“Sushi was good, the added charges weren't”

Momiji Japanese & Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 108 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Took my family out for sushi on week day. Seemed to be training a new guy and service was slowwwww. After placing our orders, everything started to come out pretty quick and all looked very good. We each sampled each others dishes and they all were very good. end of meal came and the check arrived, when I opened it...it seemed way higher than expected. I asked for a itemized receipt and he hesitantly provided it.
Found that they had added their own tip in, but neglected to tell me this when they presented the blank tip line on the receipt itself. I felt that was wrong to add in the tip and not tell me...(hoping for a double dip maybe?) and service wasn't worth the $15 they charged me. Unfortunately, this will be the last time I go, only because of the self tipping.

2  Thank divefordollars
There are newer reviews for Momiji Japanese & Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Went to Momiji during outlet mall shopping. Staff was very friendly. Restaurant appears dingy and not kept up to par with cleanliness. We only tried the Chinese dishes and ordered multiple kinds of chicken, broccoli beef and pan friend noodles. Beef and noodles were good but all of the chicken dishes, i.e. Orange Chicken, General's Chicken, Sweet n Sour Chicken was pretty bland. It was all the same chicken covered in a measly amount of sauce. Definitely not up to par with Chinese Chicken dishes that I have had in the past. I would not eat there again but my wife and I did not try the Japanese dishes or sushi.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Our family went out to eat here after shopping at the outlet mall. It was delicious food and our server was great! We had chicken yakisoba which was delicious and a large portion. We also got some sushi which was delicious as well. The pepsi was abnormally amazing, too!!! Loved it!

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Great Japanese/Chinese food. Very friendly staff. Decent prices

Reviewed May 18, 2011

We had a terrific meal of asparagus chicken, vegetable tempura and vegetable sushi roll. Service was quick and friendly. Price very reasonable. Generous portions. Located in the outlet mall. Loved it all!