“An expensive bad experience!”
Review of MIST at Surftides

MIST at Surftides
Ranked #19 of 108 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Reviewed August 9, 2010

The food is not as advertised on the menu...the crab omlet with marscapone cheese had mozarella and cheddar cheese instead. The menu items are oddly priced...you could create your own omlet with crab and marscapone cheese for $3 less than the same item on the menu. The help tries but there isn't enough to provide decent service. It was an expensive bad experience.

3  Thank lizlemon63
There are newer reviews for MIST at Surftides

Reviewed July 8, 2010

We walked down to Mist because the wait at Blackfish Cafe was an hour. No problem getting a seat at Mist for reasons that became obvious. The dinner menu seems limited with no particular theme. First it is real Oregon service, poor but oh so apologetic about the service being poor. The waiter, a hapless waif, was slow to take our order despite it not being busy. Then people who arrived after us were served first. The waiter didn't know that they were out of halibut, so he had to return and offer fish tacos made out of salmon (not much salmon). the waiter left without taking my soup/salad order despite my prompting so he got my order on the third try. The garlic peppered steak wasn't bad but it wasn't peppery or garlic laced. The dessert that came with my steak was a cup of melted soft serve ice cream and two chocolate chip cookies served with a large glass of milk. The food was not very good. The sound system seemed to carry mostly the cymbals so the background music was tense even when it should have been relaxing. The only silver lining was the price of my steak popped out of the computer ten dollars less than the menu price, and of course no one noticed it. It is too bad because the location and decor are good it just needs to be well managed. Mist was rated as 34th of 44 restaurants, I would be hard pressed to find ten worse restaurants in town.

Reviewed May 20, 2010

Thngs have changed greatly at Mist. First off, the remodeling is not attractive or condusive to dining. They offer a lounge happy hour menu that consists of many deep fried offerings (onion rings, fried shimp, fries etc.) and $2 well drinks. Don't waste your time on the well drinks, there is less than $2 worth of alcohol in them. If your sitting at a lounge table with a few people there is not enough room for drinks, food, plates etc. My fiance and I wanted to eat a meal so we moved into the dining room. Our drink prices went up, that's fine, it wasn't actually the lounge, but the quality didn't change. The only food I've ever found edible there is the crab cobb salad. Everything else is non descript and over priced. The only shining star here is the entertainment on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Chris Lauer is worth putting up with watered down drinks, greasy food, apathetic service. He is an amazing musician. To sum up, the food isn't good but it's ok because there is no where in the bar to eat it.

Reviewed October 13, 2009

We eat there a couple times a year when in Lincoln City. Have never been dissappointed. Good place for breakfast, too.

Reviewed October 3, 2009

We had no choice it was the closest place to eat from Beachfront Manor, we were absolutely starving and ordered right away. Don't waste your time with their fish and chips!! We noticed the dinner menu was not that exciting and imaginitvely priced. My husband and I did really enjoy the Clam Chowder and the view however and the service was reasonable and friendly at least.