“Love this place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
portland,oregon
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Please don't stay here it is our little discovery. We have been going for 5 years now and if everyone knows about this great place there will not be room for us.

Visited May 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Great Food, Free Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The breakfasts are great -- I highly recommend the pancake -- and are free if you're a guest at the hotel. Dinner is very good, and very reasonably priced. Great service, friendly staff.

Visited May 2013
Redmond, Washington
“large quantity, down-home cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

They are always trying out new dishes. The food is plentiful. They worked around my food allergies. It was great to eat somewhere that I could trust to cook for my needs.

Visited June 2013
“Very homey!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We got a cabin for two nights stay. The place is really cozy, the staff are friendly and will really try to make you feel comfortable, value for money is really good!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Beck C
“Like No Place Else In The World”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

My sister recently passed away unexpectedly and as I reflected on her life and this, our mutual favorite destination, I felt moved to write a review of our experience at Lincoln City's Historic Anchor Inn.

My family has stayed at the Historic Anchor Inn more times than I can count. From the first moment I laid eyes on the whimsical decor, the enchanted hallways, and the intriguing nooks and crannies of this hidden treasure, I was in love. I know this will sound like an impossibly overstated report, but there really are no words that would be adequate to describe the profound affect that this place has on the spirit of it's guests.

Kip is the owner of the Historic Anchor Inn and he is the Visionary responsible for the creation of such a unique sanctuary. Bringing to life a Vision like this is truly an art, and Hospitality is the medium. Kip's efforts are perfectly complimented by Misty and the rest of the support staff. More than a team, they seem to be almost family, and they treat each guest as such as well.

Traveling in the United States, and also internationally, is a predominant part of my career. I have stayed in some of the more unique and prestigious destinations available. Nothing has ever compared to the visits I have cherished at the Anchor. More than a place of lodging, each opportunity I have had to stay has touched my soul. There is a substance to every corner of the property. I have had the privilege of sharing my discovery with my family and friends over the years. They have fallen just as deeply in love with this incredible respite. (It really wasn't a hard sell.)

I have confidence that anyone who enjoys an authentic retreat from a sterile and corporate society will find the same to be true for them when they stay here. There seems, to me, to be something divinely inspired, perhaps even "anointed" here. The only sad truth is that places like this seem unlikely to last forever.

I would hope there would always be a Historic Anchor Inn sanctuary for life weary travelers and refugees. I am soberly aware this seems unlikely. All good things must come to an end, they say. I sincerely hope that this may be that rare exception. But you should not take that chance.

I would urge anyone to experience this place for yourself while you still can. Slow down. Let it's historic "haunted" hallways draw you back to a less complicated time. Let the surroundings touch your heart with Peace as it has mine. You will be glad you did.

Visited March 2012