“Great getaway”

Looking Glass Inn
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I loved it. Will definitely go back. Location was good. I can't wait to go back. The view we had of the beach was excellent, the room and staff were gteat.we hsd 2 dogs and they had a good time.
The small kitchenette came on handy when we didn't go out.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank lkodimer
Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Mostly everything about the Looking Glass Inn makes it a top-notch place to stay on the Oregon Coast. Our room -- a King room with hot tub -- was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The front-desk staff couldn't have been kinder or more accommodating. So why a rating of just four?

All of my reviews, indeed all the reviews, on TripAdvisor are subjective. And my subjective point of view is that Looking Glass's location is just not great. Our view of the ocean: pretty good, but you had to look over the parking lot and you were about a block or so from the beach; for these prices, you should be closer. You're also directly across the street from Mo's, which in addition to being a poor restaurant, is also an eyesore. Also, the hotel is on a main drag. We stayed at the Looking Glass during spring break and the noise and traffic from the street below was simply irritating.

I'm not, however, going to wind up on a negative note. If you're headed to Lincoln City and want a pleasant hotel and good service, this is a most definitely a place to consider.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JoseSchwartz
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our family and our yellow lab stayed here for a couple of nights in April, as well as a year ago.
They provide dog beds, and a basket that includes doggy towels, sheets, bowls and dog biscuits.
We had a view of the beach, and this hotel is almost right on the beach. Staff was very friendly to us. And a continental breakfast was included. Also, it is right across the street from Mo's, so we would take food back to the hotel and eat in the little kitchenette. We will probably stay here the next time we want to take our dog to the beach!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DavisPal
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We love this place! So comfortable and cozy. We traveled in the late spring and when the days were warm and sunny, but the evenings were cool. We loved the fireplace in our room and appreciated the huge space with cozy soft pillows and blankets. The beds were very comfortable. This is a really cool pet friendly hotel and they've really taken special care to help you feel welcome and your special pal feel comfortable. Short walk to the beach where you can watch harbor seals frolicking in the surf. The sunsets on this bay are beautiful and romantic. Fun shops surround this location, but they tend to close early before the summer season. We really enjoyed our stay and will surely recommend and stay again if we are in the area. Oh and great continental breakfast as well, juice, yogurt, fresh fruit and pastry.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank WeveSeenItAll
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Chose to stay here with family & friends recently as we had fond memories of it from staying here years ago with our 2 dogs. Pleasant staff, clean rooms, nice location, etc. This time when I turned in keys at end of stay was given a bit of verbal lashing by staff behind the desk. Puzzled, I waited for clarification of the concern. Was told that there was a problem with their computer reservation system & when I went online to adjust our stay from 1 to 2 nights the system became confused and somehow added an additional room that we did not occupy. With my apologies I explained that I did have a phone conversation after my reservation adjustment, specifically so any confusion would be avoided. The young woman that I spoke with at that time apparently was a new trainee and ended up taking down our reservation incorrectly on the phone. Even after I explained this to our check-out person, she continued to chastise me indicating it would be perfectly within their right to charge me for the extra room that was reserved incorrectly by their trainee. I chose to take the high road, quietly asked if we were done, thanked her & left. As I was walking out the door received only a very brief thanks back from her. Unfortunately what she didn't know was that one of our beloved family dogs that once stayed & played here had recently passed away. Due to her detaining me, my family was kept waiting at the beach for his memorial gathering I was on my way to.

Puzzling? Definitely...Am guessing perhaps they get a few difficult guests and forget how to treat the decent, responsible ones...or perhaps she was just having a bad day & chose to take it out on the guest in front of her. Normally direct all my pet-loving friends/family here, but unfortunately having second thoughts after this experience

Room Tip: Try to avoid using on-line reservation system at all until they have the glitches worked out.
7  Thank luckoda2
westoverinns, General Manager at Looking Glass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

On behalf of the Looking Glass Inn staff, I have personally contacted this guest to sincerely apologize for our unusual actions. I'm very pleased to report that our apology has been accepted as well as an invitation to return again to the Looking Glass Inn!

Mary Ann McGill, General Manager for the Lincoln City properties of Westover Inns

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We love this place! Where do I start!? We've stayed here many times and keep coming back due to the consistent quality. They take dogs AND it's very clean! Wonderful views, wonderful room, great beach access, great amenities, welcoming staff and overall excllent place to stay!

2  Thank blueheelertravler
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a wonderful stay during spring break at the Looking Glass Inn. The staff was very friendly & the rooms were spotless!! I was a bit worried as this was our first stay in a pet friendly hotel but the rooms were fresh & clean. You couldn't tell pets were allowed at all!! The beds were very comfortable & our entire family (myself, husband, 3 y.o daughter & dane puppy) had a wonderful visit. The only negative thing about the hotel is that the walls/ceilings seem to be very thin. Both nights we could hear people above us & next to us until around 1 a.m. The rest of the family slept through it but I'm a light sleeper so I didn't get much rest. :(

2  Thank jas0715