“Northwest Trip”

Shearwater Inn
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The view from our room was fabulous. The rooms were great and the staff was excellent. We also loved being so close to the beach. We look forward to our future stay at the Shearwater Inn in Lincoln City.

1  Thank CP0721
There are newer reviews for Shearwater Inn

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great views, nice staff, good continental breakfast, love the beach right out the hotel. We would stay here again as the location to everything was great. Thanks for the wonderful weather and the casino had fireworks for the first day of summer which were lovely to see off the beach.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean and well kept. We stayed in a room that pets were not allowed due to my allergies, but if you desire you may bring your dog along. Also nice view from the 5th floor.

The staff was extremely welcoming. Looking forward to our return.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Loved the view of the ocean from the 4th floor. There is a smaller building in front but on this floor we could still see the ocean and hear the waves crashing. Loved the small balcony and view from living room of beach and ocean. So enjoyed having breakfast delivered to our door each morning. Could have used a table for 4- there was room for it. We had a sisters reunion and wanted to play games. Lovely room with bedroom and kitchen. Friendly, helpful staff too. Thank You!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our one year anniversary and we had such a great time. We booked their romance package and that got us a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room, along with a $40 gift card to Kyllos, the restaurant right next to the hotel. It has a great view of the ocean and is right in the middle of town so it is close to everything... My only con is the water pressure in the shower, it was like a drizzle.

1  Thank KacieYarnell
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Only 1 negative about our room- no table space! I found this odd.
We were nervous about spilling onto the carpet. The room (4001) had a 2 person breakfast bar and 1 end table. That's not always enough room.
We had a wonderful stay. The staff made us and our dog feel welcome and we recommend Shearwater Inn.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Made my reservation on Booking.com 5 months in advance. Really thought it would be a great experience. Got to the hotel and found that it was day 3 of a holiday weekend and they had decided to increase the price for that night by about $60. No, that was not acceptable so to fit me into a room at the lower price I booked I was placed in a Handicapped room with a fairly poor view of another hotel in front of it and a restaurant and we were across from the noisy (exhaust fans on roof) restaurant.

Not the place at the beach I thought I booked. Of course we had all the handicap periphanalia to get around in the shower. But the worst was the bed; the single worst bed I have ever tried to sleep on. I reported it the next morning and they said they would look into it. Thankfully, the mattress was replaced. I honestly do not know how I could have survived 3 nights on that bed!

So that action was prompt. I had requested a room where no dog had been, doubt that happened since we had the handicapped room. Enjoyed the morning breafast and did not attend the nightly wine event.

I would not choose to stay here again. It was adequate, but could have been disastrous if the noise level was as bad as it LOOKED like it was going to be and the mattress situation hadn't been straightend out. I appreciate the mattress change - that mattress should have been addressed much earlier and not been in that room.

Room Tip: Must pay for a balcony to get a decent room
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
westoverinns, Owner at Shearwater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

We are so sorry that this guest didn’t enjoy their stay. All our rooms recently received new mattresses, but once they were in place we discovered that a handful of them have a manufacturing defect. We are working with the manufacturer to get new ones. We hope that this guest will give us another try, and call the hotel when making their reservation so we can offer them all the room type choices.