“Cold temp, cold service”
Review of MIST at Surftides

MIST at Surftides
Ranked #19 of 108 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Reviewed August 3, 2009

This recently remodeled restaurant has a nice decor. The main course that I ordered, Ahi with wasabi-soy sauce, was very good.
The service was poor. The waitperson spoke bad English, for instance,
and was inexperienced. She forgot the bread.
The door was braced open in 57 degree weather which cooled both the food and my feet off quickly. The wonderful firepit in the lounge was unlit.
I will not go there again.

There are newer reviews for MIST at Surftides

Reviewed July 24, 2009

My wife and I ate at this restaurant on 7/17/2009. It has been remodeled recently and provides a great ocean view while eating. The food is good and the prices reasonable. We ate dinner for $52.00; that included our two glasses of milk and dessert (go for the Marion berry and split it. Great!!)

Reviewed April 17, 2009

When they changed from Ki West to Mist, I had to try them out. Lets just say the remodel was a nice step up. They opened up the lounge area while still keeping it separated from the rest of the restaurant. The new decor is refreshing and nicely appointed. The staff here treats you like family. The Manager of the restaurant will treat you like his brother and bend over backwards to make sure you're having a great experience. Their new menu is unique for this area but I must say, the Panini's are astounding! I've tried the Sicilian, Club, and one that isn't even on their main menu called the Fat Kid... they are AWESOME! They are so delicious and always filling. They come with a side of natural cut fries that are just so delicious. I've tried some of their appetizers such as their mini hamburgers and let me tell you... White Castle has nothing on those fellas. I attended the Grand Opening and sampled the Seafood Pizza and I was very pleasantly surprised at how tasty it was. Don't get me wrong, I like seafood and everything but I wasn't so sure how it would go on pizza. They mastered it! It wasn't fishy, wasn't strong tasting, it was subtle and delicious. I will definitely be making this a regular place to dine from now on.

Reviewed March 26, 2009

This weekend my family and I stayed at the, newly remodeled, Surftides resort. Despite the rain this spring break we had a great time accompanied by some great food. We decided to try out the on site restaurant Mist. I had their Pasilla Lime Butter Prawns, my wife had Halibut fish and chips and our daughter ordered some chicken strips. Let me tell you, the prawns were not just a treat for my stomach, but a treat for the eyes because they came out looking wonderful. Maybe it was the way they stood off the plate or the drizzle of cilantro oil that was strategically placed, but they were excellent. My wife told me her fish and chips tasted very fresh and that she loved the little hush puppies they were served with. My daughters enjoyment was obvious by her clutching a chicken strip in her hand shaking her head in approval when asked if they were good :) . After dinner we decided to go enjoy the outdoor fire pits for that brief break in the rain and make a few s'mores. This trip will be a cherished memory that we will hold dear and I hope this resort brings you all the same.

Reviewed March 19, 2009

The food was terrible. I know they just remodeled, and the inside was great. But maybe new chefs would help. My husband had prime rib and mashed potatoes, I had a lemon-herb chicken, baked potatoe and veggies. The best thing was the chicken. The rest was just plain bad. And for that price I would have liked to have walked out!!!!!