“Beautiful hideaway during a stormy day!”
Review of Looking Glass Inn

Looking Glass Inn
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Beautiful hideaway during a stormy day!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Looking glass inn is a quaint hotel off the beaten path. This hotel is 30 rooms tucked behind busy 101 on the beach side so it is incredibly quiet and you cannot hear traffic. Looking glass has easy access to the beach (just across the parking lot) and the two queen room was incredibally clean and modern. For stormy days a fireplaces, flat screen TV, and DVD player are all available in the rooms. They do rent current DVDs but be prepared to pay $4.00 and upscale services like spas or restaurants are not on site but you can find many close by.

Our stay was during a major snow and wind storm but we never lost power and just enjoyed the fury of the unpredictable weather. I hardly have high recommendations for a hotel but Looking glass was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have stayed at many hotels over the years and my only regret is not finding this place years sooner. By far the nicest place in Lincoln City I have stayed in. Very reasonable for how nice it is. I have already referred this place to everybody I have talked to and already know one group that is going over tomorrow. Very friendly staff and awesome continental breakfast. thanks for the the enjoyable stay, I will be back!

Room Tip: We looked at a few rooms there and the rooms with the balconies were my favorite, not to say the oth...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I loved this place. Seals in the bay, ocean a few steps over, nice staff and very clean rooms. Not only that, they upgraded me for no extra charge, to a fabulous, best view, whirltub room! It was off season, my birthday. So I got a second night, and she still didn't charge me more. So awesome.

I don't have a dog, but it's very, very dog friendly, too. I see they get baskets with treats and blankets, bowl and other stuff for your furry pal. It made me wish I HAD a dog. I will definitely come back. And you can't even tell it's a dog friendly place, because the room was spotless with NO doggie smell.

Room Tip: 304 was awesome. The three story building. Balconies!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Our whirlpool room was clean and updated, fireplace was awesome and perfect view of the bay. Friendly staff and overall excellent experience!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We had a great time staying at The Looking Glass! My wife and I brought our less than year old puppy to stay in one of the dog approved rooms. We somewhat feared those rooms would be less than clean and have a funny odor, but it was nothing of the sort! The room was cleaner and much nicer than most hotel rooms that I been in! The staff was very helpful and considerate. Everything was great, and the location is unmatched. Everything you want in for a nice family stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed in room 201, probably best in the house. One bedroom and huge living room plus kitchenette. Perfect ocean view with seals out front. Loved this place and will come back. Not fancy but clean and comfy.

Camas, Washington
Reviewed February 29, 2012

My wife and I came to Lincoln City to just get away for a couple days. We found the Looking Glass Inn both affordable and pleasant. We booked a "Jacuzzi Room" that had a fireplace and an ocean view as well! The room was very well kept and the staff was helpful and friendly. We will stay here in the future as well as spreading the word to our friends and family about this jewel on the coast!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple