“Average Hotel with decent rates”

America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has average rooms, average amenities, less than average breakfast bar, with good rates.

My first impression: when I first got to my room the door was ajar and didnt shut unless you pulled on it. I assume housekeeping left the door open and it looked like an easy mistake to make. This didn't make me feel secure about leaving my stuff in the hotel while I was away. I worried that housekeeping would again not shut my door and I would come back to the room with my stuff stolen. I ended up solving this problem by putting the "do not disturb" sign on my door to keep housekeeping out of my room.

The room: I had a twin bed room, tv was small (but I didn't come here for the tv, so not a big deal) the microwave was puny and the bathroom was dingy (but not so bad that it was a problem). The floor had stains and could use a stream cleaning.

Lobby: Clean and well maintained (I wish my room was as nice). There were DVDs to rent at $4 a night in the lobby, this struck me as out dated and "amateur". The movies were older and the selection was poor.

Breakfast bar: Very lacking. The staff puts out a 1 gallon jug of 2% milk on ice for guests to share, bananas, blueberry bread, Cheerios, Rasin Bran, apple juice, orange juice, bagels, cream cheese, waffles (staff will not allow guests to operate the waffle maker) and pancake syrup (for the waffles). There were the one ply paper plates to put your breakfast on. One of the most "economic" hotel breakfasts I have experienced. They would do better by putting more effort into their breakfast bar.

Staff: Nice. The front desk clerks were professional and housekeeping was very friendly. The maids always said "hi" and wished us well when we saw them. You could tell they were really nice people. I have absolutely no complaints about the staff.

Value: You get what you pay for here. This hotel is cheaper than it's competitors and the reason why is location (they are not right on the beach) and the hotel is dated with not much effort on maintenance and upkeep (but still clean enough).

If I were to return, I would probably stay here again. It's a decent bargain for the price. If your looking for a bargain hotel and are not too picky about the details then this just might be the right hotel for you.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sitka54
ABIlincolncity, Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your honest opinion of our hotel and we appreciate your suggestions. I would add that our breakfast is comparable to our comp. set and hotels that include hot items such as eggs and sausage tend to be $30 to $40 more per night. Also we have two TV sizes, 32inch and 40inch HD flat screens.

There are newer reviews for America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was not what we expected from our online booking. There is no longer a pool at this hotel, the hot tub room is locked and you have to get a key from the front desk--which no one is really around for... Upon arrival we were told that our rooms a/c was out but they had a regular box fan we could use. Considering it was going to be in the upper 80's all weekend--we weren't excited about this. We asked to be switched to a new room but they said they place was booked. Yet, the vacancy sign was on...and later that night while scoping out the movies they rented out for $4 each we saw a walk-in guest. Most places have a book in the room that tells you about cool things to do in the area, restaurant suggestion, perhaps a tv channel guide and hours of breakfast...we were bummed the room didn't have this. Especially for being a tourist town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank E F
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I got this room for a very low price ($46 a night). I must have gotten one of the older rooms, however, because the room was long past its prime. It was a little scary. The mattress and box spring were a frightening shade of orange-grey. The bed looked like it was caved in, and the bedspread was filthy. When I pulled it off the bed there was a large black insect leg stuck to it. There were also hairs on my sheets...both head hair and unmentionable hair. When I sat at the table to eat, my sleeves kept sticking to the table so I took a washcloth and wiped the table...the washcloth came away filthy. So I just cleaned the room myself.
As for amenities, the room had a fridge and microwave, tiny coffee pot, and a nice TV. The room even had an ironing board and iron, and a hair dryer. The bathroom was very clean even tho the sink and tub were cracked, chipped, and stained. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and I enjoyed the comforter between two flat sheets. There were three pillows--plenty for me. The room was quite spacious and I liked that the windows could open.
The pipes were loud thru the walls and there was an awful groaning in my room whenever my neighbor ran the water. But it's an older hotel; that's what ear plugs are for.
The front desk staff were helpful and courteous, as were the cleaning staff. I'm mystified as to why my room was so dirty. But other than the cleanliness issue, everything else was good. At this point I'm not sure if I would stay there again. I'd want to check the room for cleanliness first.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 210
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2013

A very quiet place, but located close to US101.
We were travelling US101 from Canada to San Francisco and stayed one night in Lincoln.

the hotel itself has already serviced for some years but is still in rather good shape.
a big plus is the indoor jarcuzzi and sauna - you just have to make sure that the sauna is turned on early enough to enjoy the heat.

the continental breakfast is rather limited (no yoghurt, oatmeal, ...) but was okay for the total price we paid.

we had a very friendly and attentive lady at the reception when we arrived who helped us where needed and also took care that everything (including the breakfast room) remained nice, clean and tidy. she also made waffles and tea for her guests.

Room Tip: rooms to the parking lot on the backside are very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KoMartinP
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First of all, when we arrived, it seemed like all the windows in the building were open. I guess they were airing the place out. Fresh air is good but it was about 40 degrees outside. Once in the room, I immediately closed the window and turned on the heat. I checked out the bathroom and noticed there was only one towel, so I went to the front desk to ask for more. The lady at the desk took me down the hall where she handed me 1 towel. I told her I would need more than that because I wrap my hair in one and my husband might like a dry one for himself. Then she handed me another and said "so now you have four?" I corrected her because 1 + 2 = 3 last time I checked and I didn't want to get accused of stealing a towel. We then went out for the evening, returning fairly late, I got ready for bed. It was then that I noticed there was no comforter on the bed. At this hour, I didn't want to go back to the front desk in my nightshirt to ask for a blanket. So we turned up the heat again. This dried up my sinuses, I cannot sleep with heat blowing directly on me. Plus the bed was very uncomfortable. When I took a shower, it was also disappointing as I prefer hot water to luke warm. There was only enough coffee in the room to make one cup. So we decided with the steady flow of let downs to skip the free breakfast and go out for a nice freshly cooked meal. We vow to never stay at this hotel again.

4  Thank Chris F
ABIlincolncity, General Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

We are so sorry you only had one towel in your room, we normally have two towel sets in each of our single bed rooms and three sets in the two queens rooms. Now unless you mentioned that your room only had one set (which you did not) to the woman you spoke with why would she think you only had 1+2 towels. She believed you had 2+2 towels which = 4 last time I checked and no one was accused of stealing anything. We are also sorry that you felt the bed was uncomfortable. The next morning your husband mentioned that you could find the comforter I expained to him that we use duvets and triple sheet our beds, this means the duvet is folded into two flat sheets on top of the fitted sheet. Your husband got a laugh out of this but I guest he didn't explain this to you. Perhaps calling the front desk instead of going to the front desk in your night shirt may have saved you some grief. We received no complaints about not having hot water from any guests (including youself) while you stayed with us and most of your issues were never brought to the hotels attention, so the hotel could not attempt to find a resalution.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here last night for a quick weekend getaway at the coast. I made a reservation based solely on the price and this hotel offered a great deal. I was very pleased upon arrival, our room was very clean and spacious. We had amenities not found at other hotels like a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. The nicest feature was that the whole building had a water filtration system so we had filtered drinking water available in our room as well.

The front desk attendants were very courteous and kind. I did not take a look at the continental breakfast, but I would definitely stay here again and/or recommend this for anyone who is looking for a good price!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The rooms are good- clean, well laid out, decent bed, and good facilities (including microwave, iron & board, filtered water in bathroom...). Rooms have dvd players, which is weird but useful I guess.