“Fun Place - Great Cookies!”

Captain Dan's Pirate Pastry Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Lincoln City
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We've been to Dan's Pirate Pastry Shop before and went there again on our most recent trip to Lincoln City. It's a small shop but a fun place, and they usually have quite a few different cookies, pies, etc., available. The minute we walked in, we were greeted in a friendly way and got great service. This time we got some Treasure cookies (I think that's the right name - they're the ones with oatmeal), lemon poppyeed muffin tops, and a peanut butter bar. The cookies were to die for! We tried the sample they offered and had to buy some to take with us. YUMMY! The muffin top was good, too. I wasn't impressed by the peanut butter bar though. It was too dry for my liking. (Of course I "forced" myself to eat it all, but ... :-)

1  Thank GeenaG4me

Reviewed April 16, 2012

My fiance and I went here during a trip we took for our anniversary. The woman behind the counter did not know how to smile or apparently be friendly. It took us three minutes or so to look around and choose what we wanted to eat, and she kept sighing and shifting impatiently. We didn't feel very welcome, so we ended up not eating the food in the actual building. However, the food we ended up selecting was amazing. I remember picking something called the Sailor Jack's. It was delicious and had raisins and cinnamon. We also had chocolate cookies with red icing. They tasted amazing and we really cheap. There were some items in the shop that were expensive. They also didn't have a huge selection of baked goods. However, all the food looked amazing. The decoration was also fantastic. there were fishnets, fake fish, and all sorts of nautical and pirate decoration. We do recommend trying this place out. It was one of our favorite memories from our trip.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The owners are wonderful and the decor was great. Small little pastry shop with fresh cookies & turnovers. Even some gluten free treats. Must try the turnover with apple, caramel and bacon. Very yummy!!

1  Thank Natty1978
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We love their Treasure Cookies. Honestly, if I could only eat one kind of cookie for the rest of my life, I would pick these!

The first time we went it happened to be "Talk Like a Pirate" day. If you did, you got a free cookie! I did and I did - and I was hooked!

Don't miss these if you are in the area!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, matey!

1  Thank newyogini
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Had quite a variety of pasteries---including gluten-free; FLAKY Pastry crust !!!!! Had coffee bar also. Ask or wait for whatever is just out of the over -it will be worth the wait. Parking in back/side.