“Best place t stay”

Ranked #5 of 8 Lincoln City B&B and Inns
California
“Best place t stay”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was such a suprise we were just sight seeing up the coast so didn't really plan on staying any one place. This was the nicest ,cleanest and most friendly place we stayed on our whole trip I reccomend it to anyone wh will listen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank justmejustme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Loved the room...It had been refurbished. The tile work in the bathroom was beautiful. Just a short walk to the beach. The room was clean and the staff was very accomidating and friendly. I would recommend this hotel to someone looking for a nice room on a cheaper budget. We stayed in the end room near the road and had no problem sleeping. Ammenities(food and stores) could have been closer....but all in all a nice stay.

Room Tip: End room near the road was very nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary S
Boise Idaho
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked our rooms rather blindly on the internet, this was a working family trip. I was working and the family was tagging along.
Tricia was wonderful as one night a guest with a pet became unruly and disrespectful of other guests. Tricia and her husband worked hard and quickly to try and resolve the manor in a polite way but when the guest then verbally attacked me they kicked her to the curb. They then brought me and my family a beautiful basket of fruit and nuts.
As I said I was there for work I had a wedding on the beach to photograph. Tricia had some wonderful hydrangeas for me to give to the bride when she heard they were the brides favorite flower.
My family and I enjoyed our stay very much being able to cook our own meals and relax while I also worked was a blessing to us all.
Thank you so much we can't wait to come up again. We are thinking in August. Excited to see the remodel all complete.

The Lileks

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AzBoise
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Really enjoyed this hotel and the price was great. They had a special for $49 a night. The exterior of the hotel is really quaint. It was cottage like with shutters, flower boxes. The color very inviting. The room was clean and spacious with table, desk, small fridge, coffee and coffee maker or tea. There were 2 different newspapers in the room, which is a nice touch. The location is off the main highway but noise was not an issue for sleeping. Overall, this was a very pleasant stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank freebird47
Snohomish, Washington
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The heaters where falling of the wall. They said they had internet they did but it did not work. Lamps beside the bed did not work. Rugs where stained and very dirty. Bathroom sink was stopped up. The ice machine did not work. We asked for 2 keys they said we only had one. I also took pictures of this place so I can show just how bad it was. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Billywash
poyman, Owner at Captain Cook Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
My name is Paul Poyfair and I am the owner of the Captain Cook Inn... I am very sorry that you had the experience that you had last October... We were in the middle of alot of remodel changes since you stayed with us and will be complete with our entire remodel in April... All rooms have been refurbished with new pillow top beds, flat screen TVs, new paint, ne high quality carpet and our boiler and room recepticles have been completely redone... In mid April we plan to redo some of the outside landscaping which will includenew flowers, bushes, trees, a fountain with a country style sitting area, and new playground equipment in the picnic area for the kids.... I am hoping that you will give us another chance and I would like to offer an incentive to make that happen... Please give me a call if and when you get this... My cell number is 214-505-5585 and I actually live in Lincoln City 7 months out of the year. Hope that I can hear from you. Even though you didn't have a good experience with us, I do appreciate your input.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at this motel sept-14-16 2012. We made reservations online and were trying to find a room on a budget so we would have some money to spend while we were in town. .
We were expecting to pull into a place that was run down and out dated. Instead we pulled in to the Captain Cook Inn we were pleasantly surprised! The grounds were very clean. The front desk was very nice to us.
They accept dogs for no EXTRA cost! Also the rooms were remodeled the bed was soft and MOST IMPORTANT CLEAN WHITE PILLOW CASES AND SHEETS.
Our family felt safe staying there and we will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jensenjen
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The inn is very clean, and very much a 'Mom & Pop' business. The property is well taken care of, with flowers throughout the property. My biggest complaint is that the walls are paper thin - so I could hear my neighbors just talking to each other in a normal tone of voice. The other complaint that I had was having dogs on either side of me. When the dogs would bark on one side of the motel - the other dog on the other side would answer. Not extremely restful - just keep in mind that for the price, you are going to hear a lot of noise. Also, their prices increase on the weekends which makes them about the same as the other hotels in Linclon City. So if you come to Lincoln City for the weekend, I would place this motel as your 'Plan B' motel. Again, a very clean motel - just a little too loud when you have rowdy neighbors/dogs. I would rate the beds as 'average' - the one I had was old, but tolerable. The owners were extremely nice and helpful - definitely gave them high marks for service and politeness!!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a quiet room - away from other tenants
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo