“Charming cafe with excellent food”
Review of Nelscott Cafe

Nelscott Cafe
Ranked #10 of 110 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Breakfast and lunch 7 to 3 Thursday thru Monday. Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We offer traditional breakfast and lunch fare at reasonable prices with great service.
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I decided to try out this cafe after reading some positive reviews, and I am very glad I did! The dining area was very clean and the service was friendly and prompt. The waitresses were very good about keeping our drinks topped off. The food was VERY good! I highly recommend the peanut butter bacon apple burger (strange I know, but trust me this is fantastic pairing of flavors). They also have a great breakfast menu served with a GIANT cup of coffee.

Bottom line: a clean cafe with excellent food.

1  Thank Sitka54

Reviewed July 3, 2013

While the decor gives the restaurant a deceptive beach charm, their breakfast was truly mediocre. Even though we arrived before the rush, service was slow and only one person seemed to be in charge of the coffee and taking orders. When the coffee finally arrived, the espresso had that terrible burnt, boot bottom flavor that is undrinkable. Their house coffee was okay. We waited for at least an hour to get our food. When it did arrive, we realized we could have had better fare at the Pig N' Pancake down the road. The omelet was greasy and had the sausage on top had the color and consistency of some sort of cheap lunch frozen pizza sausage. We also ordered two different kinds of French toast, both with the appearance and flavor of the yellow, frozen french toast they serve in cafeterias. The food was cheap but there are better, fresher options in Lincoln City and even better cheap standards at the chains.

Giveityourbest, Owner at Nelscott Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Trip Advisor can be a great vehicle for sharing opinions, but when the reviewer is simply going out of their way to harm someone then that crosses a certain line. Once again this person has written 3 reviews on the same day for the same meal at three different restaurants. Their last attempt was removed by TripAdvisor (as I hope this one will be too).
I have reviewed every ticket for the last three days and there is no record of these items being ordered at a single table.
Our coffee is from Longbottom which is air roasted so it cannot have a burnt taste. We do not sell a French toast plate with two kinds of French toast and our French toast is made fresh, to order using fresh cream, eggs and milk.
Our sausage is premium and cooked to order along with vegetables in every omelet.
To our reviewer: if you have a problem with me please stop by or call. My name is Don Williams. Writing false reviews only hurts the cooks and servers that work here and depend on continued support of our customers.
Please think of them next time.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was a tiny restaurant housed on 2 floors. Thankfully they had a table open upstairs for my friend and I. We enjoyed 2 salads, which were large and very tasty. I didn't really like the chicken salad that mine came with. i would probably pick a different one next time. The order of fries I got as an appetizer was good. The server was friendly, and she was a little rushed. We didn't get refills of coffee or water, and our food took a long time. The kitchen was tiny. but I would come here again, probably to try the breakfast if I was in Lincoln City.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We came in for breakfast and after a short wait, had a table ready for the 4 of us. Food was pretty good, service could have been better, as we saw our waitress once during our entire meal. We had no chance to refill our drinks, and had to grab the waitress at a nearby table to get some water. I'd love to give this place a higher review but I would recommend the staff be a little more attentive to patrons. Perhaps we were the exception.

I give Nelscott a 3.5, a sliver above average.

Giveityourbest, Owner at Nelscott Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thanks so much for visiting us in Lincoln City. It was an incredibly busy day due to Kite Festival and Casino Anniversary. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. I think the wait staff just got overwhelmed and didn't follow up like they should have. I have had a meeting with the staff and worked out (hopefully) solutions to this problem. As always, please feel free to let us know about your visit while you're here so we can address any problem immediately. You will be thanked and treated with respect.
I hope we'll get another chance to earn your trust.
Don Williams, owner

Reviewed June 22, 2013

A hand made meat patty with swiss cheese and mushrooms make for a Great Burger.
The fried pickles were also very good. I only wish they had a selection of beers to go with
their lunch selections.