“I eat J's fish & chips nearly every week!”
Review of J's Fish & Chips

J's Fish & Chips
Ranked #14 of 110 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: This restaurant was previously listed on Trip Advisor and now it isn't. We found it by using Trip Advisor. Recently we were visiting Lincoln City and thought we would check their latest reviews before going back and found they weren't listed, although we drove by and they were obvioulsy open and doing business.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've worked evening shift at the front desk of a local motel every weekend for almost 8 years, and J's Fish & Chips is definitely one of the places I recommend to guests who want yummy seafood. My co-worker and I call and order two cod baskets with salt & pepper potato chips almost every Saturday night. I've also had the halibut and the albacore tuna, which were very good--but the cod is my favorite so far. (One of these days, I'll try the rockfish or lingcod.) The owner and his wife, Jeff and Carol, are always friendly even though they work so hard. They get in fresh Pacific fish everyday and bread it right on the premises.

This is a small, family-owned and run place where the hot, crispy fish and potato chips are always worth waiting for. It's so fresh that it never tastes 'fishy.' If you have children and need fast food, this isn't the place for you--unless you've called in your order ahead of time and then pick it up on your way back to wherever you're staying.

2  Thank JanRadclyffe

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great Panko covered fish cooked just for you. They use excellent fresh fish and serve it as soon as it cooked so every piece is hot, juicy, crispy, and not one bit greasy. The trick is that they do each order as it comes in and apparently don't have the capacity to cook much fish at a time so a few orders will swamp them. Then you will have to wait about 45 minutes. It is small with no atmosphere and barely any heat. Plastic forks and baskets. We went at three in the afternoon and our order went in right away. They close when they run out of fish and open at 11:30. Definitely a bargain. My locally caught ling cod basket was nine dollars.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I'm a bit of a Fish 'n Chips snob. This was excellent! From the freshly breaded perfectly cooked Halibut to the hot crispy curly fries to the fresh cole slaw . . . YUM!

1  Thank Eap7376
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Fresh hot, well cooked, non greasy seafood. Not long on atmosphere. They don't even have coffee though they do have soda, But they have quality food, decent portions and reasonable prices...thumbs up!

1  Thank NancyT505
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We had the halibut...it was very good and very fresh tasting...and a very good price...we got 10 pieces of halibut coleslaw and a huge pile of curly fries and 4 drinks 35 bucks...great deal...the scanlon family will be back for more....thank you......

1  Thank stormchaser322