“over priced mediocre bar food, but great view”
Review of MIST at Surftides

MIST at Surftides
Ranked #22 of 110 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We had no choice it was the closest place to eat from Beachfront Manor, we were absolutely starving and ordered right away. Don't waste your time with their fish and chips!! We noticed the dinner menu was not that exciting and imaginitvely priced. My husband and I did really enjoy the Clam Chowder and the view however and the service was reasonable and friendly at least.

Reviewed September 30, 2009

Don't let their website fool you! There is a reason why their site does not offer any photos of the hotel... it's very old and outdated. Their "newly renovated" restaurant, Mist, really missed the mark. Too bad, the room has so much potential. With some different (softer) lighting, some fresh updated colors, table cloths and perhaps some candles on the tables they could justify their menu prices. Although the tables facing the windows offer a decent atmosphere, the tables against the wall have a real "coffee shop" feel with the cheap formica table tops and flourescent-type lighting. The guest rooms are nothing special and show their age with worn carpeting and outdated colors. For the price they charge, there are many more options in Lincoln City.

Reviewed September 20, 2009

We went into Mist Restaurant for lunch about a week back and simply loved our meal! My wife had a Chicken Pesto Panini with some AWESOME beer battered onion rings. I had the halibut fish and chips, which are easily the best tasting I've had around town in a LONG time! The server was extremely helpful and accommodating. Prices for lunch just a smidge on the high side, but we get a nice discount at lunch for showing our local ID. Freaking awesome!

Reviewed August 31, 2009

I have only had breakfast here, and it is a good value with the voucher given at checkin. I had what they describe as the German pancake, but I think it is more accurately called a Dutch Baby. Not as good as I had previously, but the bacon was very good. Service was excellent.

Reviewed August 15, 2009

The decor is 60's retro with a sunken bar and fireplace. Nice view of the ocean. Went there for happy hour and they have a good $2 food menu. I'd skip the steak slider, but the fish slider was spectacular. Can't go wrong with popcorn shrimp and the buffalo wings were definitely on the spicy side. Potato chips were hand sliced and my only complaint is that some of the chips were not thoroughly cooked. Maybe if they'd make the portion size a little smaller, they could ensure all the chips got enough oil. Nice beer on tap selection. Service was pleasant but understaffed so a little on the slow side.