“The most gorgeous room ever!”

and 1 more site!
Baywood Shores Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Lincoln City B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“The most gorgeous room ever!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We were spending some time in Oregon wine country and the coast. We had only a one night stay planned at Baywood Shores. After checking in and seeing the most amazing room, we immediately changed our plans and stayed two nights. The room was just amazing. A giant room, giant bed and giant sunken tub. The decor was beautiful, without being overwhelming. Everything we needed was at our fingertips. The hosts were so sweet and accommodating, and their breakfasts were amazing. And to top it off, we had two beautiful bald eagles living in a tree outside the window with a telescope aimed right at them! Although we didn't love Lincoln City itself, if you are in the area, once you check in Baywood Shores, you won't want to leave.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Captain's Room. It was amazing.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank darlene08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I've been going to bed and breakfasts on the Oregon coast for years. This one is absolutely lovely. Judy and Gary literally built this from the ground up and you can tell it was made to be a bed and breakfast. The Captain's room is lovely and romantic, there's a tremendous video and game library if you decide to stay in, and if you go out this is in the perfect location. Never to far to stop back by and grab something or lose yourself in the tremendous views. At high tide the water if just yards from the house and at low tide you can literally walk across the sand bars right behind the house. Breakfasts and hosts are wonderful and relaxed. This is truly the most lovely stay I've had on the coast, refreshing, romantic, relaxing...perfect...I just wish it could have lasted longer!

• Stayed March 2012
Lake Oswego, Oregon, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Thanks to Judy and Gary, I had one very relaxing night at Baywood Shores B&B. One night was not nearly long enough. I hope to return sometime soon for more than one night. The bay view was very peaceful. Judy and Gary are wonderful thoughtful hosts and prepare a great Dutch Baby. The rooms are very well appointed and comfy. The jacuzzi tub allows you to soak and watch the sunset (or sunrise) over the bay. I have stayed at several of the coasts B&Bs and decided this is my new fav! I highly recommend staying at Baywood Shores. If you're there on February 9th, make sure you tell Judy Happy Birthday.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
white salmon wa
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I wish you all could experience this beautiful B&B.It was our 25th wedding anniversary so we wanted to do something different.It was our first ever B&B so I wasn't sure if my husband would like it.Oh my gosh, he absolutely loved it as did I. We just fell in love with Gary and Judy,they are the two sweetest people ever! She put rose petals on our bed for our anniversary surprise.I will mention there are a lot of stairs ,just in case someone has issues with walking.The house is so beautiful,smells so good,and the views are spectacular of the siletz bay.The first 2 set of stairs leads to the dining room/media room where there is a sitting room, binoculars to look at the bay,books or dvd's you can take to your room no charge.The last set of stairs takes you to your room.outside of it is a telescope so you can see the bay & local birds,including an eagle & blue heron.The captains room is soo beautiful,decorated to replicate a captains quarters on a ship, with dark wood ceiling and trim.The bed is huge and oh so comfy and snuggly . The gas fireplace is so romantic & you go up 2 steps to get into the jacuzzi tub with the most beautiful view of the bay.You can watch the sunset from there.there's a fridge,with waters, microwave, coffee pot with coffee,tea or cocoa . In the closet are 2 fuzzy robes.The bathroom is nice,has bath gel, but you should bring shampoo.There is also a little deck.The breakfast table was so beautifully decorated & romantic.It was fun waiting to see what delicious foods we were going to be served fresh from the oven.There is only one other room to rent so we had an adorable couple celebrating their first ;year of marriage and we had lot's to talk about, 2nd day was fun sharing our adventures of the day.The only thing I didn't like was leaving !! If you want to indulge yourself for a romantic weekend this is a MUST.

Room Tip: Both rooms have a view of the siletz bay,but the captains quarters is bigger I believe.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kiannahsmom
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I escaped for 3 nights to Baywood Shores for our 10 wedding anniversary. We've been to around a dozen differenct B and B's before and this is tops on our list. The view of the Siletz bay from our bedroom (Captain's quarters) was wonderful - watching the tide come in and go out and all the wildlife in the bay (even saw a bunch of pelicans!). Our room was the best appointed of any we've stayed in - clean as a whistle, thoughtfully designed and carefully decorated. Top floor room so no one walking above, and didn't hear the folks from the other room at all, and the quietest fridge I've never heard :) Gary and Judy and excellent hosts and make breakfasts without rival - enough so you don't need much of a lunch besides being delicious and top quality. Anyway, we hope to return again for another special occasion.

Room Tip: Captain's quarters has a large picture window to view the bay from while sitting at a little sna...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hdbdan
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I brought my friend to Baywood Shores for her birthday, and we had an amazing time. We spent the day riding on highway 101 from Astoria, and we got to the Baywood Shores around 8pm. Judy was still up and was a good sport about us checking in soo late. She gave us a tour of the house, and then took us up to our room. After showing us the room, she even gave us a great recommendation for a local restaurant that was amazing. The Captain’s room we stayed in was unreal; it felt like we were in a master suite at the Wynn. The view of the beach was perfect; the bed was massive, and the oversized Jacuzzi tub hit the spot after 7 hours on the bike. True to form, we woke up late for breakfast, but Judy still made us a delicious feast. I have stayed at numerous Bed and Breakfast’s along the Oregon and California coasts over the years; Baywood Shores is by far my favorite. I would highly recommend this location to anyone wanting an unforgettable experience.

RG- Portland

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Grad_11
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Gary and Judy are great hosts and the place is beautiful. Stayed in Cape Cod room and it was plush. Bed and everything wonderful. Highly recommend staying if you are in Lincoln City.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple