“Cute little restaurant in hiding”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nelscott Cafe

Nelscott Cafe
Ranked #31 of 105 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Breakfast and lunch 7 to 3 Thursday thru Monday. Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We offer traditional breakfast and lunch fare at reasonable prices with great service.
Oregon City, Oregon
“Cute little restaurant in hiding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

It's hard to spot this little restaurant because your eye goes right to the Christmas store in the same complex and you overlook it. We stopped for breakfast after the Beach Dog cafe disappointed us for the 3rd day in a row being closed. I had stuffed french toast and husband had hash and a scotch egg. His potatoes were delicious, my french toast was pretty darn sweet, like a great big donut. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it didn't quite live up to what I was looking for. The orange juice was fresh squeezed. The atmosphere is quirky and quaint. The service is outstanding, very nice waitress, unobtrusive but attentive. The lunch menu looked better than the breakfast menu. We would definitely come back.

1 Thank charlie54933

“Excellent food, great price, friendly service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

Best burger I've had in a long time. Yummy homemade frys. Under 8$. I will make a stop there everytime I'm in Lincoln city.

Salem, Oregon
“Open?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

I would love to try this place and contribute a review but we can't seem to figure out when it is open. The last time we went to Lincoln City in October we were going to try it, but found that it was closed the two days we were there because of it's "winter hours" . So this time we made sure we were there at a time they were supposed to be open which was Friday morning at around 9:45 on November 19. Closed up tight. No sign. No nothing. It sounds like a great little place to eat, but I'll probably never know. By the way, I am putting here that I would recommend this restaurant because there is no other way to submit this and saying "no" just didn't seem fair.

lincolncitydw, Owner at Nelscott Cafe, responded to this review, November 26, 2010
I want to extend my sincere apologies for not
being open on the day you arrived. I had received
a call an hour earlier that my first grandchild was
being born in PDX and felt it important that I be there.
Like most businesses in Lincoln City I am the sole
proprietor (and my only cook) so when emergencies
arise I have no choice but to leave. Again, my sincere
apologies. Please identify yourself to me on your
next visit and I will try to make this up to you.

Don Williams, owner
ps , granddaughter, mom and dad are all well.
“Great little place. The staff was very...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

Great little place. The staff was very friendly and nice to our kids. Good homemade food (excellent bacon). We ordered breakfast (served all day) but the burgers looked good, too. Not the biggest place, so it might be hard to find a table during peak hours, but at 2:45pm we had the whole loft upstairs to ourselves, and there were even cards and games to play while we waited.

Portland, Oregon
“Unusual homemade items, good for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

We ate at the Nelscott Cafe twice in the last two days. The food was solidly good quality and homemade. On the menu are some unusual items, such as breakfast poppers: small crispy dumplings filled with scrambled egg, a bit of bacon, and gravy. Sounds rich, but they were small enough that the richness does not overwhelm. They are served on a bed of homefried potatoes.

Another delicious item is the breakfast bowl. Eggs, potatoes, a bit of gravy & cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions are layered together in a wonderful concoction. Filling and satisfying and a clear two thumbs up.

The oatmeal english toast is another winner- Texas toast coated with oatmeal, cinnamon and other spices.

It's a small, informal cafe, and when they fill up, rather than start a waiting list, they offer you a "To Go" option. It's worth sticking around and waiting for a table though.