“Great Place to Stay”

Shearwater Inn
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Found with the help of trip advisor, we were even more impressed when we arrived, We did not have reservations and were very happy to find that there were still rooms available. There are only 30 rooms, all with an ocean view. The sound of the ocean and a warm fireplace made the stay even more enjoyable. To top it off, the complimentary continental breakfast is delivered to your room for an even more intement experience.

Definitely worth the unexpected reasonably nightly rate! ($116/nt in June).

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We chose to stay here after reading other reviews of this and other hotels on the Oregon coast. We thought it was definitely the nicest looking hotel in the area once we got there. The others in the area are motels for the most part, and appear very 'weathered' from the salty air and years of use. We stayed in a 'parlor suite' on the 4th floor. We could easily see over the restaurant next door, but could see how you wouldn't have a clear view of the ocean and beach on any lower floors. The sliding glass door leading onto a private balcony with two chairs and a small table was very nice, and we enjoyed sitting out here and relaxing while watching seals leaping out of the water and families running and playing on the beach. The bathroom had incredibly soft towels and bathrobes that were by far the heaviest, best quality we have ever felt for complimentary robes. The suite has a full kitchen with full size refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, oven, etc. There are even baking dishes and pots and pans if you so choose to cook! There were only two things we were a bit disappointed by- one is that we felt the bed was really liked in other reviews so we had high hopes; however, it is actually quite a firm mattress, and we prefer a somewhat softer one. So I suppose it depends on how you like the mattress to be. The other thing, and this was the biggest issue for us, is that there is a lot of road noise at night. This is certainly not the hotel's fault, and we do feel it is a very nice place. But it was quite warm in the room and no air conditioning so we had to have the windows open. This meant no sleep for us, as the bedroom faces hwy 101, with cars and sirens speeding by the window all night until about 2 am. So while we loved our stay at the beach, for this reason we unfortunately won't stay again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place granted all of our expectations " AWESOME " (5 Star Rating Folks.)
The hotel location is amazing. We stayed on the 3rd floor and our view was awesome, this place has a continental breakfast that is delivered right to your room.... you just fill out the card and it was delivered every morning LOVE IT.... The room was very nice with a jetted tub and and King size bed . every day they have a wine social that has a couple different bottles of wine , cheese, meats and other crackers. the bed at the hotel was really nice to comfortable and a great gas fire place that keep the room nice and warm and cozy. They accommodated our Chinese Pug like Royalty. We will return again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms which we had, Has the best ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotels location is amazing in some of the pic it shows nothing in front of it however there is a hotel in front of it . we stayed on the 5th floor and our
view very was stunning, this place has a continental breakfast that is delivered right to your room.... you just fill out the card and it done evary morning LOVE IT.... the room was very nice with a jetted tub and and med size bathroom . every day they have a wine social that has a couple different bottles of wine , cheese, meats and other crackers. the bed at the hotel was really nice to comfortable and a great gas fire place the keep the room nice. they also have a hot tub however we did not us it seemed real nice

Room Tip: its a great place
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I brought my two cousins ,visiting from Alabama to the coast for 2 nights. The Grand Suite was amazing and was perfect. Daniel at the front desk had helped me from the very beginning when I called requesting information. The property had recently changed names and I was unfamiliar with it. He did everything in his power to make sure I was happy with my decision to book the room. I was impressed with the smiling friendly staff who quickly and efficiently answered all our questions upon arrival . The Grand Suite with its two separate bedrooms and kitchen was a perfect choice and very clean, although we only made coffee and ate our lovely delivered yummy breakfast at the breakfast bar. This lovely breakfast was such a treat and to be delivered as ordered and on time was the icing on the cake. This property provided every thing one could possibly hope to have.

We definitely enjoyed the wine social and borrowed a dvd to watch in our room. The cozy fireplace was much appreciated when the weather turned rainy. My cousins have a time share at Hilton head so they spend time on the east coat every year but were very very impressed with the Shearwater Inn and we all look forward to a return trip. The two balcony's for watching the ocean were wonderful. The corner room on the 5th floor also had a second big window in the living area and a large window in the kitchen witch made for lots of lovely light. The master bed room had a huge jaccuci tub and a glass shower stall with everything including robes. Next time I swear I will use it.

Many thanks to the staff for a perfectly lovely time.
Special thanks to Daniel the angel who made it happen as planned. See you next time.

Room Tip: The Grand Suite was perfection. It was on the 5th floor (top) so you can easily see over the buildin...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jan s
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I really enjoyed the king size bed in my room. It was all very clean and the room was large. The view from my room could have been better, but I was on the 2nd floor so I saw mainly the parking lot and another hotel before I could see the ocean. The employees were very nice and helpful. I had to leave before they started delivering breakfast to the rooms, and they made an allowance for me and brought it early. The wine social was fun also. Good wine and good hors d'oeuvres. It was nice to be able to walk to Kyllos, the restaurant next door. No need to drive and find more parking!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ruby A
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I decided to head to the Lincoln City for a few days. I chose this hotel because of its location. A restaurant right next door and the beach a few steps away as well. I loved this place. It is so dog friendly, they provide sheets, towels, treats and water and food bowls for your furry friend. The room was very clean and had everything I could possibly want. Even had bath robes at no extra cost. Wine and cheese social in the evenings and was very nice to meet new people. The staff was very nice especially the manager. She makes sure you are comfortable. I will definitely stay here again. I just wish I didn't have to leave.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo