“wished I could stay longer”

America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
seattle
“wished I could stay longer”
Reviewed December 20, 2006

I travel for business quite a bit and have stayed in small motels to 4 star hotels. This little place far exceeded my expectations. It was extremely clean, staff was kind and cheerful, and the rooms were comfortable and spotless. More importantly, the place was very affordable (49.99 tax)! Being very sensitive to chemicals and dust, I got an "Evergreen Rm" (air filter, water filter). It was wonderful! The next morning I was welcomed with the smell of fresh waffles in the morning! I am suprised to see those other reviews posted about the motel. Tourists and business travellers, ignore them! Will definitely be a return customer.

• Liked — customer service
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hillsboro Oregon
Reviewed November 2, 2006

This chain advertises healthy air, allergy free due to in roon filtration of air and water and a no smoke, no pets policy.

I checked in and had to leave that evening because it gave me a serious asthma attack. The very unpleasant owner /manager insisted that I pay for the night, even though the room was unused, and even lied to me about who she was! (I asked for the manager.)

Never again.

• Liked — no opinion
  • Disliked — Getting ill because they offer something they don't deliver
  • Tips/Secrets — don't go here if you have health concerns
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Gbono

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

Oregon
Reviewed June 29, 2006

Stayed there w/my wife and 2 yr. old, and the lack of a swimming pool was a disappointment for our son. The room itself was fine, but the hotel was probably not worth the amount of money we paid. There were other hotels for the same price (but better quality) that we would've booked in retrospect. The thing that just got me, though, was the perpetually annoyed demeanor of the two ladies (1 twentysomething, Sierra, and another, probably in her early 30s, forget her name) working the front desk. They weren't always blatantly rude, but just demonstrated a complete lack of enthusiasm/professionalism. The latter lady, upon my complaint that our room reeked of smoke, sneered at me and snapped that this was a non-smoking establishment, so what I said is basically impossible. Upon inspecting the room, she noted the obvious, that it was indeed smoke-laden, and at least switched us to another room, while muttering that she hoped the next incoming party would be OK w/a smoking room in a non-smoking hotel (and that they'd be assessed a $200 fine). Oh, and there was a hidden fee that expedia didn't mention that seemed fishy (I don't blame expedia for this, I blame the hotel). It wasn't miserable or anything, but definitely did not meet my expectations for the caliber this hotel supposedly was. Will I stay here again? Not unless it's for about 1/3 what I paid for it this time! No wonder it was virtually the only hotel expedia had left in Lincoln City for this date--people wised up and stayed away!...oh yeah, the continental breakfast was actually good! Look, this place isn't horrific or anything, just not quite what you'd expect from a decent hotel on the Oregon Coast--99% of 'em are very friendly and delightful! On a scale of 1-5, I'd give it a 2.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank quackerbacker
Rainier, Oregon
Reviewed July 18, 2005

One would think that the Do Not Disturb sign on the door would be self explanatory....I made reservations for a two night stay. When I checked in, I was unable to find my debit card. The front desk person was very nice and offered to just run my number, and told me I would find my card. I checked in and went straight to my room.. I did find my card, and planned to take it to the office the next day so they had proof and could charge the next nights stay. (I noticed only being billed for the first nights stay, and thought this was the norm because I was unable to produce my card.) The next day someone knocked on our door and said check out time was 11:00am. We said we did not want room service and had our do not disturb sign on the door. The next thing we knew someone (housekeeping) walked in our room. (while we were being intimate) We jumped up and noticed that the door was still ajar. A call came from the office telling us that check out time was 11:00 and we needed to leave. I told them we had reservations for 2 nights. The OWNER started arguing with me and said I had only reserved 1 night. She said another night would be $99.99. I told her that I had been quoted $84.99 for both nights. I ended up getting a room at the COHO INN which was GREAT!!!! It was only $10.00 more a night with a spectacular ocean view and no one bothering me!!! I have since called back and the front office lady that checked us in admitted a mistake had been made by her at the time of check in, but she was unable to get any discount from the OWNER. I felt like the owner was not concerned with CUSTOMER SATISFACTION...I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED

• Stayed July 2005
16 Thank _earlywine28
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 18, 2004

There are a number of motels along Hwy 101 in Lincoln City, OR. The Best in is towards the middle of town right off 101. It is not located on the beach and there is no view to speak of, which is a major negative if you are staying here for scenic beauty and to appreciate the ocean views. That being said, I negotiated a fairly good rate (for Lincoln City) of $49 for one night's stay on a Friday night in midwinter, 1/16/04. The room was nicely appointed with good furnishings and a large color t.v. with great reception and tons of cable channels including a movie channel. The room was absolutely spotless. Probably the cleanest motel room I have ever stayed in. The bed, pillows and sheets were very clean and comfortable. There was a microwave and refrig and coffeemaker in room. There was a spa and sauna but oddly no pool. The continental breakfast (included) was served in a pleasant breakfast room and was quite nice, including breads, cereal, bagels, fruit, coffee, and juice. A very good continental breakfast. The service was really good and the staff were all friendly. I really liked this motel but the lack of a view is a dissapointment.

• Stayed June 2004