“Fast Service!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We went for a late dinner. It was packed. Seating overall was pretty tight. We had a picnic table along the back wall, and it felt like the patrons on both sides of us were on top of us. It was a fun atmosphere though. Service was quick and the food was very good. We really liked the clam chowder in a bread bowl and the fish and chips. Prices seemed reasonable. I would visit again.

There are newer reviews for Mo's Restaurant

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stop at different Mo's locations during our trips up the Oregon Coast. I have been coming to them for over 25 years. The clam chowder is the best I have ever ate. Living in California, I have tried most of the places in Santa Cruz and Monterey. Mo's wins hands down. The cheese bread is too die for. The other food items never disappoint. Place is always busy during the summer, so expect a short wait.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Went in for dinner about 6pm and was seated almost immediately. I really was excited about the place because the view and the laid back atmosphere. The service was excellent but the dinner food was a big let down. The scallop appetizer was great. My wife had the oysters and I had the #1 sampler platter. I don't like oysters and thought they were nasty but my wife felt they were okay tasting at best. The breaded shrimp was good, the fish and clams were tasteless and bland. I really did expect a better tasting meal from a place located right on the pacific ocean. We had been at the beach all day and didn't want to bother with the way more expensive Kyllos right up the road so we thought this would be the better choice.

Hope your experience is a better one.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We'd not eaten at this Mo's before only at the one in Newport where'd we'd had a lack luster experience several times over the years. However our experience was much better than expected. The clam chowder was very good and the fish and chips was enjoyable although I'd like to have had malt vinegar on the table (I always forget to ask otherwise). We had a large party (20) and although there was a line out the door, they got us in pretty quickly. I must say it's the first really good experience I've had a Mo's over the last couple years. The view was great too...

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Waited 20 minutes to get seated. Between ordering and receipt of our food, waited 1 hour. The kids were getting fussy and bored. We watched tables come in, sit down, eat, and leave, between the time we ordered and the time we got our food. Incredible. The famous clam chowder tasted like potato soup. Very bland. My halibut & chips were horribly disappointing. The breaded & deep fried halibut was soggy and limp. The fries were very good though. I've heard they changed management and things have gone downhill considerably. Won't be back.

2  Thank Lodijo