“Nothing Special” 2 of 5 bubbles

J's Fish & Chips
Ranked #8 of 105 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This restaurant was previously listed on Trip Advisor and now it isn't. We found it by using Trip Advisor. Recently we were visiting Lincoln City and thought we would check their latest reviews before going back and found they weren't listed, although we drove by and they were obvioulsy open and doing business.
Abbotsford, Canada
“Nothing Special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

Don't know what all the hype is about. 9 cheap tables, washroom outback, food served in a basket, closes early.....So so experience. I don't know why others give it such a high rating.

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
divefordollars, Owner at J's Fish & Chips, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Sorry you were not impressed with your experience at my place. We concentrate on the food quality more so than the decor, as I feel this is more important to the customer. As for value, I assure you that a two star rating is well below our value in comparison to every other restaurant in the Lincoln City area.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

We never would have stopped by if it weren't for the reviews. Great baked seafood!

Hillsboro, OR
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good - Yes, The best - No”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

My wife and I were going to be staying in the Lincoln City area and I figured that I should find a good seafood place for the evening's meal.

After reading all the great reviews for J's Fish & Chips I decided to partake in their fair.

What was ordered:

- 3 Piece Halibut Basket with fries.
- 4 Piece Basket (1 Halibut, 1 Cod and 2 Shrimp) with chips.

The Good:

- The food was really good.
- The service was friendly.
- The price was very reasonable.

The Bad:

- The ambiance isn't anything to write home about although I wasn't going there for the scenery.

Final Verdict:

- Would I eat here again? - Yes, although I would try some of their other menu items.
- Would I recomend this location? - Yes.
- Is it the best fish and chips I've ever had? - No, although it was good, fast and at a decent price.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank schwarztrader
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

My brother really wanted some fish and chips, so we stopped here. The fish is to die for. Atmosphere and service is great. I highly recommend coming here.

2 Thank Angieklima
Salem, Oregon
“Great fish shack”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

this is a great place to get fish, fries, and chowder. there is now wait staff, just the person who freshly fries your food and the atmosphere is nonexistant. That said, it is the best fish I have had in a long time. You can tell from the outside it is just a fish shack and not a 5 star restaurant with romantic ambiance. A great place for casual dining and for families.

• Visited May 2011