“So much fun!!!”

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“So much fun!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I made reservations for 3; one of whom was ...um... artistically challenged. We once had to remove a glue gun from his possession as it was obvious he was a danger to himself and the public at large. So we weren't sure if molten glass was a Really Fine Idea on our part. Fortunately for us, the artists at the Jennifer Sears Glass Studio are real pros. We had a fantastic time and learned a lot about glass; they genuinely teach as you work. The results were awesome - they steer you away from colors that would be heinous and reach in to help you with anything overly tricky. The experience takes about an hour and the results are professional and beautiful. I'd recommend this activity to anyone. We had 3 perfect floats at the end of the session (picked them up the next day) and we're still talking about how much fun we had...

Visited May 2012

KC
141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“Be sure to do this - awesome experience for anyone on the Coast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

First off - make a reservation (if you can), since walk-ups are usually disappointed. We tried to make reservations but they were so busy that we stopped by to see if we could make our glass float. Unfortunately, they were full, but we were able to return later that day. The glass artistans are truly gifted and walk thru the glass making process with each participant and give ideas/tips to make a beautiful souvenir to take home. Note that glass must cool for 18 hours, so you will not walk out with your creation. We are having our mailed to us (an additional $15) and mailings go out only on Fridays. Be sure to take your camera as you will want to get lots of pictures of the process.

Visited July 2012
Hermiston, Oregon
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

My Mom, sister and I decided to do this together last summer. We booked in advance to get the time slot that we wanted. When we arrived they paired us up with three artists and we began the process. They let you choose what colors you want to use, but advise against some combinations of colors that turn a funky color when melted. I made the Starfish, my Mom made the Heart and my sister made a Float. The prices for our items ranged from 65-105. The process seemed complicated and confusing at first, but the artists are really good about walking your through each step and then they take over if you need a little help with part of the process. The items have to cool overnight, but if you can't make it to pick them up, they will ship them to your house for a small charge. I would do this again in a heartbeat and plan to again next year. I would recommend wearing a long sleeve shirt if your skin is sensitive to heat, I got a heat rash that lasted several hours, so did my Mom.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank neesue
Victoria, BC
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Wouldn't have missed the experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

I phoned and booked ahead as I wanted to make sure I would be able to do the glass blowing. Your creation must cool over night so make sure you plan enough time. Andrew was my knowledgeable instructor and even though he must go through this many times a week, he didn't sound at all bored and he was a pleasure to learn from. It was fascinating to work with the glass which almost seemed alive with the way it moved. Andrew let me do as much as possible but was there to step in to prevent disaster from happening. Safety is very important and as long as your children will follow instructions this would be appropriate for them.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank ajtraveller007
San Antonio, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun for kids and adults!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is a great activity, especially if the weather is typical Oregon Coast cold and rainy. the artist (Kelly) allowed all 3 of us (mom + 2 kids, 11 & 18) to come back and take part in making a beautiful glass bowl (at $135, the most expensive option, others include glass floats, paperweights, and the new glass "wave", starting at $65). You get to pick your colors, and Kelly walked us through the process and allowed us to do what we were comfortable doing. If you don't want to spend the $$, you can also just sit and watch others doing it.

Visited June 2012