“Blow Your Own Glass Float”

Jennifer Sears Glass Studio
Ranked #7 of 25 Shopping in Lincoln City
utah
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Blow Your Own Glass Float”
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I made a special trip to Lincoln City to visit Jennifer Sears Glass Studio.And it was an great experiance.I had made arrangements to blow a float,make a paperweight and a bowl.I worked with three different people.And each one was verry patient and helpful and more than happy to have me there.This is the condensed version .First they help you select your choice of colors.Then it is hands on to put the colored glass on a gob of clear glass.Then off to a large oven to get it hot enough to work with.They have you roll the pipe to keep your glass centered.Then you go to a table where they help you form a nice shape.and make twists in the glass. Then they have you blow gently in to a tube.And the glass expands.Then they help you break it off of the pipe.And it is put in a kiln to cool.The bowl is made alot the same but you make a hole in it and it gets spun to make it flair out.The paperwieght is made by streching the colored glass and twisting it up and covering it with clear glass.Each piece only took about 30-40 minutes each.And you can have your pieces shipped or pick them up the next day.Each piece was between $75 and 100.And it was worth every penny.I think that about any age could do this.And it makes a great keepsake.I just got my items and they are even more beautiful than I thought theu would be.I would tell anyone going to Lincoln City to go do this.Their are also other things you can make.I would advise calling in advance.When I left that day they were pretty busy.I cant say enough how friendly and helpfull everyone was.And what a great time I had. I am already planning my next trip to go make more things.

4 Thank ChesterS67