“Great for families”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Historic Anchor Inn
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed September 7, 2013

While I've stayed at the Anchor numerous times, the last was was with my husband and 6 month-old daughter and like always we had a wonderful time. The staff at the Anchor are fabulous and very understanding - especially when you've got a baby that small. They're always asking about my family, especially if my husband and I had to take breakfast in 'turns' to work around our daughter's nap. They had no problem keeping the grill open just to serve one-sleepy-parent-late-arrival. And speaking of the wonderful food, when I was pregnant the staff had no problem bringing me second helpings and always made sure I had enough to eat! I can't see how you'd get family service like that anywhere else, to be honest.

Like always, they welcomed us like we were part of their family. This is one destination I'll continually be coming back to through the years to share with MY family.

Room Tip: Ask for the family cabin. It's nice too, knowing if your small child has a rough night you won...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chrissy W
There are newer reviews for Historic Anchor Inn

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Anchor Inn is a home away from home. We always get a warm welcome from the people working there, especially Kip the owner. It's an interesting quirky place filled with antiques and collectables. The rooms are comfortable and cozy. The breakfasts are legendary, try the pancakes their incredible. Good food with good friends.

Room Tip: I really like the cabins. It feels like you have your own little home.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Russ C
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was my third stay at the Anchor. Misty on the front desk remembered me, and everyone there was consistently friendly and helpful. This time I stayed in one of the cabins, and got more than twice the space (a huge living area, two bedrooms and a bathroom) for about a third the cost of a standard room at a chain hotel. The room was near the highway, but although I could hear traffic at night if I listened for it, it was never bothersome, nor did it ever interrupt my sleep.

Every room has a coffee maker with whole beans and a grinder -- no ancient packets of pre-ground powder here. If you need more beans, ask and you're given more for free.

The free wifi has been upgraded and worked very well during this stay. The breakfasts are excellent -- the pancake, served daily, is wonderful, and I could happily eat one every day. There's free popcorn in the main building, and free DVDs to watch in your room if you have time (which I never have) but the collection appears extensive.

I have two more stays scheduled at the Anchor, one in October and one in the spring, and I'm looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Angela P
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've stayed at The Historic Anchor Inn at least half a dozen times over the past few years. It's always like a home-away-from home for me. The rooms are large and clean. The staff is friendly and excellent--they'll take great care of you. There are books in every room and in every hallway as well. They'll also accommodate pets. And the breakfasts! I can't eat the pancakes (serious gluten issues) but they'll make me a gluten-free breakfast. It's heaven! I would recommend this place if you're looking for a unique, friendly, comfortable get away. If you're looking for the Hilton, well, there's one of those down the street.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank lcutter
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've stayed at the Historic Anchor Inn several times, twice so far this year, and I always look forward to it. The food is delicious (make sure to ask for vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free versions, as needed. My favourite is the spring rolls). I like to stay inside the Inn itself, instead of the cabins, because the rooms tend to be a little brighter, but my friends with kids or pets prefer the privacy of the cabins. The owners keep upgrading the rooms, so now each room has a microwave and a mini-fridge, there's a whole deck on the second floor where I wrote and practiced yoga, and a back area with a garden that leads to a road to the ocean. And, best of all, the owners are wonderful, more like family than a business.

I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Lincoln City, if I had a choice. But then, I'm the kind of person who likes to support good people and small businesses, and that's more important to me than, say, 100 percent stable Wifi. If you go, don't go to inspect the linen. Go with curiosity, and expect quirky decor, yummy food, and the best kind of hospitality.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the end of the inn, facing the garden.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Melissa Y
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Whenever I'm in Lincoln City, I make a point of staying at The Anchor. There's a reason The Anchor is The Historic Anchor Inn. The place is old school, right down to making their guests feel like they've found a home away from home. The rooms aren't simply rooms, but more like mini-suites, each one decorated on a theme with tons of unique, quirky, and whimsical items. And books. There are books everywhere, which I love. The breakfasts are AMAZING, and the staff (I feel odd calling them staff because they're more like friends) are the best.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Annie R
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've been to the Anchor Inn at least four times in the last four years.

I look forward to staying there again because I don't like the "big-box hotels" where every room is the same impersonal space. I love places that feel like a "home away from home" and this is it.

The moment you arrive, the sight of a boat in the front courtyard tells you this place isn't the typical bland lodging experience. Historic Anchor Inn is the very definition of cozy, playful, imaginative, and above all welcoming. Staying there is a vacation in and of itself.

The eclectic environment: is a breath of fresh air. Each room or cabin is intriguing and clean. One room had an antique organ, another was delightfully nautical – all are packed with antiques, one-of-a-kinds, and really comfy beds with soft linens and quilts. Remember the little coffee makers in hotels that make precisely one cup of horrible coffee? That doesn't happen here. In my rooms I had a real coffee maker, fresh whole beans, and a grinder... a coffee lovers dream. Every morning I woke up to steamy cup of bliss. There is even a real kitchen down the hall where you can use the fridge and cook up something when you don't feel like going out.

Prepare to be welcomed: Fresh baked cookies are available for guests. Bookshelves filled with an enormous variety of books line the halls and invite you to get lost in a good read while you are there. The gardens filled with flowers and herbs are peaceful. Videos are also available...and so is hot fresh popcorn. Speaking of food...

The food: is wonderful and individually prepared of fresh quality ingredients by someone who is hands down a master in the kitchen. One option for breakfast is their signature pancake. Yes, it is just one, but it is enormous, delicious, and very filling.

The staff: makes you feel like your experience matters to them because it does.I can't say enough about these remarkable people. They are welcoming, friendly, and so much fun. During Halloween their costumes and personalities made the day. By the time you leave, they will all feel like friends.

I go to the Anchor Inn to explore the area, for business and vacation time, to read, to relax, and to write. I couldn't ask for a better place to stay. This is simply the best lodging ever. It certainly is #1 on my list.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Tell the staff ahead of time about your taste and interests. They will do their best to find you a r...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business