“good”

Ranked #19 of 108 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My husband and i went threre for the first time a few months ago, we love the food, i have had the lobster mac n cheese with there garlic bread which was excellent, only 11,oo with more lobster than i thought for that price, the prawns wrapped in bacon is excellent too, Love Brett the singer thats why we went there to begin with and love it now, only complaints is the atmosphere in the lounge needs some improvement very uncomfortable seats also Jay the bartender was not there the last few times we went and didnt get very good service with the other bartender, he was nice but very slow- in fact the manager had to take our order then she disappeared my husband and i got our food but our friends did not, we had to flag someone down- needs some improvement but will continue to go there because food is good and so is the entertainment

There are newer reviews for MIST at Surftides

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Asked for a window seat and the hostess asked us to wait while she gossiped with two other girls for ten minutes.... one of them should/could have cleared a table for us for we were the only ones at the front desk... amazingly unprofessional. When we pressed her about the table after 10 min of gossip ("oh, I didn't forget about you." condescending) she stuck us in a corner (view of bldg) to a small table, dirty, with no settings, only after someone came in after us. We asked, and got moved to a reasonable sized table that was clean, with settings, and her excuse for the faux pas was " Oh I sent you to a table I liked the most" obvious lie- you sent us to a two seater versus a four seater, but you don't have to lie. I saw the food on other folk's plates walking in and the portions looked unappetizing and paltry. I asked table next to us if food was taking long and they replied "No, but we are getting a second helping of 'bread sticks' ", he showed us four small cuts of little baguette. When the bus boy came by to fill our water, touching the tops of the glasses with his fingers, he was just plain scary. We ran out, already having a bad experience at Rogue Brewery earlier that day.

3  Thank HonestAbe139
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We found the Mist restaurant to have good food and good prices; unfortunately the seating is so uncomfortable it makes me wonder if we will go back. I heard the same comments from several people in the lounge area. There is a lot going for the Mist with great entertainment, friendly staff, and good food. Please change the seating in the lounge !!!

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Ours was a party of 12 with 6 kids 12 and under. We arrived around 8pm on a weeknight. We were able to watch the sunset from the restaurant. Restaurant was busy, but not dinner time type busy. Our server was pleasant and seemed a little overwhelmed, but did try his best. The killer was the 40 min wait for food. At that time, kids were already hungry, and we went through 6 baskets of bread by the time food slowly trickled to our table. The kids were served first, which was a good call. To set the next comment in context, it should be noted that the restaurant offered "kids eat free" with an accompanying adult meal over $6.00. 3 kids size Mac and Cheese arrived. Wow! You would get more mac n'cheese from a frozen Michelina's tray for a dollar at the grocery store. The accompanying fries could be counted on 1 hand for the girls' meals. The boy's mac n'cheese seemed to have more fries. This is by far the smallest amount of food offered in a kids' meal I have ever seen. The beef dip was ok, but very salty. The beef was a bit on the dry and tough side. The lobster tail for $20 was tasty, but a bit small. The accompanying seasonal vegetable was green beans, which I could once again count on 1 hand. When it came time to pay, the bill was incorrect, and appropriate amount of free children's meal was not deducted. I read some of the reviews, which were mixed at best, before going to the restaurant. To me, it seems clear that the kitchen requires some revamping or a flow through analysis given the number of comments about the wait for food. I have eaten at places with similar square footage and tables, and my food arrives within 15 mins generally. If it wasn't for the fact that the kids' meals were free, the value for my dollar would have been negative. I can agree with the comments about the atmosphere being nice. The restaurant is quite spacious. I will probably try them one more time, just to see if the experience will be better.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Once the food finally arrived, it was passable (the scallops were delicious). The wait, however, was excruciating. After being told by 3 separate staff that they would be our servers, we were finally able to order a glass of wine. It arrived 10 minutes later. Then another server arrived to take our order. 40 minutes later our food arrived, long after those of tables around us. Felt bad about not leaving much of a tip, but TIPS means " to insure prompt service" . For this restaurant it should be " terribly inept, painfully slow" . Our kids were troupers to put up with it all.