“It's a must stop along the Oregon coast”
Review of J's Fish & Chips

J's Fish & Chips
Ranked #8 of 106 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: This restaurant was previously listed on Trip Advisor and now it isn't. We found it by using Trip Advisor. Recently we were visiting Lincoln City and thought we would check their latest reviews before going back and found they weren't listed, although we drove by and they were obvioulsy open and doing business.
Portland, Oregon
“It's a must stop along the Oregon coast”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Whenever we go to the Oregon coast, we indefinately try to eat some fresh seafood and I'm always disappointed by the selection, quality or price. Not anymore - J's Fish and Chips hits on all 3 cylinders!

We arrived starving and were immediately greated and consulted on our menu choices. All 3 of us ordered the 4 piece combo with shrimp, halibut and cod served with your choice of sides (traditional french fries, curly fries and homemade potato chips). Their batter is light and textured, truely amazing! My first round of chips came out a little soggy and they offered to refire them without me even asking. Definately go with the homemade chips - they are delicious!

We also sampled their chower which was favorful. J's Fish and Chips is now a destination whenever we head to the beach!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank lindsaylittlejohn

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Don't judge this book by it's cover”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

When my family and I walked up to this restaurant, we gave each other a look that said fine dining? No. Then as we walked into the restaurant a nice friendly feeling occurred . Authentic smiles were on all the workers faces as they greeted us and let us chose a table. We got our food within 5 minutes.But now it was time for the category that matters the most. Food. I chose freshly my caught tuna. It filled my mouth with flavor. I left the restaurant with a great feeling in both my mouth and my heart.

1 Thank Nashvilletrav
“Good fresh fish. Super small location though.”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We went there only based on the other reviews. We had took our 2 young children. There are maybe 10tables so you may have to wait, but we got a table by the time our food was served. The fish was fresh and cooked good. The kids had chicken strips. And the chowder was good. We will go back.

1 Thank Jenllewis
Forest Grove, Oregon
“Best Fish and Chips in Lincoln City”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We decided to take a trip at the last minute to Lincoln City and my wife was having a craving for fish. We checked TripAdvisor and saw that this place was listed 2nd in Lincoln City. We stopped by on our way into town and I asked for a menu but the person at the counter was out. She reached into the kitchen and pulled the original off of the wall and handed it to me. How nice! We ended up calling back to order the Family Cod Basket. It was awesome! The cod was lightly breaded and was very flakey. The curly fries were not greasy and had the perfect amount of seasoning on them. The coleslaw was very light and had a wonderful taste with just a little bit of spice. We will be coming back soon!

I saw a few complaints about the ambience on here and the place is very small with only a few tables. This is perfect for a place like this. I loved it!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Benjamin M
“Great food & great service”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

The food was very good. Fish & chips & shrimp all cooked FRESH. Super clam chowder. Atmosphere is definite "Hole in he wall", but I didn't go there for the ambiance. All was clean, just not fancy. Friendly and efficient service, even when my son spilled his pop. Don't miss a chance to eat at J's'

1 Thank Swimgymdad