All reviews great view ocean view large deck electric fireplace hot tub spring break parking lot get away seagulls pet dog waves
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

We wanted a room for two nights close to the beach that was pet friendly, and since we didn’t have previous reservations in the summer season, we knew this would be a challenge. The Seagull had their hot tub suite available for $225 a night, and we decided to splurge above our normal nightly budget for the joy of the private hot tub on the deck. It was a nice room, clean enough, with fabulous ocean views and it was wonderful to sit in the hot tub on the deck and stare out at the ocean. The full kitchen included a stove, fridge, microwave, and a single serve coffee pot.
Unfortunately, I became ill with what seemed to be a sinus infection by our 2nd day in the room. By the time we were home from Oregon, I was having a lot of pain and blurred vision in one eye, and visited my eye doctor, who found I had a corneal ulcer. He said it was caused by a bacterial infection, and said the most common cause of such an eye infection was usually a bacteria commonly picked up from hot tubs that are not cleaned regularly, and asked if I’d been in any hot tubs recently. Well, the only hot tub I’d been in in years was this one, so it was most likely the cause of the infection, and the reason I became ill while staying in the room.
It’s not a guarantee, he said there are less common ways I could have picked up the bacteria, but with the timing it was likely this hot tub. So after reading many reviews here mentioning issues with the motel’s cleanliness, I question how thoroughly they are cleaning the hot tub, and I wouldn’t be willing to stay here again, even for the fabulous views.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2018

We stayed here our first night on a road trip down the coast. It wasn't anything fancy but the room was large, clean, and had a perfect oceanfront view. The beach is just a short walk away and there are plenty of options for food nearby.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

At first glance, this place isn’t so bad. Then, you pull into the parking lot and realize it’s not great. After that, you enter your room and are immediately impressed with the ocean view which is wonderful.

After that impression wears off, you’re left wondering if the room got vacuumed, if the shower got cleaned and if you are sleeping on the same unwashed sheets as last night’s guests.

In fact, we started to wonder if everything is ok with the previous guests since there were what appeared to be droplets of blood above the shower wall (I’ve attached a picture for you).

You can see in the other two pictures evidence of their attention to detail in keeping the place up.

This place is cheap for the area. And, it does have great views. But, if your wife is anything like mine and worries about the cleanliness of the sheets before getting comfortable, you may want to look elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Great Motel for the price, right on the beach with a view from every room. The rooms were clean and outdated, which only added to the homey feel of this small motel. We enjoyed a lovely evening on the beach and a quiet nights sleep.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 7, 2018

Had my heart set on an ocean view room on our recent Oregon trip and this unassuming motel filled the bill. Room is small, but freshly painted/refurbished, very inviting; minifridge & microwave (does that qualify as a 'kitchenette'?). Sliding door onto deck above the beach, with weathered picnic tables to enjoy the view, narrow stairway descends to beach. Before we checked out, we took a look at the 'cottage' w/hot tub, which sleeps four (pulldown Murphy bed) but would be perfect for two, and very homey. We thought the room price reasonable, even for pre-high season (mid-May) for which we had very nice weather. That cottage is definitely a possibility for our next seaside stay!

Date of stay: May 2018