“feast for the eyes and the heart”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Historic Anchor Inn
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed September 5, 2013

From the first time I stepped into the lobby, I knew I was somewhere special. Each room I've had was filled with personality, history, and no small amount of whimsy and oddity. The folks at the Anchor made me feel so at home that after only three stays, they felt like family. On my first stay someone took an extra moment when cleaning my room to prop a stuffed animal I'd bought in a cute pose on my bed. On my second, someone remembered what kind of creamer I like and brought it out to me before I even asked. By my third, checking in felt like coming home.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank Cindie G

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Anchor Inn twice, and both times were wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpful, the breakfasts are KILLER good, and the rooms are charming and a little old-school, with great touches and very interesting decor.

If you're looking for a basic, bland hotel experience, I'd recommend you stay elsewhere. Instead of generic soap, the Anchor has fabulous little handmade soap bars. Instead of boring decor, you might get lucky enough to find a secret galaxy painted on your bedroom ceiling. :) The Anchor is a place for artists, free spirits, and those who like things with character and charm.

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have tubs, but some do. Request one if large quantities of warm water are importan...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank Anthea L
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Reading the reviews I thought this might be a fun place to stay. I booked us for 2 nights in a "two bedroom cabin" . One of the beds is in the front room with the TV, there is no chair so if you want to watch television you will all have to pile on the bed. The other bed is in a room barely bigger than the bed. The beds are uncomfortable, the pillows are flat, the sheets are old. The shower is dark and don't drop the soap because there is not enough room to bend over and pick it up. After being in the room for a half an hour my husband went and cancelled the reservation for our second night. Breakfast was greasy potatoes and eggs. The decor crosses the line from vintage to just plain junky. My advice is to skip the Historic Anchor Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I come from New Zealand and stayed at the inn three years ago with my girlfriend. We loved it so much we brought our husbands this time and they loved it straight away too. I think it is the best kept secret on the coast! You could stay here even in the winter and never have to leave the building - there is so much to look at, there is a place to play cards, a small bar to chill out in with friends - with background music but still allows you to chat!, somewhere for a quiet read, a deck to sit out on with a book and a good wine, a garden to sit in, freshly baked cookies on the mantlepiece, it's close to the beach, handy to a restaurant with good music. The food and the staff are excellent and laid back. If we lived in Oregon we'd be regularly going to the Inn!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
13  Thank onepu131
Reviewed August 2, 2013

What a funky place. All the antiques or junk, as you whish to call them. Great place. The breakfast cooked by the owner was superb.
There is a restaurant next door, The Red Barn 101. Great happy hour appetizers and drinks.
No need to drink and drive.
Great experience. I'll stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed at the main building. I loved it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Jesse G
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We love the Anchor Inn! Cute rooms, dog friendly and the staff is warm and friendly. The owners Kip and Candi have put a lot of work in to the place. They now have a great back yard, chickens and a fire pit - it just keeps getting better.

Room Tip: Biggest rooms (1 & 12) are spacious but closer to 101
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank PF_Portland
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

2nd time here. Dog friendly. Lots of space and charm. Whole bean coffee in room. Tasty breakfast included. Outstanding collection of nautical artifacts. Short walk to beach. Make sure you check out the back garden. We will come back again.

• Stayed: July 2013