“Mist rising”

Ranked #19 of 108 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Last summer I panned Mist in my review "Mist missed". In the local papers and "things to do at the beach" papers Mist is advertising a new menu and lower prices including coupons. So we gave it another chance. Happily the restaurant is much improved. The service is friendly and competent. The food is tasty and fresh. the menu is reasonably priced with unpretentious food choices. There is a surf and turf for $15 which has a 6 ounce steak and a variety of fresh seafood in tempura batter that is light and not oily. There is a 5 ounce happy hour steak for 5.99. Breakfast is good with entrees between 5 and 9 dollars. There is a great ocean view. In summary while Mist is not fancy it is good food at a good price competently served.

1  Thank JurgisRudkus
There are newer reviews for MIST at Surftides

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We were staying in the Surftides Hotel and decided to give thier on site restaurant Mist a try after we overheard a group of people in the hotel lobby talking about how good it was.
Really glad we did. They are obvioulsy very popular because the line was out the door, but we only had to wait about 15 minutes for a seat. They were very, very busy, but the service was exceptional, and the bacon wrapped prawns were very good. The restaurant has a beautiful interior and great view of the ocean. A definite must when visiting Lincoln City.

2  Thank DMDLADY
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I've eaten here a few times before, I'm a local, the fish tacos are good and the evening steak deal is a good value.

Tonight we ventured in to find a line inside. We were told it was a 20 minute wait. I ventured into the dining room to find 7 open tables, and four open booths. We waited with others as the line grew. Someone from the kitchen was serving drinks and not pleased with having to do it. The manager came to the front, looked around and left. I asked the hostess what the deal was, she mumbled something about limited wait staff. I withdrew our name from the list.

Its summer, its Saturday night, there is more than 10 percent unemployment and you can't staff your damn place?

Reviewed June 22, 2011

I think that previous workers had friends or family come on here and gripe because we ate here several times and the service was great, workers and staff wonderful. They treated us kindly, served us all fresh and delicious food. Not one thing was cooked abd, wrong or was not excellent quality and trust me I know seafood quality. Mist just started up a new thing where the kids 12 and under eat free (per each adult meal purcahsed) My husband was treated wonderfully on Fathers Day (as this was the 3rd time eating in this weeks vacation. We also ordered room service. It came in a timely manner and the food was again, excellent. The price cannot be beat for the quality you get.
Great food, great place. We even chose Mist over our local favorite place we only went to. SO glad we tried Mist. We will be back and will be eating there whenever we visit the coast.
I think my only complaint is the gorgeous fireplace in the center of the restaurant. Although incredibly beautiful and a great touch to the place it made the room a tad warm I was grateful we were seated each time next to the door they propped open for a while. (We were in shorts and T's)
Thank you!!

2  Thank Worstmomof4
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We read the reviews, they are wrong or this place has changed. Great value and good food, nice waitress. Well drinks breath takingly strong, not a complaint, but watch them.!!!

2  Thank Hildon50