorious sights and full sounds of the Pacific Ocean come right to, and inside, your room. It is relaxing and invigorating at the same time. The world can be so “hustle and bustle” and this setting truly refreshes the mind, body and spirit. Since all rooms are oceanfront with floor-to-ceiling windows, everyone can experience the full impact a get-away here offers.

I believe you mentioned every amenity we have for our guests! I hope you enjoyed each one. I’m glad to know you found Fathoms Restaurant and Bar, which is just an elevator ride to the 10th floor. It’s oceanfront dining at its best! Did you experience those “to die for” potato chips in the bar, which also has exceptional views? You’ll find a cozy environment to relax, watch the waves, wildlife and try a wonderful offering of appetizers, hand-shaken cocktails, fresh-squeezed juices, a long list of craft brews, as well as amazing local wines and those of an international flare.

Thank you for mentioning our staff. Each one is dedicated to making all guests feel welcome and at home during their stay. It is so nice for me to hear they are “nice and did a great job.” It gives them pride to know their work is recognized in a positive way.

And oh my, the hair dryer! We provide a hair dryer in all bathrooms. If you don’t fine one, please call our housekeeping department and one will quickly be delivered to your room.

I appreciate hearing from you and all about your stay here at the Inn. We hope you can visit again soon. The ocean, and the Inn, will be waiting! Lisa White, General Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

I found a way to post. This is just an idea:

My sister and I spend 4 wonderfilled days at the Inn at Spanish Head to recharge. Workers there are like family. We had one minor medical issue develop and I (being in a wherlchair) had a medical equipment malfunction. Instead of going to the hospital via an ambulance the crew set out to help us find a replacement part. At 10:30 pm on a Friday night, not much is open for medical supplies. They went to every open drug store and looked. The local Samartin hospital had what I needed and they picked it up there and had it back to me (all back to normal) all before midnight. This is why I said it's "family". I've never spent time anywhere before where the staff put away there job titles so we could enjoy our visit. To all the workers and the owner (who was at one point involved) we give you 5.1 starts out of 5!! Thank you for everything. We will be back.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Ab X
Lisa W, General Manager at Inn At Spanish Head, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2017

Hello!
Time on the Oregon coast, for those who don’t live here, is so precious. So, we certainly want all our guests to make the most of every minute. We sure didn’t want you to be held up with a medical “malfunction.” We are delighted we could be of assistance to you and your sister, even at 10:30 at night. Thank you for staying with us and letting others know how much we value each of our guests. And how much we do want everyone to feel at home while visiting the Inn.

We are so glad you were able to enjoy all the Inn has to offer. All oceanfront rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows so the amazing views are always ready to behold. Many rooms have a balcony. And wheelchair friendly rooms too. Easy beach access is just an elevator ride down to the first floor and a few steps out onto the sand. Even those in wheelchairs can be close due to the walkway all round the front of the Inn at sea level.

As I’m sure you discovered, right in the same building is the Inn’s 10th-floor oceanfront restaurant and bar, Fathoms, making it very accessible if in a wheelchair. Fathoms is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and our seasonal Sunday buffet served on holidays and during the summer months. It’s a wonderful venue to relax and watch the sunset on long summer days. Or did you treat yourselves to room service? That’s such fun!

You are most welcome for anything we were able to do to help you enjoy your time at the Inn to the fullest. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Lisa White, General Manager

Reviewed May 17, 2017

My stay was fantastic! My room was modern and that was thanks to my wonderful reservationist Bernice that took note on what I was looking for. She has been with the company for over 20 years and it showed in her choice of condo for me. I loved my condo so much I asked if the owner was willing to sell. The décor/upgrades were first-class! That is saying a lot! When you place your reservation, just let the agent know what you are looking for in a room. The food was great and the staff always willing to help. I plan to visit again in the fall... Enjoy your stay!

Room tip: I was on the 2nd floor. I noticed most families chose floor 1.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank NanaLuckyNumber27
Lisa W, General Manager at Inn At Spanish Head, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Hello!
Now that’s truly a compliment when you want to buy the unit here at the Inn where you stayed! I am happy to know Bernice was able to find you exactly what you wanted. It warms my heart to know our staff, many of whom have been here 10+ years, took such excellent care of you. Thank you for letting us know, as it gives each one pride in what they do knowing it makes such a difference to our guests.

As you mentioned, the Inn is a condominium hotel, so each room is designed by its owner. There is no cookie-cutter approach here, which does allow for more individual touches and more enjoyment of your stay. It “almost” feels like your own condo on the coast! And, we have a variety of rooms types from bedrooms with a wet bar, microwave and small refrigerator, to one- and two-bedroom suites with full kitchens. All rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows and many have balconies. And our easy beach access is great for everyone.

You mentioned you plan to return in the Fall. We look forward to your visit! Fall on the Oregon coast can be a glorious time of the year. The sun is often shining and often no wind. It’s a perfect time to take long, evening strolls or sit and watch the sun slip over the ocean’s edge. Although it never seems to feel crowded here on this part of beach, there are even fewer people than in the summertime. I have to admit, it’s one of my favorite seasons on the Oregon coast.

Thank you again for telling us about your stay and making us feel good about it too. See you in the Fall. Lisa White, General Manager