“Good food great service high priced” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 101 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Baker City, Oregon
“Good food great service high priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We were hungry for Fish n chips. We've passed by fir years and had friends in from CA fir the holidays. We opted yo stop in for lunch on our way to Wheeler.
The chowder was good, but a bit thick. The Cod fish n chips was really good. We wanted Halibut but it was around $23.00 which it way too high. The Cod was $17.00 but came with soup and bread. Service was awesome. Most dishes were in the mid-twenties per plate. Since this is a roadside fish-house, I was surprised by the high prices and no atmosphere.
If this review was helpful, please let me know. ENJOY!

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank Ratfink2u

Beaverton, Oregon
“We weren't disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was a great loss for us when the Dory Cove at Land's End burned a few years ago. But we have discovered the same quality food in the current one toward the southern end of Lincoln City. First the downside: parking lot needs paving having some potholes, atmosphere not outstanding. But...in our estimation, the food is just as good as we were used to at the previous location. My husband's scallops were nicely juicy and my lite breaded shrimp was just what i want---crunchy on the outside and not dry on the inside. I really vote five stars for their dinner salad. It may not have great aesthetic appeal, but it is full of good veggies, not just chopped lettuce with a touch of tomato. I could go on about the food, but I want to mention the manager. i didn't get his name, but he was very friendly and helpful. We had a nice chat and found that he had worked for Horst Mager of Rheinlander fame for many years. He is hoping someday to buy out the current owner. When that happens, I can believe he will make improvements to the few problems with the physical site. Unless you need luxury and don't care about quality of the food, you need to try the new Dory Cove.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
McKinleyville, California
“It is what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The decor is humble, the restrooms are in an odd spot, the lighting could use some work, and the flatware really should be upgraded-it's that cheap tinny stuff, but then the Dory Cove does not pretend to be anything more than a local place to get some clam chowder. As I travel up and down the coast, I have found that different localities have different ideas of great clam chowder. I think Dory Cove's is very good. A few more clams would be appreciated, but I may have gotten the cup that was short on clams. The cream base was smooth and delicious. The service was kind of casual, but that is the kind of restaurant Dory Cove is. The server kept my soda full, responded to my requests, and stopped by my table often enough to warrant a good tip. I was eating by myself, which can often mean that I become invisible to servers, which was not the case at Dory Cove.
I would eat there again.

Visited December 2012
“Truly terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Food and atmosphere are horrible. I tried the clam chowder and it was truly the worst chowder I have had in Lincoln City - it was bland and in a whole cup of soup there was only 1 clam. One of the worst restaurants in Lincoln City.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Blondie6558
Ellensburg, Washington, United States
“Put This One On Your List”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We are making it a mission to visit every seafood restaurant in Lincoln City... we've been working on it about 4 years now.... and happened to get to Dory Cove last night. Husband's scallops were maybe undercooked but shrimp was above average. My seafood combo saute was good, but the wine had definitely been sitting in that bottle more than a day or two. Service was great, as was the ubiquitous clam chowder! We will likely be there again.

Visited December 2012