“Housekeeping stole my laptop :(”

America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed August 31, 2010

This started out being a fairly nice place for the price. My boyfriend and I stayed here 3 nights. Housekeeping barely spoke English, barged in without knocking on one occasion. Bed was uncomfortable. The gal at the front desk, Cory, was really sweet but the rest of the staff don't really speak English and are rather rude. Last but not least, I left my laptop in the dresser of the room and called a couple hours after leaving, and they have no clue where it is and refuse to even comp the room so I can get half towards a new one. I will be filing a police report as well as a complaint with the better business bureau. If you choose to stay here, leave all valuables at home! I DO NOT recommend staying here though. It's irritating that they don't give a crap about their staff stealing.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank trainergirl85
ABIlincolncity, Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2011

Guest privacy and security is very important to us. This is why all rooms have electronic key-card locks. Once locked from the inside nobody has access to the room, including housekeeping. Even if they have a key the door must be still be unlocked from the inside by the guest. Also as soon as a guest checks in to the room no previous key-cards will work providing even greater security over regular keyed rooms. If any valuables are left in the room they are placed in a bag, tagged with the guest information, and placed in our lost and found. Providing a safe, secure, and enjoyable stay is our goal and how we all make our living here, theft of any kind would never be tolerated. We are sorry you cannot locate your computer, I assure you we immediately checked the dresser and everywhere else in the room when you called and did not find anything.

There are newer reviews for America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City

Reviewed July 1, 2010

A great value, close to the beach, really clean, and the price was right. They don't have a pool but have a sauna and hot tub.

We are going to stay there next time. It was less expensive than some of the bigger places.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Made a stop over in Lincoln City on our Oregon coast road trip as everyone raved about how much fun they always have here. WRONG. Totally boring. Everything closes at what seems like 6pm. We stayed here because it was inexpensive and has in room wi-fi. The room was clean, but the bathroom was horribly small. A "large" person might have trouble maneuvering in there. I think there was only us, and one other guest there that night, which was a little spooky to us, but then again, it wasn't like the town was a bustle of activity. Would probably stay here again, just for the affordability.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed April 13, 2010

At times, I can be somewhat of a harsh reviewer, and I have no apologies. I find myself wanting to review this hotel harshly, however, I can not. I read a few of the past reviews in reference to this hotel. You want to be harsh and true, but the real truth is that this hotel is a great value. On a weekend in Lincoln City, rates go sky high, rooms fill up, and no vacancy signs light up. I found a reasonable rate, a clean bathroom, and a great free breakfast.

Pros: Free Breakfast. Clean. Free Wi-Fi. Quiet. Great Location. Great customer service.

Cons: Late free breakfast (starts at 7 AM). Bed sucks. Skeezy feel to the room.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Small and uncomfortable rooms. Terrible customer service....I felt like they were trying to soak us for every cent. We had a few problems and they refused to resolve them or even offer an alternate resolution. Under no circumstances would I recommed ever staying here.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2009

For $69.95+tax, last minute, overnight on a saturday. 1st floor room next to laundry and hot tub (which was great, no neighbors and we didnt hear a thing from the laundry room)

Pros:
- Friendly front desk girl.
- There's a small communal hot tub (we didnt use)
- Room very clean and the place doesnt smell at all.
- Clean linens.
- Breakfast included: belgian waffles (are great!), muffins, bagels, juice and coffee
- DVDs available to rent
- Pretty quiet

Cons:
- No view of the beach
- Not walking distance to beach either
- Bed not comfortable, like sleeping on a pile of cardboard.

We hardly stayed in the room. I would come back if I had to.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We payed 160.00 for our room. We assumed it would be at least decent. When we arrived to our room it was small smelt like covered up smoke and had the hardest bed and flatest pillows ever! My husband and I both agreed we had seen motel 6 rooms better then the 1 we stayed in. I am at the looking Glass Inn as we speek. For cheaper then Americas worst we have a jacuzzi fireplace king size bed and kitchen. Plus direct access to the beach. I do not recommend Americas worst to anyone who wants a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank magenwalter
ABIlincolncity, Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2008

Just so everyone knows America's best Inn and Suites is under new ownership. It is our main priority to make everyone's stay here a wonderful expierience. Please come by and see us again in the future.

Hotel Staff