“What a great find!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Historic Anchor Inn
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
“What a great find!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stumbled on this old inn purely by chance and we both just loved it! Every nook and cranney is filled with unique and interesting bits and pieces, some historical, some charming, and some just weird. So much better than a chain that is always the same. Cost was great value too and the hot breakfast was also delicious, as was the free hot popcorn on arrival. Staff were friendly and more than helpful, wish there were more places like this around.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vickie F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New Ulm, Minnesota
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the Anchor in mid-June and had a wonderful experience. The breakfast was fantastic (thanks again Kip and Misty!) and the room was excellent. A very comfortable place to stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank DKH0630
Modesto, Ca
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I had an excellent stay at the Historic Anchor Inn. The staff was wonderful and friendly. The decor was fabulous. The breakfast was free, hot, and better than if we had gone out to eat. I couldn't believe that I had paid more to stay at mediocre hotels in the past with indifferent staff, and bland decorations, when I could have stayed here.

I went with my boyfriend for the weekend and it was super romantic. Also had dinner there and it was top noch authentic italian cuisine at very affordable price. Not to mention that the resturaunt area is gorgous. I couldn't believe it. It made my vacation.

This is my place from now on.

Room Tip: The outdoor rooms are great for pets and family. I recommend the indoor rooms though for a more roma...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lisa W
eugene, or
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed at the Historic Anchor Inn with my BF and our black lab. The rooms are cozy and very comfortable. Even though we stayed close to the highway, it was surprisingly quiet. The staff are superbly friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is included with your room, and we had ham and cheese quiche that was to die for. I would recommend the Historic Anchor Inn to anyone who likes a charming and friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jklupenger
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I just returned today from a one night stay at the Historic Anchor Inn. And what a great place it is. I've lived in Oregon all my life, and we go to/thru Lincoln City probably at least once a month. I've driven by the Anchor Inn hundreds of times, and from the road I always thought, "what a dump!" But, thanks to TA I saw all the good reviews and I figured what the heck, we'll try it for a night. What a nice surprise. We had a second floor room (Thames) in the main building. It consisted of a living room decorated with lots of neat antiques, a bathroom separating the living room and bedroom, and the bedroom. The bed was extremely comfortable. We collect antiques and live in a 1940s home ourselves so the Anchor reminded me of home. It's very well decorated with period pieces, and very, very clean. They have a nice selection of DVDs and each room appears to have newer flat screen TV and DVD player. The lobby area was very cool, lots of antiques, and the staff were super friendly. We've travelled all over the world and I have to say that the Anchor is the best value for the money I've ever experienced. And the free breakfast couldn't have been better (thanks Misty). The restaurant area is super charming, and like the rest of the property full of antiques. We stayed on a Sunday night and to my disbelief we were the only tenants on the second floor so we had it all to ourselves. There is a nice common area with couches, chairs, and a very large screen TV (and or course more antiques). There was also a neat little greenhouse type room and outdoor deck on our floor which would be nice in the summer, and a shared kitchen area where you could cook your own meals. They serve dinner a few nights a week which I will definately try the next time we stay. It's not right on the beach so if you want an ocean view you'd best you go someplace else, and you can literally be at the beach in only a few minutes drive from the Inn. But in Lincoln City (and pretty much the entire Oregon coast) best of luck finding something nicer that's so affordable. So there's a lesson here, for me at least, don't judge a book by it's cover. All these years I've been dropping hundreds of dollars a night on so-so Oregon coast hotels when I could have been enjoying the Anchor Inn for less than half the price. From now on we'll be staying at the Anchor Inn when we visit Lincoln City.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor, in the back, are very quiet, but you won't be able to slip into the lobb...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank RicV
Dharamsala
Reviewed March 11, 2012

If you are one of those people who doesn't like to stay in impersonal, corporate-style hotels, this is definitely the place for you (conversely, if above is your thing, you might want to find a chain hotel up the street). The rooms are all different, amazing and filled with antiques and charm and giant comfy beds. You get fresh ground coffee in your room (yes, it's REAL coffee, with a grinder and everything), access to a kitchen if you want to bring back your own food, and the owners even have an awesome DVD collection that you can borrow from to watch a movie in your room. The grounds are lovely, you're a short walk from the beach and not far from downtown, and the breakfast you get with your stay is better than the majority of breakfast joints in which I've ever eaten. It's a wonderful place to stay if you like places with personality and charm and a unique flavor. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Syrimne
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Cozy suites each with their unique charm and decor. Homey feel to the whole place with great meals and lots of common space that you can feel comfortable in. Based on multiple stays, all of which were great.

Room Tip: Personally, I like the main part of the Inn, top floor, ocean side.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends