“Funky and quaint”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Historic Anchor Inn
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I wanted to stay somewhere different than a 5 star hotel on the beach. My search brought me to the Anchor and I was not disappointed. Free DVD rentals and they have a lot, free afternoon popcorn and a breakfast made to order at a great price. I had a small "suite" with a living room and separate bedroom. It's a very short walk to the beach and the furnishings are so funky. I had a fake fireplace, coffee beans , grinder, coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave, and two
flat screen TVs. Not bad and a great price. If you want something a little different, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here one night but would happily stay longer and definitely again! We enjoyed a suite in the main inn, popcorn in the entry area, fresh ground coffee in our room, a walk through the campfire area and garden, fabulous breakfast and great hospitality. The inn was very clean, we'll run, full of interesting memorabilia, with access to community kitchen, game room, reading lounge, and other shared spaces. Dogs are welcome in the rooms accessed from outside areas. Oh, and great rates. Maybe not for everyone, but definitely for us!

Room Tip: All rooms I saw looked great. Each one decorated differently, set up w a sitting room, corridor bat...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Again I say if you can do without the pool, spa and fitness room. The Historic Anchor Inn in Lincoln City is just the bomb!!!! Very fair rates so you have plenty of $ for other Oregon coast attractions and entertainment. Take full advantage of the free complimentary breakfast! There are usually just 2 courses, but both are very good. My last stay featured a breakfast enchilada, home fries and toast or Kip's famous plate size pancakes. The pancakes are the thinnest-fluffiest-most flavorful pancake I have ever tasted. Though all the rooms at the Anchor Inn are very cool, my friends and family really love the cabin rooms the most. Love the decor!!! So eclectic. Nautical theme mixed with everything else. Too cool. When my wife and I's careers are slow to give deserved raises in pay and many other hotels in Lincoln City just keep upping their rates ( pricing us out basically ), The Historic Anchor Inn appears to understand that the Lower and Middle class need an Oregon coast hotel that understands and cares! I can't thank this hotel enough. Hope they are around for years to come and don't change a thing. Did I mention that they are pet friendly? Good for couples, family,friends and solo!

Room Tip: Ask about the cabin rooms first. If not available, the lodge rooms are cool too.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Taylor H
Reviewed September 10, 2013

There's something authentic and wonderful about the Historic Anchor Inn... true to the hospitable nature of the Oregon Coast. Don't go expecting the Hilton, go expecting to feel like you actually visited a very special place... with a charming and thoughtful welcome mat. Great to hang out in and meet people in the dining room... great to launch adventures from. My wife and I were charmed by the place and cared for by the thoughtful owners and staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan P
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Having stayed at several motels in Lincoln City and after several overnight and weeklong stays at the Anchor I only wish motels in this tradition were still the norm across America. The staff is unbelievably friendly, courteous helpful and kind. The rooms and entire property are a work of art and love; every room is a masterpiece. No; there isn't a pool. No; there isn't a bellman in a red coat standing on a red carpet waiting for a ten-spot to lift your suitcase from your trunk. No; there isn't fancy froo froo for folks who can't survive in motel rooms more than a year old that look like stripmalls with beds and issue frequent sleeper cards. It DOES have impeccably clean rooms, wifi, free movie rentals, free cookies and popcorn, studio-like kitchenette corners in every room, some great reading and lounging areas, QUIET, great breakfasts and occasional hearty evening meals. Did I mention how friendly and courteous the staff is? You stay with them and you are treated like family (and like family, if you are being naughty, you might be asked to be nicer). If you want a room here, though, call early; folks know what a great place this is at a great price. And if you like books, the place is packed with them and is a favorite hang out of many top notch authors. I feel conflicted writing this review, only because I don't want you competing with me for a reservation when I plan to stay in Lincoln City.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Bob S
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Anchor is excellent in its originality. The rooms aren't your bland sameness of Motel 6 or Hilton. And every Anchor room is different, different names, and themes. For all the antiques and interesting pictures on the walls, this place is very clean.

And the place is dog friendly!

There's a shared kitchen upstairs, but other rooms/cabins offer coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave. I've stayed at the Anchor numerous times over the years.

Great breakfast and short walk to the beach. Excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Robvagle
Reviewed September 7, 2013

While I've stayed at the Anchor numerous times, the last was was with my husband and 6 month-old daughter and like always we had a wonderful time. The staff at the Anchor are fabulous and very understanding - especially when you've got a baby that small. They're always asking about my family, especially if my husband and I had to take breakfast in 'turns' to work around our daughter's nap. They had no problem keeping the grill open just to serve one-sleepy-parent-late-arrival. And speaking of the wonderful food, when I was pregnant the staff had no problem bringing me second helpings and always made sure I had enough to eat! I can't see how you'd get family service like that anywhere else, to be honest.

Like always, they welcomed us like we were part of their family. This is one destination I'll continually be coming back to through the years to share with MY family.

Room Tip: Ask for the family cabin. It's nice too, knowing if your small child has a rough night you won...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family