“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great location and very clean. White bedding which is always a plus. Flat screen TV, fridge and coffee pot in the room. The Coffee and breakfast were acceptable for the price point. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShirlzWorld

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

First of all I paid for a room with a partial view but instead I got a full view -- of the parking lot. I'm not sure if that's more Expedia's fault though. Internet connection is pretty sketch. It took me like 2 hours to watch one episode of 20/20! I'll be shocked if I'm even able to post this review but I will still give it a shot. My cable wasn't working so I had to have an employee come up here which he seemed pretty irritated about (but maybe I'm just projecting). He said someone unplugged the connection -- maybe it was the lady on the slip of paper who signed her name to having cleaned my room (QC!) more than 7 days ago. Someone tried to use their key to get in my room and when I opened the door they apologized, which was great, but I still had to pause my show which confused it into thinking it shouldn't keep buffering and I had to wait like 6 minutes for it to start again. Overall, not impressed. Would not come back. However, please keep in mind I have not had the chance to sample their complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Rebecca D
ABIlincolncity, General Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We are terribly sorry for your confusion but we do not advertise that we have a partial or any view of anything. Please re-check your reservation and you will see that no one has been lied to.

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was pretty comfortable. Room was clean and bathroom was clean. We stayed on the 2nd floor and there wasn't an elevator which I found very odd! The continental breakfast was pretty sparse- waffles, bagels, and juice. But a good deal for the money!

Stayed June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed one night in the Inn! Fantastic mattress, good Wi-Fi and just Ok breakfast (American Style)!

Lucky for me - got this for $50.82. Price is from Sunday to Thursday until end May 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed here for three nights and received this room on Priceline. I thought I had done my research and knew which two-star I'd was bidding on, but was a little bit dismayed when this hotel came up initially, especially after reading the rather dismal reviews. However, it's not that bad at all.

Yes, the accommodations are Spartan. The room had a bed, a table, two rather uncomfortable chairs, a flat screen TV and a bathroom. A bonus was the microwave and refrigerator. However, Spartan should not be confused with dingy or unpleasant, as the room was neither of those. Everything was clean.

The breakfast definitely wasn't much (plain bagels, three types of cereal, whole milk, waffles, pastries, mixed orange juice and apple juice, and coffee), but the microwave allowed me to purchase oatmeal and paper bowls from the local Safeway for about $5 total.

It was a little eerie staying there on my first night, when I was the only car in the parking lot.

The property is on the wrong side of 101. Last time I was here, I ended up at the Motel 6 which is on the ocean side and it's amazing the difference over such a simple fact.

Outdoor running was mostly good, but you need to be prepared for hills no matter what. Cross 101 and go two blocks north, turn onto 12th, then right onto Harbor, right on 21st, and left onto Jetty and you got yourself anywhere from a 4-8 mile roundtrip run away from congestion (can go all the way up to Roads End area from there without approaching 101). But again, be prepared for hills.

Overall, this is a value inn and one should expect no frills in exchange for the great price. It definitely lives up to that, without the scum/dirt and vagabond population that usually haunts such properties. Come here if you're looking to be out and about during the day; don't if you're looking for a romantic stay-in getaway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Mark F
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

This hotel is not as advertised. Old scary carpet in the room. Our room had the smell of some cleanser and maybe old smoke. When we got home my clothes still smelled like the hotel room. I have stayed in much nicer hotels in this town for the same price. The person who greeted us at check -in seemed put out when we needed helped. Refused to give give me extra towels when I asked. We didn't even bother with the breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the front are probably quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank David G
Surrey, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My wife and I stopped here after a long trip along the Oregon Coast.

Pros
The front desk person came to fix the clogged toilet quickly.
Spacious hallways

Cons
The spa was a joke.
The "suite" appeared to be just a regular room
The back door to the parking area didn't lock
Overpriced !
We don't recommend staying in Lincoln City
No pool, just a hot tub in a tiny, dark room..
Friendly old lady at front desk but take she says with a grain of salt.

Room Tip: Avoid this property
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple